It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Prank or...? Nov 26:th 1977 on ITN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I make no claim of knowing what this is. Chances are it's faked. It is weird though.

Subtitles for those that can't watch:

This is the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you.

For many years you have seen us as lights in the skies.

We speak to you now in the peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth.

We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your world so that you may communicate to your fellow beings athe course you must take to avoid the disaster which threatens your world, and the beings on our worlds around you.

This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius.

The New Age can be a time of great peace and evolution for your race, but only if your rulers are made aware of the evil forces that can overshadow their judgements.

Be still now and listen, for your chance may not come again.

All your weapons of evil must be removed.

The time for conflict is now past and the race of which you are part may proceed to the higher stages of its evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this.

You have but a short time to learn to lvie together in a peace and goodwill.

Small groups all over the planet are learning this, and exist to pass on the light of the dawning New Age to you all.

You are free to accept or reject their teachings, but only those who learn to live in peace will pass to the higher realms of spiritual evolution.

Hear now the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you.

Be aware also that there are many false prophets and guides operating in your world.

They will suck your energy from you - the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends and give you worthless dross in return.

Your inner divine self will protect you from this.

You must learn to be sensitive to the voice within that can tell you what is truth, and what is confusion, chaos and untruth.

Learn to listen to the voice of truth which is within you and you will lead yourselves onto the path of evolution.

This is our message to our dear friends.

We have watched you growing for many years as you too have watched our lights in your skies.

You know now that we are here, and that there are more beings on and around your Earth than your scientists admit.

We are deeply concerned about you and your path towards the light and will do all we can to help you.

Have no fear, seek only to know yourselves, and live in harmony with the ways of your planet Earth.

We of the Ashtar Galactic Command thank you for your attention.

We are now leaving the planes of your existence.

May you be blessed by the supreme love and truth of the cosmos.
edit on 8/30/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Edit: So I did some research. This has never been proven as a hoax however it was figured out how someone could have interrupted the broadcast for a prank. It seems rather hoaxy but I'm willing to hear debate.
edit on 8/30/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's been on ATS before. Probably not that much of a biggie mate. It was limited to a single transmitter in the UK so likely a hoax.

Old thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Thanks I didn't see that thread. I'll give it a read. However considering it's an older thread I hope we can continue the discussion here. No need to grave dig.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius.

I guess the aliens are the old hippies leftover from the '60s. HOAX

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

This has been discussed before on ATS, but I dont think you'll find it in the Hoax section. While true this only occurred on one UK channel it was done in the 1970s when hoaxing this kind of thing would be very hard to do. From what I remember the authorities were stumped & no one was charged or suspected. So the hoax claim is just an opinion of yours and hasn't been made fact yet
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

OK, if the mods let it go.

This is from the Fortean Times coverage of the event.

Somehow the originators of the message had jammed the sound signals frmo Southern TV’s transmitter at Hannington, Wiltshire, so viewers from Newbury and Reading to Winchester and Andover heard the weird voice superimposed over the ITN news bulletin. It caused sufficent panic for SOuthern TV to put half-hourly announcements insisting that it had been a hoax and that the planet was not being invaded. Predictably the IBA and Post Office took a rigid humourless stand, vowing prosecution of the culprits… and if the planet had been invaded we’d like to have seen them try!
Source: strangeattractor.co.uk...

Apparently it is a difficult prank to carry out and you need to know your stuff to pull it off.

Whoever did the deed knew their stuff, for the android (as one Post Office representative persisted in calling the mystery voice) needed sophisticated equipment or techniques to break into and dominate a TV transmission. One perceptive letter in the Times pointed out that if this was the first time this had ever happened in Britain, as the IBA claimed, then how could they be sure it was a hoax?
Source: strangeattractor.co.uk...

Some students appear to have jumped on the bandwagon and claimed they had invented some new equipment to pull it off.

The trouble is that the message matches a lot of the twoddle peddled by New Age groups. If you read the thread linked to in my signature you can learn more about that.

edit on 30/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-8-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

listen to th end of the video, i dont think its a hoax
edit on 30-8-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

This has been discussed before on ATS, but I dont think you'll find it in the Hoax section. While true this only occurred on one UK channel it was done in the 1970s when hoaxing this kind of thing would be very hard to do. From what I remember the authorities were stumped & no one was charged or suspected. So the hoax claim is just an opinion of yours and hasn't been made fact yet
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

True, it is just my opinion. I haven't even heard of this before today. It is very interesting but, the whole age of aquarius thing throws me off. Especially since it was in the 70s. I wasn't born until 73 but I have seem soooooo many videos about hippies chanting that same thing. Too much of a coincidence for me to write it off.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I guess the world will see very soon if there is any truth to this.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I guess the world will see very soon if there is any truth to this.

How cool would it be if what I said were true. lol The age of free alien love has arrived!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm going on hoax with this but still find it really fascinating given the time of origin. I get the whole hippie-hacker support due to the chosen dialogue but think its great that its not in the hoax section on ATS yet. Was it a 'War-of-the-Worlds Broadcast with a Heart" thinking that through fear we'd change for the better? Or was it a bored mega-geek who could manipulate technology, bypass authority, and really survive the 30+ years of scrutiny? While interestingly enough, coinciding with the end-of-times message that we're all so fascinated with as it approaches. If connected, it leaves plenty of wiggle room to actually better ourselves and heed the great forewarning. This is also the first time I've ever heard of this but will definitely do some further research and share more insight. Thanks for the re-post!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheVeganVixen

It isn't in hoax as it isn't a proven hoax. However, listen to the corny echo on the voice. Would aliens really sound like something off Dr Who or Star Trek?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Kinda interesting. It sounds like to me a "Darth Vader" type effect, and with (IMHO) a British type of accent (Aliens are British???)

Hmmm.. Star Wars was released May 25 of this same year so i do not really know. I would however be intrigued into the tech behind the hijack. Interesting none the less.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheVeganVixen
I'm going on hoax with this but still find it really fascinating given the time of origin. I get the whole hippie-hacker support due to the chosen dialogue but think its great that its not in the hoax section on ATS yet. Was it a 'War-of-the-Worlds Broadcast with a Heart" thinking that through fear we'd change for the better? Or was it a bored mega-geek who could manipulate technology, bypass authority, and really survive the 30+ years of scrutiny? While interestingly enough, coinciding with the end-of-times message that we're all so fascinated with as it approaches. If connected, it leaves plenty of wiggle room to actually better ourselves and heed the great forewarning. This is also the first time I've ever heard of this but will definitely do some further research and share more insight. Thanks for the re-post!!

Another possibility that better suits the level of equipment required to do this stunt is that it was a psyops event. similar to War of the World broadcast. --Actually, exactly similar but with a positive twist. That would be my bet.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i remember hearing this as a kid .years later while renovating a small police station one man place in a cupboard was a transmitter of somekind .when i asked the policeman what it was he said it was for emergencies that it would be picked up on tv and radio dont remember much about it but i do remember hearing that hoax when i was young even then it was stupid

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The message may be a hoax but the nature of its delivery is not a hoax. It could be a prank done at that particular station. That's my two cents.

top topics

join