It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton off to Paris to discuss Libya's future

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The events in Libya this week have heartened the world. The situation remains fluid, but it is clear that the Qadhafi era is coming to an end, opening the way for a new era in Libya—one of liberty, justice, and peace.

We join the Libyan people in celebrating the courageous individuals who have stood up to a tyrant and defended their homes and communities against Qadhafi’s violence.

Read more at:

m.state.gov...

Is it just me, or can one assume that this meeting the fate of Libya will be discussed? Wonder how many bases the US will want - and from that statement, sounds like the United States will be determining who gets what.

What do you think ATS?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

not suprised about this, i will bet they are talking on how many bases they want in libya when UN Troops come in

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Gaddafi has led one rebellion, he will lead another one and throw the west out of the country again. The rebels are a minority.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
Gaddafi has led one rebellion, he will lead another one and throw the west out of the country again. The rebels are a minority.

Unless they get hold of him, then we will probably see a trial for crimes against the Libyan people and maybe even a hanging?

I wonder when the suicide bombers will start making an appearance?

Remember when Iraq was not troubled by suicide bombers or car bombs? Oh yeah Sadaam was running the place then!!!
edit on 30/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Bet hilldog doesn't even speak French.
Just another example of one country butting in and deciding with other countries how some other peoples country should be run.

we live in a lie and are lead by liars

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
No wonder hillary put on her combat boots, she must be quite annoyed.

The rebel concil promised 35% of oil contrats to France and Total.
If BP gets the same share as a thank you for the help, it doesnt leave much, and certainly not enough for our hungry allies.

China is the big loser in this, they had around 38500 people in Lybia, mainly working oil.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Why shouldn't we have bases in Libya? Makes it easier to deal with conflicts in the region and last time I checked Libya wasn't a superpower.

America is.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

What's the use if RON is gonna close them ?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Why shouldn't we have bases in Libya? Makes it easier to deal with conflicts in the region and last time I checked Libya wasn't a superpower.

America is.

So it would be okay for China to do the same thing?

I await the day when they do and see how many speak out about their interference.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Of course it would be ok. Remember when the Soviet Union had bases everywhere also? Military bases would be good economically for Libya anyways so I don't see what the issue is with this. We have bases all around the world in many different country's and nothing has happened to those nations autonomy.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
hmmmm good.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When Hillary Clinton is influential in your country's future, you know you're screwed...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Every time you post it makes me think you a paid shill. I mean you show up a couple months ago and already 4000+ posts none of which have any sort of real content. Always just the right comment to stir the pot, almost always pro establishment.

Anyways, a couple questions...

How are the conflicts in that area of the world any concern of the USA?

What does being a super power have to do with it?

That is all.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
I wonder when the suicide bombers will start making an appearance?

Remember when Iraq was not troubled by suicide bombers or car bombs? Oh yeah Sadaam was running the place then!!!

Do you really think Iran and Saudi Arabia will start supporting and supplying apposing sides in another Sectarian feud between Shiites and Sunni like they have been doing in Iraq for the past 6 or 7 years?

That would be tragic...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

Hmmm a conflict in the part of the world where a large majority of the oil comes from which America desperatly depends on doesn't concern us?

Are you really that naive?

And the fact that America is a superpower means that they have the resources to have a global influence and you should also not assume that just because someone has a different point of view on issues that they are a paid shill.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here is a question that all ats members should be asking themselves. Why is hillary clinton to discuss anything about libya's future? Shoulden't they, THEY, be discussing their own future. What does this have to do with hillary or paris for that matter?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So that maybe they don't let another Ghaddafi type of person take control like they did before and make us have to come over there again.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
So that maybe they don't let another Ghaddafi type of person take control like they did before and make us have to come over there again.

Just a thought.

why do we have to go over there in the first place, let the peoples their get what they get. we got what we got , does that mean that another country should come over to the usa because they don't like us. NO. The only reason we are there is because of oil. oil is THE ALLMIGHTY, to the elite. They are running the show, not usa,china or anyone else. THEY ARE.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Perhaps the Libyan people should be the ones to determine what goes on in their own country - good or bad. The arrogance of the US government to believe they have the right to determine who does what in their own country....god forbid anything happens in the states and you have chaos - wonder how they would like foreign troops on the ground - "for their well being"

Ron Paul has it right with the US foreign policy - let other countries determine their own fate, the US has no business doing so (and if they had done so, perhaps the US wouldn't have so many enemies these days)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

By the way, you should of made a more powerful statement by saying something like this. Why cannot people police their own, why do they need to come over here and cause trouble. When in the end all we will do over there is police the people for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join