It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant, deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu emerges in Asia and could sweep the globe this fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Mutant, deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu emerges in Asia and could sweep the globe this fall

www.nydailynews.com

A mutant - and deadly - strain of the bird flu has emerged in Asia and could sweep the globe, world health officials warned Tuesday.

The avian flu, which triggered a widespread health alarm last decade, may be on the verge of a major resurgence, according to the United Nations.

The flu - dubbed H5N1 - has killed all eight people it infected in Cambodia so far this year, including one earlier this month, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.cbsnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
EXCLUSIVE: Spin and Counterspin: New Bird Flu Mutation has 91% Fatality Rate in Humans
CONS: H1N1 Flu: A Tale of Evolution, Economics, Power Politics and International Law.
WHO: "H5N1 Bird Flu is Back" …and Infects Fish Too
Scientific American: U.S. Pig Farms May Be 'Flu Factories'

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Bird Flu is back. Fact is, it never really went away. It became endemic in Indonesia and Egypt at least, and possibly Vietnam and Cambodia.

Now, Bird Flu could sweep the globe, according to the UN. The new mutation killed all 8 people it infected in Cambodia this year.

In humans, bird flu can cause problems ranging from eye infections to flu-like symptoms and severe respiratory problems. ...The cytokine storm also still seems to be the major problem contributing to fatality.

The world is looking at floods, famine, drought and disease. And it seems the movie Contagion is opening at just the right time for the disease part.

Interestingly, one of Contagion's backers (Participant Media) launched a "social action campaign with instructions on how to deal with a pandemic, such as stockpiling bottled water" - and will also advertise "virus hunters" to viewers.

Contagion follows the rapid progress of a lethal airborne virus that kills within days. As the fast-moving epidemic grows, the worldwide medical community races to find a cure and control the panic that spreads faster than the virus itself. As the virus spreads around the world, ordinary people struggle to survive in a society coming apart.

...(Director) Soderbergh received cooperation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and also worked with a group of scientific advisers for the film. ...filming began on September 25, 2010 and was initially scheduled to last until January 11, 2011.

The film is scheduled to be commercially released on September 9, 2011. It was originally scheduled for October 21, 2011.[7] …one of its backers Participant Media launched a social action campaign with instructions on how to deal with a pandemic, such as stockpiling bottled water. It will also advertise "virus hunters" to viewers.[3]

I started 67 threads on Bird Flu over the past 6 or 7 years - here's a quick sample4:

Quarantine Until Death: The Pandemic Policy Now on Trial in the Court of Public Opinion

Bird Flu and Beyond: Assisted Suicide Instead of Prevention

Bird Flu in Japan Linked to Vaccine

Bush Signs Quarantine Orders for Bird Flu

H5N1 Bird Flu in Pigs. Humans Next?

Bird Flu. Disease? Or Evolutionary Change?

ALSO ON ATS:

UN warns on mutant bird flu in Asia

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
all scare tactics like u said it never went away. it has killed 40 people a year since it first emerged. its flu season nothing more nothing less.... the seasonal full kills something like 36.000 people a year puts things into perspective doesn't it....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
seems its time to get a shot of DRACO ... :O

link   
Uh oh! I hope this isn't as deadly as Swine Flu was. I never even got a H1N1 shot, I can't believe I'm still alive.

link   
This will be nothing,. just like the last joke of a virus that went around..
"please, we the CDCobamaadministrationwho urge you to get this shot, It will save soooo many lives"
and then they will retract their statement a year later and say it wan't that bad..
Baaaa.... Baaaaaa. Baaaaa

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by toothpastert
all scare tactics like u said it never went away. it has killed 40 people a year since it first emerged. its flu season nothing more nothing less.... the seasonal full kills something like 36.000 people a year puts things into perspective doesn't it....

that or this is just a staged event designed to condition the masses for what will soon be laid upon them.......

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I always thought there was something fishy with that Contagion movie. Probably, to prep us for a manufactured virus. what better way to throw off suspicion of it being manufactured than to call it "bird" flu.
Eh, they're probably just trying to scare us into getting the flu shot. And the bird flue will miraculously fizzle out this year just like the swine flu.

2 conspiracy theories for the price of one post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

that or this is just a staged event designed to condition the masses for what will soon be laid upon them.......

That's my fear.

But it would be nice if it was just about selling movie tickets. [I wish.]

...btw - authorities admit they do NOT have a vaccine that works against this new mutation. Even if they claimed they did, I would not get vaccinated - which under law, makes me liable to get jailed. And trust me, you do NOT want to be in a jail -or a hospital either- during a pandemic. Pretty much guaranteed death.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Big pharma must have a shed load of medication they failed to sell last time....a bit of scare tactics to move stock.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
8 people, who cares, until i see at least a million dead, i'm not going to worry. Pandemic, whatever more fear mongering agian as usual. Why is it on a.t.s you never see any positive threads? well, this site is full of fear mongers, thats why.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I always thought there was something fishy with that Contagion movie. Probably, to prep us for a manufactured virus. what better way to throw off suspicion of it being manufactured than to call it "bird" flu.

Something fishy, yes. But Bird Flu is real - and so are a bunch of other diseases we created with our civilized-industrialized way of life. ...You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Eh, they're probably just trying to scare us into getting the flu shot.

Yep. Except there's no flu shot for this one...

And the bird flue will miraculously fizzle out this year just like the swine flu.

Just because something fizzles out in the media does NOT mean it fizzled out in the real world. ...Bird Flu and Swine Flu never went away, and they're about ready to come back strong. Recombinomics is an old favorite:

Testing for H5N1 in humans remains abysmal. Many countries with high levels of H5N1 in poultry, like Egypt or Indonesia, rarely test symptomatic cases that do not have a poultry link. Milder cases, such as the above case, would rarely seek medical attention, and most who did would rarely be tested for H5N1.

The recent receptor binding domain change (S227R) reported in H5N1 in Japan continues to increase concerns that H5N1 in humans is widespread in patients who are not tested.

Mutant Swine Flu?

Has A H1N1 come back in a mutated form, which not only re-infects people who caught this virus in 2009 but also which is able to side-step the vaccines developed to combat swine flu? Is there a cover-up among the health authorities of certain countries? New research answers these questions.

In his recent work "Mutating swine flu virus might render vaccine useless", US based researcher Terrence Aym* presents ground-breaking research which claims that there is an epidemic of a new variant of A H1N1 (Swine Flu) sweeping across the world and which stipulates that the healthcare authorities are covering up the statistics so as not to alarm the population.

Recombinomics is committed to the study of recombination as the driver of rapid molecular evolution and the emergence of novel infectious agents.

2 conspiracy theories for the price of one post

Good job.
and S

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Man, I remember the swine flu.... I was scared #less being in high school and finding out a few kids I knew got it. I was sure the whole school would close and we would all die. Until I see major deaths and such, I won't worry too much, but I'll keep an eye on it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I guess they are figuring out that people now days are becoming less intelligent, and we do believe everything we see on T.V. 28 days later was about a similar virus, but no one paid attention, now we have Laurence Fishburne playing in this movie Contagion. Yeah, I knew this time was coming, television has corrupted the minds. I honestly hope no one supports the pharma companies on this. They just need to make money.

edit on 30-8-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: Umbrella Image???

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Big pharma must have a shed load of medication they failed to sell last time....a bit of scare tactics to move stock.

Business is opportunistic, no doubt. These guy'll jump on anything to make a buck. ...and they create "need" too. I agree. In general.

But in this case, I do think we're being "prepped." ...Governments an insurance companies are taking major hits - from weather, radiation, food shortages, famine and chronic disease epidemics that are already happening.

I think we're being prepped for the counter-balance - "epidemics" of quarantine and euthanasia - designed to balance the budget.

edit on 30/8/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Mmmmm, tastes like evolution!

Hopefully it targets the stupid.

One can always dream..

It's a balancing act all right, but economics are but an extension of human potential.

The balance is sustaining the vast potential of our species on this rock, IMO.
edit on 30-8-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Maybe we will really get to see the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse
Compliments of the baxter group

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think I'm having deja vu. I could swear I've heard this before.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
let's see if they got the secret pandemic formula correct this time...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The balance is sustaining the vast potential of our species on this rock, IMO.

Hmm. Not sure I get your position on this one.

...You agree we're being prepped for quarantine and euthanasia? But you think it's justified? Because the Earth is overpopulated and can't sustain the current population?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join