It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Kids Update [Warning Creepy Kid Pics]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been done but, Why are kids so creepy. Kids in horror movies always = creepiness. I have heard it mention how sometimes baby�s can look really evil and i have seen creepy kids, but i cant figure out why.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by kode]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its not the children but the body language that they use to trigger a sense of threat within your mind added to the content this will cause the fear.I`ve seen perfectly normal looking people scare the crap out of others by using the right moves so to speak

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
i have seen creepy kids, but i cant figure out why.

Maybe you can find an answer here!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
weirdo, sounds good could you elaborate?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

weirdo, sounds good could you elaborate?

Not really I`m kinda crap at explain in writting but you just need to learn to look a certain way.The movies use it all the time.kinda expression that causes the other person to realise that you are a threat and you look with confidance and strength.When l was a kid used to play a game of staring people down.Comes from the eyes mostly.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks GradyPhilpott but i would rather engage in a little conversation here with people who would like to share their knowledge. The google search didn�t really produce much other then some Halloween stores a grunge band and a film review of Godsend.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by kode]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As for the creepy kids in films, I think most of it is due to Hollywood - they see what scare people and gives it to them in spades.

Back in 1922 the first 'true' horror film came out - a pirate version of 'Dracula' called 'Nosferatu'. This was followed by Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff who gave the people of the time the shivers. Soon enough people became desensitised to this kind of 'horror', and the time of 'Hammer horror', Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing & Vincent Price was upon us.

By the 70's we were no longer shivering over Dracula and his brides, so enter
Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the 'Cannibal' films.

Soon enough people had had their fill, so in comes Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger.

And now its 'Creepy kids'.

Just think about it - We are no longer concerned by seeing a full grown man growling and waving a machine gun around ... but this image eats into the soul.

It's just wrong and unnatural to see something like this. Kids are supposed to be innocent not evil looking creatures waving weapons around.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well, I think kids naturally creep certain people out. Well, maybe not creep them out, but make them feel uneasy because they don't know how to act around them or something like that.

Little kids singing are another thing that creep me out, especially if it's a high-pitched Wizard of Oz Munchkin sound.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well little kids are associated with innocence. They are little angels that we wish we could return to being. They bring joy and happiness. Now the real scary part is that evil could corrupt even the most innocent minds. When that naivete is gone, we feel uncomfortable, even scared.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

[edit on 21-8-2004 by kode]

You know, I kind of was thinking this was a silly topic (but then again I'm a mom and that probably changes perspectives) until I scrolled down to this post.

I think I wet myself!

That's the creepiest damned thing I've ever seen. Put a warning on that or something!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Seriously.. Things like that usually don't scare me at all but I can't get that thing out of my head.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
That's the creepiest damned thing I've ever seen. Put a warning on that or something!

I have to agree! I just got back from seeing that new exorcist movie and I was already on edge. So I'm reading through ATS trying to relax and then I scroll this thread and... see that picture. FREAKED ME THE HELL OUT!!!

But ya like others have mentioned kids are considered to be innocent and carefree. So when we see a kid displaying body language or an understanding of things that one usually only finds in adults it creeps us out. At some level we assume that the childs wierd behaviour must be caused by some external source...
Such as demon possession.... DAMN YOU EXORCIST! I knew I shouldn't have seen that movie! It's going to be a long night...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
When facial expressions don't look "right" the result is way creepy. If you're expecting a hearty smile, and you're met with a flat emotionless face, its creepy. When kids in horror movies should look scared, they don't, and thats creepy. Faces say so much to other people without us even noticing.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the "creepiness " comes from the sense of malevolence coming from something thats normally accepted as being small, and relativly helpless..

I mean look at the Omen, or Village of the Damed..there were a whole slew of creepy Kid movies in the 70's

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
It's just wrong and unnatural to see something like this. Kids are supposed to be innocent not evil looking creatures waving weapons around.

That�s rich. No offence but your avatar is a creepy distortion of a babies face. BTW i don�t think that�s a weapon in the photo its part of a high chair.

Originally posted by Valhall
Put a warning on that or something!

Done. Although i don�t suppose this thread will be around for long. Thinking about the younger members on ats i would suspect most kids these days have seen worse than this through other media outlets.

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
I think the "creepiness " comes from the sense of malevolence coming from something thats normally accepted as being small, and relativly helpless..

Yeah, that sounds about right what with the odd and serious looks kids can give i guess this would account for the creeps some adults get.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Some kids are just inherently evil, and you can see it in their eyes.

Babies freak me out regardless
I never want one inside me, ever. I can handle kids aged 2+, but any younger and you might as well shoot me.

No offense to any mothers here..

-Becs

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Imho the reason why children look extra treatening when in an "evil" looking pose is because of the stronger contrast between our general picture of children and babies and the picture it gives in our mind when they are evil looking in horror movies.

We are so acostomed to seeing children as sweet lil boogers that can't do any more harm then drool or barf on you. And then in movies they are displayed with caracteristics even the nastyest serial killer doesn't display.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Useing kids in horror movies and pics creeps us out because it's an "abomination". Takeing something innocent and cute and twisting it makes us uncomfortable.
Its the same when they use dolls (chuckie), puppets (puppetmaster), or domestic pets (cujo, pet cemetery). All things that are usually cute 'n cuddly.
I think the creepiest kid I ever saw in a movie was the little boy in "Pet Cemetery".
But I don't think I've ever met a kid in real life who really creeps me out...yet.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That evil looking baby is wearing makeup! lmao!

Chuckie's twin brother?
This gives you guys the creeps?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGloom
Little kids singing are another thing that creep me out

Me to. I find children singing to be haunting.

Originally posted by Becs
Some kids are just inherently evil, and you can see it in their eyes.

Originally posted by thematrix
contrast between our general picture of children

Its definatly in the look. We�re just not expecting it.

Originally posted by elaine
chuckie

I was thinking of chucky. Like your avatar it�s bizarre

Originally posted by dgtempe
This gives you guys the creeps?

Yep. Well gives me the heebee jeebee's

I think the evil baby pic is a total photoshop.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join