It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would it be like if the Elite weren't hoarding money?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
I just happen to see the world we live in for what it really is. I am willing to be blunt about what we humans are currently like. We don't know who we are because we are too concerned with the material world. Got to have the latest pointless iToys, 3DTVs, flash cars, designer clothes.

Hey, irrational people make the world go round. Let them spend, spend, spend money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like. People like that made possible the iPhone coming into existence.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

If you want to live in a materialistic world, fine, but if you do, then you shouldn't really complain about the 'filthy rich'. You can't have one without the other.

st.

What do [color=gold] I want?
Thanks for asking.

Sorry, I was 'speaking' in general terms, I should have said something like 'If we want to live in .... then we shouldn't ....'. My bad.

I often wonder what would happen if 'we the people' just all suddenly declared independence from our respective countries.

Maybe 'they' would listen to us then....but probably not!

st.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

what would it be like if the Elite weren't hoarding money?

Not much would change. People manage to screw up thoroughly by themselves, there is no money-hoarding elite that is causing all of the worlds problems.
edit on 31/8/11 by Maslo because: quote

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't see it being any different if they were not hoarding money.
They would simply have not printed so much of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Hey, irrational people make the world go round. Let them spend, spend, spend money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like. People like that made possible the iPhone coming into existence.

iPad3 is going to be so awesomely sexy, I've just ordered a new tent so that I am fully prepared to camp outside the local Apple store for when it's released! I do hope they release it before Comet Elenin pummels us!

st.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7d40c77f822.png[/atsimg]

If the elite weren't hoarding money,
maybe every phone would be a satallite phone.

And by now the antennas would be much smaller
due to a fractal breakthrough by some common person,
who was entitled to earn off of their discovery.

But not the way things are now.
The corporations will wait for three generations
of patent holders to die,
and buy the patent on the cheep,
before they will share one cent.

This is why we have all these bubbles and crashes.
It's a cheep and predatory way to snap up intelectual property rights.
You don't think a single person working at YouTube actually invented
the streaming video protocols that they use do you?

Any one remember the dot com bubble?

David Grouchy

edit on 31-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I found it amusing that in your pictures, you still refer to "class"
"Middle-class house" compared to "upper-class house" - Surely if wealth was spread much more generously, class would become a non-issue. Perhaps we would find that many people would be happy with what they had because they no longer felt the need to compete with their neighbour?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I'm glad someone noticed.
Or at least, noticed enough to say something.

Yes.
Isn't it interesting,
that in a country that used to pride itself
on being a "classless society" how pages,
and many heart felt perspectives can go by
without a single person pointing out the obvious flaw.

Congradulations.
Star for you.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't necessarily want the elite flooding the economy with their money...Maybe in 2012 something will go wrong and they have a change of heart. (Wishful thinking)*

...over time they would stream their money into the system while making resources available and more widespread throughout the world. They possibilities would be endless if they chose to do such. Some examples of what they could do: could create schools/farms/hospitals/libraries/re-build infrastructures/end famines/possibly change Mainstream Media and put stuff with value on/etc.

*If the govts would ever let it happen also...

So what do you think?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What do I think?
I think we are witnessing a war within TPTB

On May 6th 2010 at 1:51 pm "Dow is crashing"

This was posted to ATS "Global Meltdown" forum www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's about the sudden 1000 point drop in the Stock Market.

** Later that evening **

8:45pm It's now obvious why the market ''crashed'' www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vitchilo

sources are posted that show a vote in the senate to break up
the big banks
was to take place later the same day. The implication
is given that the vote failed because of what was happening to the market.

9:08pm

The 7th response after the OP

Worldwatcher (super moderator)
"Timing is everything, had this happened earlier,
our oil friends would have been in big trouble too,
but it happened after the oil markets closed, coincidence..

Two weeks later

April 20th, Deepwater Horizon oil spill

en.wikipedia.org...

Are we witnessing a war within TPTB?
I think so.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
that the elite is hoarding money is a bit of a misdirection. the issuance of currency and credit is under their control, and they do not need money per se.
recall how bernanke issues new money to the treasury... when the treasury agrees to pay interest on it.
go to fedwire dot gov, you will see three functions. stock book entries, letters of credit, and of course all interbank transactions over fedwire.
viola
issuance of currency and credit in any quantity

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe if we stopped with the euphemisms such as "elite" or "wealthy" or "upper class" or whatever. Start calling it like it is in plain English.

The Greedy (You really need that much of stuff while people starve?)

The Corrupt (Behind every great fortune is a great crime.)

The Fearful (Truly they are and they know it.)

The Slavers (What else do you want to call what they do to third world nations?)

The Delusional (Many in this category actually believe it is through their actions alone they have arrived to their destined position.)

The Obsequious (Think about what is said versus what is done.)

...anyway, you get the point.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The thing that you people don't understand, is that "the Elite," hoarding the money isn't the problem. The problem is the fact that if 90%+ of you got your hands on said money, it would leave your hands again very quickly, all on its' own.

Go and look up statistics on lottery winners. That money ends up in the hands of its' original owners, usually inside of 5 years. The real problem here is a lack of self management; and the very fact that you're all focused on "the Elite," rather than yourself, is itself an example of that point.

You don't have freedom because most of you don't know what it means; and most of you also wouldn't want it if you did. The Elite aren't the ones screwing you; all they do is take advantage of the fact that you've already screwed yourselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Considering that's it's still very expensive to launch satellites, no.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I'm glad someone noticed.
Or at least, noticed enough to say something.

Yes.
Isn't it interesting,
that in a country that used to pride itself
on being a "classless society" how pages,
and many heart felt perspectives can go by
without a single person pointing out the obvious flaw.

Congradulations.
Star for you.

David Grouchy

Lawl, thank you

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

edit on 2011/9/2 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Considering that Adobe owns the flash player used by Youtube, no. And Google is yet to recoup the $1.6 billion they (over) paid for the video sharing site.

People who don't know about economics should really just stop talking out of their arses.
If I invent something, I won't give it for free. I'll try to earn millions or even billions from it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiuk
reply to post by Ghost375

Sigh... really now?

The elite so called hoarding money has the effect of improving the value that each dollar can buy. If they dumped all of their money into the system, it would effectively decrease the Purchasing Power Parrody of each dollar. I know this is fact, because i have seen "simulations" of it done before. This hoarding of wealth has happened in video games before. Usually unlike the real world, players in video games will quit eventually. Sometimes, the uber rich chose to delete their accounts with all money still in the bank if you will. This deflated the economy. However, when the players effectively gave away their massive sums of cash, it meant that it cost more to buy basic items in game while the "salaries" of players (money they got from directly interacting with the game) remained the same, making each dollar worth less.

This isn't nearly the same as a fiat currency.... and you MUST be talking about Diablo II. The problems that their economy suffered was from a much more simple design... Take a look at the economies over at eve online... a much more advanced model... still not perfect but MUCH more stable, as things have real intrinsic value... where as most games do not. Hoarding is not a problem in this game.... granted stealing IS encouraged...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Considering that Adobe owns the flash player used by Youtube, no. And Google is yet to recoup the $1.6 billion they (over) paid for the video sharing site.

People who don't know about economics should really just stop talking out of their arses.
If I invent something, I won't give it for free. I'll try to earn millions or even billions from it.

Which stifles real innovation and holds back the standard of living all at the same time. Way to prove the point... skip.

The problem is greed.... plain and simple.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It doesn't matter that they're hoarding money. They've already shipped all of the jobs overseas.

if you're expecting the elite to pay up, you're fooling yourself. The game is rigged.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join