It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been extorted and theres nothing I can do about it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

Kind of hard to carry a baseball bat or a sword around with you wherever you go though....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

lol... you are right. that's why I keep a baseball bat in my car. Because you never know when you might feel like stopping by the batting cages right? Course the nearest batting cages are over an hour from me but that doesn't matter. You see, I've had enough personal combat training that I am afraid to get in fights because after a point everything is muscle memory.

(I won't hesitate to attack someone with a gun either. I am an expert marksman so I understand exactly how they work. If you are too close to me... you will maybe get one shot before I've closed the distance, disarmed you and probably broken some bones in the process.)

But, I don't want to hurt anybody and more than half of my training taught me how to kill. Sometimes I wish I had never been trained. (because I can't lose my temper and take action. Ever. If i lose control of myself somebody will get hurt.) Other times I'm glad it's there.

But none of my training involved baseball bats. I've only pulled it out of my car twice in all these years, and each time it acted like a deterent giving me a few seconds to calm down and scaring the living tar outta the punks that were stepping up. But that's just my solution. My dad used to carry around a roll of quarters wrapped in duct tape (loaded fist), some people carry a collapsable baton. Others tazers or mace.

But I am not advocateing violence... only self defense. And if it's a question of taking someones life I recomend against it.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Kicking2bears because: typo....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Omg that is horrible

NOBODY should take advantage of another!!!

I won't flame you because you did what you had to do to protect your family.

I hope they get what they deserve!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kicking2bears
lol... you are right. that's why I keep a baseball bat in my car. Because you never know when you might feel like stopping by the batting cages right?

But how does that help you if you get attacked on the street and you don't have time to run and get the bat out of your car?

My dad used to carry around a roll of quarters wrapped in duct tape (loaded fist), some people carry a collapsable baton. Others tazers or mace.

Now those make more sense - something smaller than you can carry in a pocket and have quick access to in a tight spot

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

You are right coffee... that's exactly why I included those suggestions...

I do want to warn everybody before they go out and tape up a roll of quarters... (or 40 coins of any denomination) If you are someone who can drop a man with a single uppercut or even a couple of punches than a loaded fist can be Extremely Dangerous... even deadly...

Please think twice about it and maybe even practice some on a punching bag so you get the idea into your muscle memory a bit...

On the other hand if you find yourself in a pinch having 10bux in your pocket can come in handy... (the quarter is pretty close in size to the UK 10 pence... I don't know how usefull 4 pounds would be on that side of the pond... but I'm sure it could at least make a phone call... forgive my ignorance... I've been to the other side of the world but never to Great Britain.)

(ohyeah and don't forget to wipe your fingerprints off the coins and wear gloves when/if you tape it up... but maybe I'm just being paranoid... call it a side effect of living in America where big brother is slowly taking over and nobody seems to notice.)
edit on 3-9-2011 by Kicking2bears because: typo

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

I understand why you paid the money...and If I had been in your situation ...I would have done the same. As I ready your story I was thinking....be careful even of who your acquaintances are.....and hopefully these thugs won't target you for more funds in the future......but...they might...if they do...what are you going to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join