It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Recording: 9/11 Effects Wearing Off, Need Another Attack - Rumsfeld

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

You make it sound like a bad thing for people to come together in a crisis?(not 911)How pray tell is that a bad thing?To me it's normal behavior....anyway the Don came this close... to admitting 911 was done to bring people together.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xBWOMPx

the funny thing is if anyone else gets caught on tape saying something like this ,how long would it take before we're arrested for plotting an attack?For being a terrorist?If I have heard right conspiracy theorist are being compared to terrorist.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by consigliere
reply to post by Aeons

I'm sorry, but I fail to understand your post.Please elaborate.

How can people joke about horrible things?

How are people NOT joke about horrible things.

I've laughed about terrible things plenty of times. Just like the paramedic who cracks horrible jokes after scraping splattered person out of their car.

I find nothing inappropriate about his laugh. It is a laugh of...helpless frustration. I get that.

"The laugh of helpless frustration"
And he's frustrated because were not afraid of terrorist or is it the cynical laugh of someone who takes delight in others misfortunes?

So he deals with human suffering in such frequency that he can find "paramedic humor" in it?

Also to "laugh at terrible things all the time" seems a little sick,,,IMHO

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

Food for thought again, thanks for your link. I insert my critical eye... (and I will only work on the ones on US soil).

Arkansas. Someone who happens to be a muslim (convert) shoots two soldiers. Hardly a concerted terrorist attack but okay, we'll call him a terrorist. He buys a gun over the counter, forgets to take his meds, or more likely does take them as they cause as many effects as they are claimed to cure. Days before he had apparently fired bullets at a Rabbi so it wasn't exactly a surprise attack...

The loony tuon from a'dam. I won't even waste a thought on that dweeb. Its pure BS. They blamed the Israeli security company here in a'dam responsible for doing the security checks (I live in Holland) for lax procedures. Exploding underwear? Its just...funny. He only hurt hiumself.

New York City Times Square. I can't imagine the bomb squad would try and disarm an already ignited bomb. Standard procedure would be to clear the area and explode it off using another smaller explosive or examine it with a remote controlled robot. Attempting to "defuse" it would not be heroic but folly, especially if you have no idea what kind of bomb it is. If they can cap a gushing oil well 5 kilometres under the sea I'm sure they could invent a way to safely cover the car. I am not an expert though and could well be wrong.

Jacksonville. A pipe bomb goes off while muslims are praying. Again I call set-up. Bomb...muslims, connection made in the minds of most people with lives to busy to really examine the facts, or care. At best, a homeland terrorist.

Oct. 29 They found 2 "bombs" on separate planes due to Saudi intelligence. Again it sounds kinda fishy to my ears at least.

Spokane, Washington. Pipe bomb discovered at Martin Luther King Jr monument memorial march. It is described as a "viable device". Ah lets play with words...

I think the short answer is basically "No" with a few small 'speedbumps' added for good measure.

BTW and to be completely clear, I am not anti American or anti "anyone" but I do like to view things critically and I do not like to take anyone's word, be it a gov official, police or secret service agents or miles and miles of classified information. I do not seek to demean the people who died or were injured in these incidents either.

To give another example, the single most damning piece of evidence involved in the conviction of the so-called Pan-Am Libyan bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was some kinda detonation/clock device found miles and miles away from all the other debris, but that was buried in "Classified for National Security reasons". That was then used as the basis to paint Libya as some kind of evil Arab state, impose sanctions, etc, etc. Again I call BS. They even now have it on wikipedia which is hardly the world source of truth on many things but here ya go:

Several legal experts as well as the UN observer at the Lockerbie trial have vehemently challenged the verdict that convicted Megrahi,[3] while Ulrich Lumpert, the Mebo AG engineer who testified to the validity of a key piece of evidence, admitted in an affidavit to lying in court and stealing the object from his employer after the attack whereupon it was planted.

My opinions are just that though, opinions, but they are based on more than just reading the paper or watching the news. Neither of which I do as I don't buy newspapers or possess a TV. I look for the news behind the news. Its often there...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

reply to post by Aeons

I'm sorry, but I fail to understand your post.Please elaborate.

How can people joke about horrible things?

How are people NOT joke about horrible things.

I've laughed about terrible things plenty of times. Just like the paramedic who cracks horrible jokes after scraping splattered person out of their car.

I find nothing inappropriate about his laugh. It is a laugh of...helpless frustration. I get that.

And he's frustrated because were not afraid of terrorist or is it the cynical laugh of someone who takes delight in others misfortunes?

So he deals with human suffering in such frequency that he can find "paramedic humor" in it?

Then I suggest you never make friends with people in occupations that require they regularly deal with humanity's worst behaviours. Their sense of humour will curly your dainty eyebrows.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

No problem Light Speed
Of all of those attacks only 1 claims to have been directed by Al Qaeda (post 9/11 of course).
Several of those attacks were carried out by Americans.
So it's my assumption that America is one of the safest places in the world regarding terrorism.
So why should we be afraid?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There's nothing dainty about me,,,however it was a nice deflection, as you never answered my questions.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

There's nothing dainty about me,,,however it was a nice deflection, as you never answered my questions.

I absolutely have, you just can't wrap your head around it so reject it. Data inconsistent with expect results, abort.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Most people die from cars.
lets have a war on car.
blow up all the cars!
cars are weapons of mas destruction.
but No one would do any think about cars.

They make to much money from them.

so what if some people die.
how many die each day any way?
that is my point.
if they did the same for cars as they do for terrorism.
you would have to co to college for a year before you could drive a car.
they even give Guns out to any ideot !
and because some people die from terro.
we all have to live in prison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

Thanks for the heads up but hardly a smoking gun here.

FOIA or not, they will NEVER give up the real story willingly.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That whole Bush regime should be doing hard time behind bars. If the truth ever comes out they should be tried for treason against the American people and put to death.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

ME

And he's frustrated because were not afraid of terrorist or is it the cynical laugh of someone who takes delight in others misfortunes? So he deals with human suffering in such frequency that he can find "paramedic humor" in it?

YOU

Then I suggest you never make friends with people in occupations that require they regularly deal with humanity's worst behaviours. Their sense of humour will curly your dainty eyebrows.

How were the questions answered?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Attack this you Neo-Con Hawk!!

You are a murdering S.O.B!

You and Bush and Cheney and ......

How can anybody wish for this unless they have experienced such happenings from the inside? Remember the pics of Rumsfeld clearing the lawns of the Pentagon during the 9/11 attacks?

Apparentley he left a meeting with the top brass of the military explaining that they needed extra funds to fight the threat of Terrorism.

The man is scum, dirty, a Neo-Con Hawk.

The knowns and unknowns, the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns. What???
edit on 31/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
And that video and the way people have taken it. Is what make conspiracy theorists look like nut jobs.

He didn't say we need another attack. He was simply implying that Americans are now very laid back when it comes to a terrorist threat. That we as Americans don't take the terrorists seriously anymore. We have let our guard down since then. And the only way people will see it as a real threat is another Terrorist attack to remind this country that the threat is real. Nothing more than that.

He's not admitting that 911 is an inside job, nor is he stating that we need another one. There's nothing in this video that points to what the op or the person that came up with the film that shows admission of guilt or that we need another attack for a political agenda.

Welcome to the no spin zone!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Screw that old fart. He wants another attack to happen to us just so we can live in terror the same as around 911....the same time that they passed all of these tyrannical laws and shredded our constitution? They just want to finish what they started. The difference is....that we now know who was behind everything. lot's of time to go through the haystack to find those needles. Too late Rummy.....we already know who did what and you'll have to answer to GOD for what you did. I know rumsfeld won't read this, back off.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
And that video and the way people have taken it. Is what make conspiracy theorists look like nut jobs.

He didn't say we need another attack. He was simply implying that Americans are now very laid back when it comes to a terrorist threat. That we as Americans don't take the terrorists seriously anymore. We have let our guard down since then. And the only way people will see it as a real threat is another Terrorist attack to remind this country that the threat is real. Nothing more than that.

He's not admitting that 911 is an inside job, nor is he stating that we need another one. There's nothing in this video that points to what the op or the person that came up with the film that shows admission of guilt or that we need another attack for a political agenda.

Welcome to the no spin zone!!!

an earlier poster noted that most americans have no clue what the government actually does--but you hit the nail on the head here. a part of the job of the president is to find a way to marry public interest/support and serious threats the country faces every day. the rhetorical tactics taken by the last few administrations haven't really done a great job of bolstering the support needed to 'resolve' problems that arise.

bush lucked out with 9/11, as a large percentage of the populous was scared and looking for paternal leadership. he was there to provide just that--and only began to have problems continuing his agenda once support began to wain. funny, but for most issues the political discourse has very little to do with the phenomena itself....(case in point global warming...)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
Screw that old fart. He wants another attack to happen to us just so we can live in terror the same as around 911....the same time that they passed all of these tyrannical laws and shredded our constitution? They just want to finish what they started. The difference is....that we now know who was behind everything. lot's of time to go through the haystack to find those needles. Too late Rummy.....we already know who did what and you'll have to answer to GOD for what you did. I know rumsfeld won't read this, back off.

boy with a post like that you'd think we were already living under a government with complete tyrannical control over her citizenry, and while things are bad, i promise, they're not that bad...yet.

he didn't say he wanted another attack to happen, remember this is drawn from a political strategy meeting. he instead asserted that about the only event that could raise the political support needed to continue the neo-con ideology would be another public reminder of the 'reality' of the situation. this is hardly new--you didn't grow up hearing the adage that someone would have to get killed before they changed the law? it's been true of a lot of things in this country--seat-belts and amber alerts for instance.

do you really know who was behind everything? please, enlighten us all--because for some time it's been blatantly apparent that there are a few strings above the executive branches' head--and radical factionism within the government itself. news like that should be disseminated.

as for 'shredding the constitution' it's still there--i promise. the nation's been perpetually at war for thirty years, and we've done so without in acting a command economy. (that's fairly miraculous...) as for the curtailment of civil liberties, change is only a few short months away....but that starts with voting for real candidates.

it's not that i disagree with you per se, just that putting the man on blast, feeding him more attention, and lamenting what already happened doesn't fix anything.
edit on 31-8-2011 by notionfreely because: clarity.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Woo Hoo. Now you're spinning what *I* say. Gosh, I feel special. Me, Rumsfeld all in one thread. Thanks.

Give it up. I'm not the only one here who doesn't hear the manical finger drumming of an evil-doer explaining his plans for lazers mounted on shark heads.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
1. People have a low threat perception.
2. Rumsfeld believes it needs a "correction". (meaning it is wrong and desires to change it)
3. He also believes the correction would be another attack.

How is that not desiring it/planning it?

At best he is desiring it and at worst he was planning it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I don't see how you can NOT comprehend this.....
You mean you have never laughed at the irony of a situation, even if the situations includes rather unfortunate elements?
You have never laughed as a way to express confusion, and to release tension, faced with a paradox or frustrating impasse?

As pointed out, he most likely really believes in this threat as existing.
The irony is that from his point of view,
It is like watching lambs happily trotting off to slaughter together,
And he feels helpless to stop them.
Percieving that only the slaughterhouse, once it gets ahold of them, will get their attention.....
Of course, by that time, it will be too late.

The frustration of powerlessness often stimulates an expression of laughter in human beings. It releases tension that has no constructive action to put forth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join