It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan is Venting Radiation High Into The Atmosphere!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Because of all the burning of debris and trash after the tsunami and nuclear disaster in Japan,they are releasing a huge amount of radioactive ash into the atmosphere, contaminating The USA and the global community once again.
Will this madness never end??

(HUMBOLDT, Calif.) - Radioactive cesium exceeding 8,000 becquerels/kg has been detected in the ashes from burning the regular household garbage in Kanto and Tohoku regions. The Ministry of the Environment has decided to apply the same rule as the disaster debris and allow the ashes to be buried. The municipalities will be able to bury the ashes that they have stored temporarily, but it may be difficult to obtain consent from the residents living near the disposal facilities. "Burning that waste and with radioactive, rain will come down again upon their own people, as well as Canada and the U.S. They're refusing to see the seriousness of this disaster and it's making it worse.", says nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen. In other areas it has reached as high as "100,000 becquerels/kg", in Fukushima, ashes, after burning household garbage . . . 95,300 becquerels/kg. This new policy is to be applied to ashes from disaster debris and regular garbage that are radioactive. It's not mentioned in the article but the ashes and slag from the radioactive sewage sludge will likely be disposed under the same policy - i.e. burn and bury. Some garbage incinerators and sludge incinerators at waste processing plants and sewage treatment plants in cities in Kanto have become so radioactive that they have to be shut down.

www.salem-news.com...

ONGOING DANGER 3: INCINERATING NUCLEAR WASTE. Incineration!? Japan's government is 'okaying' the burning of radioactive waste. This stuff - very dangerous radioactive particles - will fall out all over the world. Incineration is also a back-door means to ocean-dumping. Why? Most of the stuff will land in the ocean.

www.nuclearcrimes.org...

We need to find a way to stop this before it is the end of us all.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The madness will end around the time fear mongering ends.

2nd
edit on 30-8-2011 by darkendmetal because: fixed

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
you know sometimes i think there getting back at the rest of the world for the atomic bombs with these shinanagons stunts there pulling with this so called "clean up"

giving us a taste of our own medicine if you will

this is poison we are all going to taste one way or another

someone really needs to step up to the plate and handle business and take out japans trash in a safe manner

put it all into a neat little package and send it to the sun !

nasa can pull out the shuttle to deliver the payload on her final mission

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that on a similar thread I was asking if anyone have a link to any form of radiation monitoring system online. Thankfully, an ATS member gave me this link

Radiation Network

I have family who live in the Humbolt/Del Norte area, as I am from there as well. So naturally I am concerned. I was noticing that the levels there were a bit higher than where I am in the Seattle area currently. Upon reading this thread I pulled up the link, and of the two stations that were on in the area, neither of them are on at the moment. I will be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah this is more sheer madness. For one we all know burning anything radioactive is many times worse. Burning doesn't change the radioactive Isotopes or destroy them. This is utter stupidity. Why not just open the reactors up and let them bleed out into the environment again. They are accomplishing about the same thing. on a much weaker level of course.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

There are more monitoring going on than that.
Here are a few of them.

bearishtrader.blogspot.com...

And here also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

A pretty alarming situation indeed. Although it will not be the end of us all, just some of us, possibly.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
Yeah this is more sheer madness. For one we all know burning anything radioactive is many times worse. Burning doesn't change the radioactive Isotopes or destroy them. This is utter stupidity. Why not just open the reactors up and let them bleed out into the environment again. They are accomplishing about the same thing. on a much weaker level of course.

They might as well load it on a barge and ship it over here and dump it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by miner49r

There are more monitoring going on than that.
Here are a few of them.

bearishtrader.blogspot.com...

And here also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks Kdog! ... I appreciate the links for sure

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What if it's true and this entire country,Japan has become one big nuclear waste disposal site?

The entire country is potentially a nuclear waste disposal site, because of this one disaster. Those following all this know Fukushima City should have been evacuated right from the beginning. - Fukushima Cesium-137 Leaks 'Equal 168 Hiroshimas' With regard to Fukushima, Kobe University Radiation Expert Prof. Tomoya Yamauchi, said of this city of 290,000 People: "Evacuation Must Be Conducted As Soon As Possible". Prof. Chris Busby says Fukushima is like the TITANIC - suggesting that the Japanese government is completely out of order and if it continuous its course of action then it is a criminal organization - "I Am Too Frightened To Go Closer To Meltdowns Than 100 Km' Because Of High Levels Of Radiation". In relation to the evacuation of Fukushima, Japanese Journalist Takashi Hirose said: "It's like killing our own children, I cannot allow it to happen". There are reports that teachers are forcing school children to eat food that their parents told them not to eat. Prof. Tatsuhiko Kodama of Tokyo University said Japan's government needs a wakeup call, adding that many are 'Shaking With Anger'. His quote: "What Are You Doing?" A recent alert indicated that Greenpeace Radiation Measurements in Fukushima City hot spots is showing at 500-700 Times Normal! Again, over 290,000 people are In Danger.

www.salem-news.com...
edit on 30-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
We will see what turns up in British Colombia with the salmon.

Returning sockeye salmon will be tested to determine if this year's run was contaminated by radiation picked up in the North Pacific from Japan's Fukushima nuclear disaster. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) said sampling of salmon and other fish is already underway and will continue through August and September. The agency expects the tests, planned since June, will show radiation in B.C.-caught salmon is well below levels that would prompt federal action, but calls it a prudent measure to reaffirm its safety for both domestic and export markets. "We have tested air quality, domestic milk and foods imported from Japan," CFIA spokesperson Alice D'Anjou said. "No harmful levels of radiation have been detected, and we do not expect this situation to change when fish are tested." Results are to be posted on the CFIA website as they become available. Fraser River sockeye migrate far out into the Pacific, as far west as the Bering Sea, although they were likely on their way back to B.C. when multiple Japanese reactors damaged by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami released radiation through the air and contaminated seawater. Salmon biologist and activist Alexandra Morton supports the testing. "My feeling is yeah let's check," she said. "A massive amount of radiation was released into the water and air. There's been radiation readings in seaweed in North Vancouver. I do think it should be investigated."

www.bclocalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkendmetal
The madness will end around the time fear mongering ends.

2nd
edit on 30-8-2011 by darkendmetal because: fixed

No fearmongering here,my friend,just getting the info out there to those who may be affected by this.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I hope 2012 hits Japan hard and fast. We don't need the Japanese government to be a global killer. We have enough problems of our own to deal with!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So,in order to protect the people,they are hiding info.
Does that make sense?

Alarmist predictions that the long-term health effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan will be worse than those following Chernobyl in 1986 are likely to aggravate harmful psychological effects of the incident. That was the warning heard at an international conference on radiation research in Warsaw, Poland, this week. One report, in UK newspaper The Independent, quoted a scientist who predicted more than a million would die, and that the prolonged release of radioactivity from Fukushima would make health effects worse than those from the sudden release experienced at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor in Ukraine.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And don't forget all those tons of radioactive sludge. They can't make it into concrete anymore, because the cement is too hot. So the mounds are growing up and up and up.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
And it doesn't get any better ,folks.

Report: 76 trillion becquerels of Plutonium-239 released from Fukushima — 23,000 times higher than previously announced

enenews.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
And it doesn't get any better ,folks.

Report: 76 trillion becquerels of Plutonium-239 released from Fukushima — 23,000 times higher than previously announced

enenews.com...

Wonderful! .... Plutonium-239 has a half life of 24,200 years according to Wiki Plutonium-239

I am trying to make sense of all this becquerels, milisieverts, microsieverts, CPM ...it is enough to give one a headache! I am trying to figure out how bad is bad and what is super bad

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Get a load of the Curium further down the list....requires 20 times more lead to shield from, and is 500 tiimes more gammaa rays and such comming off it.
Tone goes for the kidneys, the next one gets in the lungs , theres a good chance that an estimated million deaths may be very conservative the longer the emissions of radiaation continue.....and thats not about to stop any time soon.heres a whole garden of these rare atomic elementals with serialised numbers 242, 243, 244, etc etc....
The staggering reading of 23,000 times more than Tepco would admit to of radiation indicates to me that the other ramifications such as fuel escapement, water table contamination, as well as ocean contamination have been also downplayed on the same scale....shudder.......If so these people are criminally complicit.....
This is really an international emergency, and somebody impartial should be in charge.....
Perhaaps MIT or whatever....but neutral direction.....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
02nd Sep 2011 06:00:00

Typhoon I.
N 34° 12.000, E 137° 48.000
139 Wind km/h
167 Gust km/h
JTWC
guess where.,,

can any say for sure what happens,
when you get,
GAMMA typhons,,
with lightning?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Typhoon I.
139 Wind km/h
167 Gust km/h
JTWC
guess where.,,

can any say for sure what happens,
when you get,
GAMMA typhons,,
with lightning?

I am missing the point here... clue me in please. Would Gamma and lighting have an adverse effect with each other?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join