It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant, deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu emerges in Asia and could sweep the globe this fall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
The normal flue kills thousands a year in they USA. Why is this even being brought any attention?

Because a mutated Avian Flu Virus will kill:

Millions

As i can read here many People underestimate the Risks,
a Pandemic will come and we have been never weaker than now!

A Mouth-Mask must be the Rule for all People who do Commuting
or working with other People, sick People need to be punished
when they use the Mass-Transportation System without protective Measurements!
edit on 31-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I always thought there was something fishy with that Contagion movie. Probably, to prep us for a manufactured virus. what better way to throw off suspicion of it being manufactured than to call it "bird" flu.
Eh, they're probably just trying to scare us into getting the flu shot. And the bird flue will miraculously fizzle out this year just like the swine flu.

2 conspiracy theories for the price of one post

I have a theory about this kind of thing. They spread warning stories in the media....tell you people are dying....then people go and get their shots to immunize themselves....when in fact that is actually how people get it.

Result - population control.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I just went into CVS to get an 18 pack of silver bullets (Coors) and the woman asked me if I would like a Flu shot.

Being the serious guy I am (and she was kind of foxy) I said, “sure”! and put my elbow on the counter and pulled up my sleeve.

She laughed.

And I asked her then, “who’s giving the shots ?”

She said, “the Pharmacist”

Anyway, I wished I would have asked her to come over after work for a “few shots” now that I think about it (and after a couple of brews)

Oh well...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree that it is quite likely that there isn't a good idea of how many people have actually contracted H5N1 and recovered. I have this same issue with West Nile.

Until a general study of a known candidate population in which there have been deaths is performed to test the wider population of neighbours for antibodies, we'll never have a good idea of how many people are contracting and surviving.

(off topic: West Nile is making people wear more insect repellent. Many people, particularly children, are now having insanely ridiculolous reactions to being bitten by mosquitos. I finally became so annoyed with it, I just let them bite me and the kids all summer and the overblown reaction I and my one kid were having to their bite went away. )

As to the low vaccination rate for swine flu - many people had been exposed before the vaccination came out. We all had it by the time that we could get the vaccination, and it really wasn't that bad for us. Last year the rates were low, probably because the flu season hit early and many people had a flu by the time the shots were available.

All that said - people who think that a virus with a 90% kill rate is overblown hype are terrifying in their lack of scope.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's the next course in our diet of fear.

After the debt ceiling fearmongering, hurricane Irene fearmongering, US earthquake scares we now have the annual flu virus merry-goround.

Anything, just as long as we are all kept in a state of fear and uncretainty....and distracted.

Oh and bigpharma companies must be wanting another huge injection of cash into their accounts. They'll make sure governments feel the need to purcahse billions of vaccines they won't need.....a'nd they'll get to poison joe public again with their toxic poisons in order to 'protect' - which in double speak, of course, is 'destroy'.
edit on 31-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Vaccines cause more injury and death then many of the things we vaccinate against.

I am permanently and totally disabled from my reciept of the Anthrax Vaccine while in uniform.
Unfortunately my education concerning vaccines came AFTER the jabs that made me sick.
Another unfortunate reality is I faced court marshall if I refused to be jabbed.

I am not agains ALL vaccines, but educate yourself about them and consider the $$$$$ made by Big Pharma insisting we get so many vaccines. I will NOT subject myself to any annual or "scared up" flu shot, but I am already vaccine injured.

ps. The Anthrax Vaccine is NOT safe.
"Since 1990, the V.A. has reported that the human anthrax vaccine program may have harmed over 685,000 U.S. military resulting in over 20,000 deaths by auto-immune disease and cancers. This is almost four times the number of deaths due to combat injury in Iraq."

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

But, but, but....Hurricane Irene was TERRIFYING. I really loved the reporters standing in their full rain gear talking about it in tragic tones, with the guys in shorts drinking bear and partying walking behind them. Awesome.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I dont know, remember 2 years ago they told as all to stay home if we even had the sniffles, and even the president talked about it on tv...there were lines for the vaccine, shortages, it was almost like a calm panic if you will...well I am not sure if this "bird Flue" will be the one that causes a large amount of deaths, but I do know that a plague of some sort is possable at anytime...its kinda scary to think about it, at one point in time there was talk of HIV becoming airborne back in the day...wow that was scary....anyway Im just thinking and typing I will worry about it when I see it I guess...and all of us should be boyscouts in our own way and always be prepared...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by wcitizen

But, but, but....Hurricane Irene was TERRIFYING. I really loved the reporters standing in their full rain gear talking about it in tragic tones, with the guys in shorts drinking bear and partying walking behind them. Awesome.

Lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It was actually pretty bad here in VT, but I did see quite a bit of sensational panic.

Can't really blame the weather channel though, they aren't meant to be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Yep. Except there's no flu shot for this one...

Yet.

Mark My words, there'll be one. Y'betchy. And the masses will not question the speed of its development. And lo! The supply will be tight and the price will be high - and it will be AFTER the vaccination that any pandemic issues arise - if any.

Unless We over all reject this jab - likely - in which case They'll try something new. Humans have lived aeons on this planet and though there are records of large pandemics, mostly Humanity does NOT die in flue season. All the more so with sanitation at higher levels.

Isn't it odd We hear about "The Killer Virus" every year? They must inoculate Us all (making more money than You can fill Your mind with) and laugh.

I say the healthy thing to do is maintain sanitary but not obsessive habits (too clean and You will lose Your immunities), and avoid the corporate scam for best results.
edit on 8/31/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Reminds me of that Negative blood type virus thing, anybody 'member that ?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

That is OK I am sure big pharma have a new vaccine to be integrated with the seasonal flu and swine flu ready for the seasonal flu season to included H5N1.

Hurry up and get your triple by pass vaccine now.

Straightening your immune system with what God give us naturally is the best defense to fight many diseases.

Occurs this is for people with healthy systems no those that have compromised immune systems due to on going diseases of other nature.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
SORRY - lost power yesterday - will lose again soon today. Just have a few minutes. Will try to start answering posts tomorrow. Just quickly…

My interest is the science - how we've changed our world at the molecular level - and how those changes impact life. There is no doubt the crap and contaminants we've dumped into our environments has caused ancient microbes to mutate - and created new life forms too. We have NO immunity to this stuff.

It's not scare tactics - it's real. But true, some of it gets played that way - just to bump profits and cover political butt.

Anyway. We're facing geophysical instability, national bankruptcies AND global plagues. Along with food shortages, climate change and social upheaval. …Hang on for a wild ride.

…This is NOT news to TPTB. They've been planning and positioning for a while now - they looted our world thoroughly between 2001 and 2008 - so they're good to go. But we ordinary people have NO cushion, back-up or reserves to carry us through til the dust settles.

Time to face facts, and get prepared. Panic is NOT recommended.

Again - I will NOT take a vaccine. Or go to jail either. …FYI - the drug companies do NOT want to make vaccines. They're negotiating (again) for big $$$ up front, and ZERO LIABILITY. Our governments go for it because there is no other "solution."

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Scientists have seen the writing on the wall for a long while now. And they, public health officials and other bleeding hearts have been begging for prevention the whole while. But no. Ain't happenin.

Prevention would cut into corporate profits. The only option left is crisis "response" - after TSHTF - which in this case will be a highly profitable vaccine, funded with our tax dollars, and offered up with zero liability for the manufacturer. Maybe a few new anti-virals too

So if you're into profiting from disaster, look at Sanofi-Aventis (NYSE:SNY), Novartis (NYSE:NVS), GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK), AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Baxter (NYSE:BAX), Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) and China-based Sinovac Biotech (NASDAQ:SVA). Barry Cohen is long NVS and AZN.

Old news: World must invest equally in bird flu prevention and response

The "reports during the past two weeks of two recent infections and another death" from H5N1 (avian) influenza "raised little concern except among public health officials," ..."[t]he fact that bird flu in developing nations receives little public attention reveals that the world has become complacent about this threat."

"Even more telling is how the focus of international giving has shifted from prevention to response strategies. … [but] the world cannot afford to be complacent about prevention," he writes. "Each infection is a warning that the species barrier will not prevent human infections," Gatter notes, concluding, "On the theory that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, all nations must recommit to the strategies that will prevent infections in the first place. At the very least, we must invest just as heavily in prevention strategies as we do in response planning" (8/16).

And oh yeah, the threat is real.

U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization Warns of 'Possible Major Resurgence' of Avian Flu (H5N1) in Asia and a New Vaccine-Evading Strain in Vietnam and China

The possible combination of influenza strains H1N1 (high infectivity) and H5N1 (high lethality) is a matter of global concern …the Replikin Counts of the two virus strains have risen simultaneously, not seen previously. Additionally, the rise is to their highest levels in 50 years (H1N1, 16.7; H5N1, 23.3), and that clinical outbreaks of each strain are now occurring. These simultaneous conditions may increase the risk that the two virus strains might come into contact with each other more frequently, facilitating transfer of genomic material to form a hybrid.

See figures: www.ereleases.com...

But every disaster is just a new opportunity - to profit and prosper. It's a corporate rule.

In Event of Bird Flu Pandemic, Vaccine Producers Likeliest to Prosper

Given this week’s news that bird flu is showing signs of returning and a mutant strain of the deadly H5N1 virus could be spreading in Asia, investors might want to keep their eyes some of the heavyweights of vaccine manufacturing.

They include Sanofi-Aventis (NYSE:SNY), Novartis (NYSE:NVS), GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK), AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Baxter (NYSE:BAX), Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) and China-based Sinovac Biotech (NASDAQ:SVA).

The mutant strain could be spreading to previously virus-free countries by wild bird migrations, according to the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization. It appears existing avian influenza vaccines aren’t effective against the new strain.

It's not a conspiracy, just good business.

edit on 1/9/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Straightening your immune system with what God give us naturally is the best defense to fight many diseases.

Real hard to do in our contaminated world with it's contaminated water and food. But turmeric, cumin, oregano, thyme and cinnamon are good, daily. And plantago (plantain) - amazing stuff!

Occurs this is for people with healthy systems no those that have compromised immune systems due to on going diseases of other nature.

If you mean who's most at risk - yeah, it's still the young and healthy.

Of the human cases associated with the ongoing (bird flu) H5N1 outbreaks in poultry and wild birds in Asia and parts of Europe, the Near East and Africa, about 60% of those people reported infected with the virus have died. Most cases have occurred in previously healthy children and young adults

More info from WHO: Avian influenza

Canada Health: Current Avian influenza (H5N1) affected areas; Human infection with avian influenza H5N1 viruses. NOTE: Not current.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

All that said - people who think that a virus with a 90% kill rate is overblown hype are terrifying in their lack of scope.

No kidding!

...Hope you have a stash and a bug-out bag.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I always thought there was something fishy with that Contagion movie. Probably, to prep us for a manufactured virus. what better way to throw off suspicion of it being manufactured than to call it "bird" flu.
Eh, they're probably just trying to scare us into getting the flu shot. And the bird flue will miraculously fizzle out this year just like the swine flu.

2 conspiracy theories for the price of one post

I liked that movie...

Anyways, I read a few weeks ago about it being spread in Vietnam. I'm worried about it spreading to some bird farms in more modern countries.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by toothpastert

WOW I can't believe how ignorant you are it's not flu just flu, don't you know that the cia invented it just like the Spanish flu which killed millions and these bird flu's and swine flu's will do exactly the same, go get yourself a vaccination and see what that does to you scary no s&f's for you

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeZutch

The swine flu is not going to fizzle out it's going to get worse next year, I read somewhere and I wish I saved it but I never, but it was from a conversation of a military man whistle blower who had been to a private meeting and should not of really been there but apparently was on the invite list so he ended up there all presidents from around the world were there royalty too and a British former pm, they spoke about starting ww3 in the middle east no dates were mentioned so don't ask i don't know, anyway they were saying that the population needed to be reduced by 50%, personally I think there plan is a lot more than that, they were saying that when the war is at peace they would then go over china with bio warfare namely that of swine flu, so you see it's going to get worse, we'll see if this one comes off when we have nuke war in middle east very soon possibly nasty people at the top i hate them all
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join