It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton off to Paris to discuss Libya's future

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by OldCorp

Well said and alot what you said its the sad truth, i wonder when these drug addicts rebels come out of there trance i wonder will they look back and see the harsh sad reality on what they have done? the rebels were nothing more then pawns to the west and as always the west and america act as if they didnt know or dont have any roles but in truth they do.

I think it would be a good idea to sit back and watch just what those same rebels start exporting into the west before deciding that they are "pawns" of the west. I bet "oil" ain't the only thing we get out of this deal, and NONE of what we do get is going to be much help to the west...

Truth be told, it looks to me like the west are the pawns of the rebels, not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

My goodeness it seems to me the moment the thread started you went on the defense of the rebels it seems you are pro rebel then eh? not surpised your pretty aggressive at other users, and also your a war monger by the last post you made.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

I'm not on the side of the rebels OR the government in Libya. It's THEIR problem, "let 'em sort it out amongst themselves" is and has ever been my stance. We ain't got no dog in that fight at all.

I've been called worse than "war monger", but at least never anything as low and cowardly as "peacenik". I believe in taking care of business efficiently, and not worrying about what ain't ANY of our business to take care of. If that makes me a "war monger", then so be it. Bring my boots and helmet.

edit on 2011/8/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

One more thing
Under gaddafi libyans enjoyed

* GDP per capita - $ 14,192.
* Unemployment benefit - $ 730.
* Each family member subsidized by the state gets annually $ 1.000
* Salary for nurses - $ 1.000.
* For every newborn is paid $ 7.000.
* The bride and groom receive a $ 64 thousand to purchase flats.
* Major taxes and levies prohibited.
* To open a personal business a one-time financial assistance of $ 20.000
* Education and medicine are free.
* Educ.Internships abroad - at government expense.
* Stores for large families with symbolic prices for basic foodstuffs.
* Part of pharmacies - with free dispensing.
* Loans for buying a car and an apartment - no interest.
* Real estate services are prohibited.,
* Buying a car up to 50% paid by the State.
* No Payment for electricity for the population.
* Sales and use of alcohol is prohibited.
* Petrol is cheaper than water. 1 liter of gasoline - $ 0.14.

and that fact Libya was ranked

World Rank
Link 2

I'm not sure why I should worry about any of that, either. All those things are internal Libyan problems, none of my business. As long as they don't try to export that sort of mess here, why would I care?

all this under gaddafi, it seems to me you have an agenda on here defending either the rebels or nato for that matter at and some posts you were very aggressive on those members who are anti rebels.

Haven't been reading very closely, have you? I'm "very aggressive" against ANYONE who thinks meddling in internal Libyan problems is a good idea. I don't care which "side" they're on. The act of picking sides itself is a horrible mistake when it's not your concern to begin with.

Crime trend: Up 10% in 1999

10% crime rate hm that doesnt sound like a madman now doesnt it?
Just saying thats all.

Low crime rates are pretty standard in iron-fisted dictatorial regimes. It's a product of what the dictator allows before he lops off a head or two to get 'em back under control, combined with what is considered a "crime" locally.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

One more thing Under gaddafi libyans enjoyed

GDP per capita - $ 14,192.
* Unemployment benefit - $ 730.
* Each family member subsidized by the state gets annually $ 1.000
* Salary for nurses - $ 1.000.

While the Gadaffi's enjoyed much more.

Nice Swimming Pool

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I appreciate your point of view and it is a very reasonable and valid position to take. I am a bit more extreme in my world views where I tend to look at preventing problems or securing interests for America as more important than a nations sovereignty. I basically believie in this:

Bush Doctrine

I can agree with the first part, but not the "pre-emptive war" in the second. I don't believe in eliminating "potential problems" any more than I agree with going ahead and jailing "potential criminals". That can lead to all sorts of abuses. Just ask anyone who spent any time in a Soviet gulag.

I'd replace that with the "neno Doctrine" - if someone isn't troubling you at the moment, leave them be, and if they are troubling you, rain hell down on them instantly, with extreme prejudice, until they aren't bothering you any more, plus 10% to let 'em know that wasn't a good idea.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I'd replace that with the "neno Doctrine" - if someone isn't troubling you at the moment, leave them be, and if they are troubling you, rain hell down on them instantly, with extreme prejudice, until they aren't bothering you any more, plus 10% to let 'em know that wasn't a good idea.

Now that is my definition of what peace and war should be like.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink

OT: why is this "woman", to be polite, doing dealing with other countries resources-land-people? Is she somewhat entitled to anything there? Is she owning anything there? Is the US government for that matter?

Because once you beg someone external to interfere in your own internal problems, you no longer get to direct the interference.

They do.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Had I been President at the end of ww2 I would have listened to Patton and kept the tanks rolling right into Moscow. The whole Cold War never would have happened meaning Reagan wouldn't have run up such a huge deficit trying to outdo the Soviet Union in weaponry, Eastern Europe would have been free and alot of needless deaths would have been prevented.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Now that is my definition of what peace and war should be like.

It's the way I conduct my personal affairs, as well as the way I will conduct foreign policy as POTUS. I'm available for write-in votes!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illumintor
shes such a little slut loaf

Well maybe that's why Bill married her?

There had to be a reason...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

She may be a dragon-lady but did she play with cigars?
Think you've targeted the wrong one with that little gem...
Typical sexist insult, the gold standard fall-back remark for a dude.

edit on 31-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Sure enough, that would potentially have prevented the whole Cold War, but would have brought on it's own problems, what with us having attacked an "ally" without provocation, and the whole thing where Russians were willing to sacrifice 2 million or so of their own bodies to stop the Germans, I don't think they would have thrown any fewer at us in the wake of a "betrayal" of that nature.

It may have even prevented the Cold War by making Russian the official language of the US, if you get my drift. Once we jumped them like that, it would have been logical, and within Soviet doctrine, to say "hell, there's a real problem we'd better PREVENT from happening ever again!"

The Bering Straits are only about 50 miles wide, aren't they?

There was a little known US invasion of Russia in the 1920's, in Siberia, that didn't turn out all that well. Reversing that could have created a few real problems in the heartland, especially after the advent of nukes.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well maybe that's why Bill married her?

There had to be a reason...

I'm just wondering if he knows something I NEED to know? Nah, she has thick ankles... but I'll hire her as an intern during my administration, just in case...

edit on 2011/8/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I wish North Korea, or someone else would just do this to the US...you know kick the bully down?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I'm just wondering if he knows something I NEED to know? Nah, she has thick ankles... but I'll hire her as an intern during my administration, just in case...

I'm not going to touch that.....OR her for that matter

That's all you and Bill.... Sorry buddy, I think ole Bill even bailed out on that one and her ankles

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
I wish North Korea, or someone else would just do this to the US...you know kick the bully down?

Nah, Little Kimmie is too busy drinking Johnny Walker, getting his nails done and hair poofed while simultaneously starving his people so he could keep building nuclear missiles and ghost cities.

edit on 31-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

I wish they would try, just once. Once would be all it would take.

North Korea is already sort of on the ropes. A knockout punch wouldn't take much.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by nenothtu

I'm not going to touch that.....OR her for that matter

That's all you and Bill.... Sorry buddy, I think ole Bill even bailed out on that one and her ankles

Well, ya know, considering what she's already done to America, it wouldn't be out of place to return the favor...

It would require at least 3 paper bags, and at least two sets of leg warmers (to hide those thick ankles), but I think with enough rum under my belt, and the above mentioned requisites, I might be able to pull it off... it's for America, bro! Sacrifices must some times be made!

The Prez IS allowed to hide a couple of cases of rum in the Oval Office, isn't he? We already know he can hide cigars in there... or somewhere...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join