It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant, deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu emerges in Asia and could sweep the globe this fall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by Celestica
Canada and Russia being Virus free -- It probably has to do with the climate of that area, if I recall correctly most virus' have a hard time surviving the cold, which is why hospitals are generally cold.

Bird flu needs a higher temperature to survive.

I don't think so - do you have references? ...My old sources say 200 day survival in cold lake water but the links are gone. Well worth checking.

FYI - H5N1 is common in North America, just not the "Asian" strain.

For example...

Last year 17 million birds were culled because of a flu outbreak in Canada.

Canada's Chief Veterinary Officer, Dr. B Evans, said "I want to emphasize that the H5N1 subtype detected in Manitoba is completely distinct from the strain currently present in Asia." He went on to say that this virus has been seen in North America before and poses no new risks to human health.

Just because the subtype has the same name does not mean it is as dangerous as the Asian one.

My main concern during the H1N1 pandemic was that it would lend some genetics to H5N1.

It still can and likely - will.

H1N1 was a pandemic. Maybe it didn't kill enough people for you personally, but that isn't a diagnostic criteria.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'll look around at temperatures for bird flu in vivo in a human again.

I think what you saw was environmental survival temperatures.
edit on 2011/8/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Okay - thanks. But remember - in vivo temps required to propagate will be much higher than environmental just to stay alive and infect... Maybe check both?

Thanks again, sofi

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Super huge pandemic that would cause massive amounts of deaths?

- Govt stockpiling bodybags - Check! www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Railcars to send folks to quantine areas? - Check! www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Previous quarantine regulations set up? Check! www.abovetopsecret.com...

I haven't post much here at ATS, but just remembered afew things that stuck me as I read this. Am I connecting the dots or just another sheeperson?

-GJ

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
S&F!

I'm 100% behind you, soficrow! If H5N1 ever mutates sufficiently to enable easier human to human transmission and still maintains its virulence, we are going to be in MAJOR trouble. Back in 2003 when H5N1 first started making national and international news, it fascinated me, and I became very interested in the subject of pandemics and epidemiology in general. I read every book I could find on the subject. The John Barry Great Influenza book about the 1918 pandemic was especially terrifying. I don't know how I missed finding your threads here on ATS back then! Like you, I found Henry Niman's Recombinomics site to be a very important source for info and news. Also, the fluwiki.com site and forum was an incredibly reliable place for info about the virus. I spent hours and hours on the fluwiki site in particular and visited the News Commentary page on Niman's site daily. In fact, when I first read the news yesterday about the latest resurgence and mutation of the virus, I immediately went to Niman's site to see what he had to say about it.

I even got in on the prepping thing and bought a bunch of non-perishable food and staples and kept a supply of prescription and over the counter medications on hand. I drove my husband crazy with it.
A lot of people probably thought I was kind of a goofball because of it, but I became known as the "expert" on bird flu where I was working at the time, and I even ended up writing an article for the local newspaper about it. As time went on and H5N1 didn't make the jump to sustained h2h transmission, we ended up using all of the preps I had stored in the basement, but I still keep my fridge and pantry a bit overstocked just in case. It still drives my hubby crazy when he looks in the pantry and sees 4 giant bags of rice in there.

I think the big H5N1 question is still the same: Will the virus mutate and make the jump to h2h2h2h2h while still maintaining its virulence and case fatality rate. If it does, it is truly is going to make H1N1(2009) Swine Flu look like Sunday in the park. I think the most troubling scenario is the pig mixing vessel one. I am definitely going to keep an eye on the developing situation. Please consider me an ally if things start to go downhill!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I knew this would happen. What better to increase the falling profits of pharmaceutical companies to spread out a brand new virus so that everybody buys another equally dangerous vaccine?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The normal flue kills thousands a year in they USA. Why is this even being brought any attention?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Step Right up... no real cure for this but our super virus *ahem* cure DRACO should sort it, who would like to be first?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well, if it does hit again and people are forced another round of vaccins, i won't take the cheap stuff they got for the masses! Can u imagine all the "high value" people and laboratory personell taking the more expensive shots and leaving the cheap versions for the average people? :s

Knowing what is in the vaccins, i don't want any at all, even if it means losing my job..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
The normal flue kills thousands a year in they USA. Why is this even being brought any attention?

i think its a difference if the normal flu kills x% of the infected people (wich most likely are older people)
or
if a flu kills everybody it has infected to 100% in a few days ...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

bird flu blah blah blah, swine flu blah blah blah, hmmm together they knocked off about...bugger all! normal flu kills about hmmm lets see around 30 000 a year give or take a few, hmmmm whats more serious?
and I had one of these animals flus last year apparently, felt terrible for about a week, then slowly got better over about 2 weeks. And I still refuse to get one of those BS jabs

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Looks like Man-Bear-Pig has returned. Vaccine rates were astronomically low last time Baxter pushed their drugs onto the public, Gee, I wonder how the response will be this time around. I'm actually looking forward to the incredibly low numbers

edit on 31-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hmmm. The seasonal flu (regular flu we all get every year) has an average death rate of 23,600. The H5N1 flu (bird flu) has had over 500 cases of human infection since it was reported in 2003 with a 60% mortality rate. Lets say the actual number is 1000 cases, that is still only 600 people who have died from the Bird Flu and the majority of them are humans over the age of 40 with existing health problems. All this can be found here:

www.flu.gov...

Now, which one is really the one to worry about?...This is nothing more than another round of scare tactics. Move along, there is nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Fear mongering at it's best.

Let's make pharma companies make a new vaccine so they can save us!!!
And please send the bill to my country they have unlimited reserves...

WHAT THEY DON'T?!?

Damn, guess we will have to borrow some more to pay our saviors.

There is nothing to fear other then fear itself and if it really swept the globe, it wouldn't be natural, it would be man made.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'm not denying it, and I do remember hearing about it a few years ago when I was in America.
I thought you meant recently there was another outbreak, in which case I have heard nothing.

I watch the national news daily and nightly and mainly hear about traffic problems or drug issues.
I'll keep my ear open, it is probably happening and i am too dense to see it. The again I really don't pay much attention to what is going on around here.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by Celestica
Canada and Russia being Virus free -- It probably has to do with the climate of that area, if I recall correctly most virus' have a hard time surviving the cold, which is why hospitals are generally cold.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Celestica because: re-read the article

Bird flu needs a higher temperature to survive.

My main concern during the H1N1 pandemic was that it would lend some genetics to H5N1.

H1N1 was a pandemic. Maybe it didn't kill enough people for you personally, but that isn't a diagnostic criteria.

It requires people and a transmission method. Much of that "clean" Canada is of very low population density and relatively isolated.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Frira

Originally posted by Frira

Originally posted by soficrow

I started 67 threads on Bird Flu over the past 6 or 7 years...

Sixty-seven threads?

SIXTY-SEVEN?

They're mostly science and you might find them boring. The threads talk about how industrialized animal husbandry practices and factory farming create diseases along with resistance to human anti-bacterial and anti-viral medicines - about how culling millions of domestic fowl threatens poor peoples' food supply in places far away from the USA. They also outline how allowing these diseases to evolve is part of a larger corporate depopulation strategy and so on.

...and remember how TPTB were telling the world that 'swine flu' started in Mexico? ...I broke the story on ATS showing that no, the first human case of 'swine flu' was in the USA in Wisconsin in 1998. You know, boring, repetitive and meaningless stuff like that.

Fair enough. Obviously I am on guard against "hype" - it plays in to the pharmaceutical companies in the name of claiming we are being swindled by the pharmaceutical companies.

Here is what I remember from the mainstream news for the first pandemic:

And then you found ATS and some pertinent information, right?

The apocalyptic end did not come, and no one trusts the hype who "survived" the first "end of the world."

I've always pointed out that the real danger is not the fatality rate - it's the huge number of survivors who 'survive' to suffer chronic disease, debilitation and disability - and threaten to bankrupt nations and insurance corporations.

I find it difficult to see a connection unless we are speaking of organs destroyed by the flu-- a claim I have not heard made-- but I don't study this.

Do I need to post this sixty-seven more times to catch up?

Nope. Just read a bit of the background. There's a lot of good stuff there, I promise. ...And it does help explain exactly why and how the flu 'hype' is really all about prepping us to accept quarantine, euthanasia and depopulation.

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"all five victims of h5n1 died in Cambodia..." probably means all five that were tested died. there are likely thousands of untested but infected victims that survived. Until the specific test for h5n1 is routinely applied to all those who appear to have flu, the death rate will be unknown, and this report is creating hysteria.

Now let us throw in a bit of big pharma. Tamiflu may be able to reduce the impact of influenza and save your life. Is this version of flu susceptible?
Recall former DOD chief Donald Rumsfeld has royalties on tamiflu, through Gilead sciences.
Who is testing h5n1 against the available antivirals, and which work? e.g., tamiflu, ribivarin, etc.
You want to bet 10 bucks a pill, with a fat tip to Donald, to save your life when the pandemic hits here?
just asking.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenisi
Hmmm...

Super huge pandemic that would cause massive amounts of deaths?

- Govt stockpiling bodybags - Check! www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Railcars to send folks to quantine areas? - Check! www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Previous quarantine regulations set up? Check! www.abovetopsecret.com...

I haven't post much here at ATS, but just remembered afew things that stuck me as I read this. Am I connecting the dots or just another sheeperson?

-GJ

those are all from 2008-2009... anything more recently come up in US MSM?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We all knew either an old flu or a all new flu would re-emerge to be mutated further then any medications we know of can stop a pandemic. Regardless of what they tell us, of the distance that flu or any new flu could spread, I have never nor will I ever take the flu vaccine. I am a firm believer those vaccines are one of the many causes that will be the downfall aof humailty.
Final note. Knowing this is about to become pandemic one would think their/mine governments would stop all incomming and outgoing flights to those countries, until they get the upper hand on it. It is a well know fact a epidemic is not a cause to stop business from going tick tock,. the elites, corporations and governmetns have to pad their pockets and egos. stopping a pandemic would take careing plans, and well the world leaders just dont care. money money money

edit on 31-8-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join