It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Bachmann Says Earthquake and Hurricane Were Devine Warnings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Michele Bachmann Says Hurricane Irene And Earthquake Are Divine Warnings To Washington (VIDEO)

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?'" Bachmann, a third-term Minnesota representative, told a crowd in Sarasota that the St. Petersburg Times estimated contained around 1,000 people.

There is a video at the bottom of the page with her speaking about this "divine warning" to Washington. I really believe that she believes it. I just hope not too many others do.

I just can't figure out what's going to come out of her mouth next. She's a loon if ever I saw one.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Her spokesperson has come along cleaning up behind her claiming that what Mrs. Bachmann said wasn't serious, but I think we all know she's hedging her bets.

Bachmann Spoke ‘In Jest’

"Obviously she was saying it in jest," campaign spokesperson Alice Stewart told TPM in a statement.

The quote, made by Bachmann at a Florida campaign rally over the weekend, is making headlines across the Internet and TV.

edit on 30-8-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

It blows my mind how someone like that could actually have a bid for president. You don't run a presidential campaign with an end of days, God is attacking the infadels theme and expect to scare people into voting for you. I am still up in the air about who to vote for but she just lost mine with that kind of crap.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So...

God will stop hurricanes and earthquakes if we vote for Bachmann? That's quite a promise there.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I want to slap Michele Bachmann in the face.

"God this....god that......", Give it a rest lady!
edit on 30-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
But it fizzled out before it hit New York..that must mean the wall street psychopaths are doing the right things and are helping America...right?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So when the westboro baptist church people say god is killing soldiers because of rampant homosexuality, they are just joking too right? . . . I really wish I could believe that.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

How is anyone still taking her seriously? I cannot believe the polls show her as a front runner? Perry I get, he isn't a Ron Paul, but he is polished and protected by the mainstream partyliners, but how did Bachmann ever get this far?

The only real candidate resides in my siggy block!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
So...

God will stop hurricanes and earthquakes if we vote for Bachmann? That's quite a promise there.

So her campaign strategy was thought up by the Christian mafia? She needs to realize that the people want a president that doesn't think god is behind everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?'" Bachmann, a third-term Minnesota representative, told a crowd in Sarasota that the St. Petersburg Times estimated contained around 1,000 people.

'To spell in out clearly (most unlike ME): You US Politicians better start owning up to the
murder of over 1.5million innocent Middle-Eastern men, women and children, or I swear
by ME that there will be HELL to pay next.'

Yours etc. etc.

God.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know I cant understand it either I think the party is just trying to put out as many ridiculous candidates as possible to distract the medias attention from Ron Paul.

I mean Bachmann makes Sarah Palin look like a progressive...ok maybe thats reaching but still. I cant think of many other modern politicians who have claimed that natural disasters were Gods vengeance for bad economic policy.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Openeye because:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Every time she utters a wholly stupid remark such as this, she is shooting herself in the foot politically. What she needs to do in order to be taken seriously is stick to the issues: economy, unemployment, public policy, etc. She is giving her political opponents ammunition to use against her as the election draws near.

And, for crying out loud, stay away from the corndogs!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
After listening to the speech, I can't believe she believes this or expected anyone else to accept it as literal fact. Having said that, her points continue to drop in my mind with things like this. She may not have meant it, but just saying it shows very poor judgement and grasp of how normal people take things.

There are quite a few things about how she is handling herself......or being handled by staff, that are very underwhelming. If someone can't run very solid campaign, how the heck can they ever be trusted to run a nation like ours? I started the 'campaign season' really open minded toward her too...It's disappointing so far.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Michelle Bachmann is exactly the kind of president this US needs. God loves Ms. Bachmann with all her heart and I blessing her and her family to for having a clinic that puts gay guys bank on to the straight and narrow.

We know from revelations that soon the Lord will come to take us all home to be with him and who better than Michelle to welcome Jesus into the White House for a nice bowl of strawberries.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If there was any truth to god giving divine warnings, and actually talking to people, then all those cereal murderers who said god told them to do it, wouldn't be in prison now would they?

So people actually believed it when Bush said god told him to invade Iraq, yet as soon as a regular citizens use "god told me to do it" as an excuse, the courts laugh in their face.

Hmmm, something seems hypocritical about this. People don't use god when it's convenient, to simply further an agenda, do they?

What ever happened to thinking people who hear voices and have imaginary friends are simply crazy?
edit on 30-8-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't like her one bit, but she was clearly playing to the crowd. She was joking. She said it with a huge smile, the crowd was laughing and she was laughing.

I'm sure deep down she does place Godly significance to natural storms and such, but clearly here she was just joking. I'm not saying it's ok, but she was trying to make people laugh.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
If there was any truth to god giving divine warnings, and actually talking to people, then all those cereal murderers who said god told them to do it, wouldn't be in prison now would they?

I burned a full box of cornflakes once because they were out of date. But my Mom told
me to do it, not God.
Man oh man I don't want to do time!!
I repent! I repent!

Cheerio.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Every time she utters a wholly stupid remark such as this, she is shooting herself in the foot politically. What she needs to do in order to be taken seriously is stick to the issues: economy, unemployment, public policy, etc. She is giving her political opponents ammunition to use against her as the election draws near.

And, for crying out loud, stay away from the corndogs!
No exactly the opposite,
She needs to keep saying the stupid things she is saying, so people see her for the flake she really is
edit on 30-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

In all honesty, I don't think there's going to be a problem with that. She doesn't know when to shush.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Someone explain to me how shes getting votes?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join