It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange spinning feeling.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I am probably about to sound dumb, but I figured I would tell you all about a strange occurrence I just had in case other people have experienced something similar and/or know what it may mean.

So, I was napping (yes, in the middle of the day) and I was kind of in the half awake/half asleep state right before getting up from my nap. (I could feel the air from my fan blowing on me, and I was aware that I was lying down, so I was definitely almost awake.) I started to get a funny feeling, like my bed and I were spinning. I wasn't moving, but my bed, or my house, whichever, was moving underneath me as I stayed still. I can hardly describe it, except for when I first started feeling it I thought it felt a bit like one of those gravity machines at the state fairs, except for usually I get dizzy on those pretty fast and I wasn't even the slightest bit dizzy. at first, I sort of liked the feeling, so even though I was somewhat aware of what was happening, I didn't stop it. (I like sleeping in cars and the like, so the feeling of motion is somewhat relaxing.) Then it started speeding up, and I started having the strangest panicky thoughts that maybe I was in a tractor beam or something - think, a flying saucer beaming up a cow. It got faster and faster until I came into awareness enough to decide to open my eyes, which had been closed during this entire thing. However, for maybe three or four seconds after I made that decision, I could not open my eyes. It was like I was trapped, my house/bed/whatever was spinning faster and faster, and I couldn't escape it. I'll even say, as weird as this sounds, that I could hear the spinning - I could hear the whooshing sounds of movement in my ears, and I think that when it started making this 'noise' was when I realized I needed to escape whatever was happening.

But then I opened my eyes, of course, and I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel dizzy and my ears weren't ringing or anything. This strange spinning probably the remnants of a dream, but it was unlike any feeling in a dream I've ever had. So I wanted to ask if anyone else has ever had a spinning experience like that, and/or what you think it could have been. My first contact with aliens/spirit world? I need meds? Haha. thanks guys.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've been getting this!!!!
I have no idea what it is but it is pretty damn scary!
Hope someone can shed some light on it....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Yeah, it was scary, like I felt if I didn't open my eyes in that moment then I would be lost forever or something, but I don't know to what! Thanks for letting me know that you are feeling it too though, that makes me feel more sane haha to know I am not just imagining it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You have described it so perfectly. Especially the part about feeling you will be lost forever if you don't open your eyes...but at the same time it's so hard to open them??? Very strange, never had it before either, only during the last month or so.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Twice in my life something similar has happened, normally in that twighlight between awake and asleep,lets say extremely comfortable and relaxed, the only difference being is i actually felt dizzy and sick aswell when i eventually opened my eyes, not a very pleasent experience if im honest and have no desire really to go through it again. Ive no idea what it is but i didnt enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Hey I don't have time to find literature to back up my opinion, but back when I was reading up on out of body experiences I remember coming across that one of the effects prior to leaving ones body was a spinning sensation. or perhaps it could be that spinning out of your body was one of the techniques to aid in leaving your body. the feeling of being trapped, borderline paralysis, are also sensations associated with pre-OBE.

again...just a clump of info I'm upchucking onto the page.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by doyouremember

Hey I don't have time to find literature to back up my opinion, but back when I was reading up on out of body experiences I remember coming across that one of the effects prior to leaving ones body was a spinning sensation. or perhaps it could be that spinning out of your body was one of the techniques to aid in leaving your body. the feeling of being trapped, borderline paralysis, are also sensations associated with pre-OBE.

That is interesting stuff, I am going to look into it. Thanks for telling me that! I feel much better that I fought it off this time, but I wonder if in the future, if it happened again, should I let myself go into it? Do you (or anyone else) think that that is dangerous? Would I separate permanently from my body or something haha?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ive had sleep paralysis in the past and after this, I did wonder if it was to do with OBE's.
If you want to astral project then let yourself go into it....somehow....your braver than me if you do!!!
As curious as I am! ha

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Maybe since you was in a relaxed state of mind, your brain waves could have been tuned into some nearby frequency. We have a central nervous system that emits and uses electromagnetic waves. Brainwave radiation can be in the range of 0 Hz and 100 Hz and can be picked up in a shielded room. The frequencies around your house operate in this range, thus could give you some form of psychological effect.

Or maybe you have found a way to sense your environment much like many marine life forms who use electromagnetic waves for sensing...

edit on 30-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes

I had a neighbor that lives next door to me. He used to blast my house with bass every night. From 5PM to 9,10,11 PM every night. After about six months my hair started falling out, I had patches of hair on my head. I used to lay on my living room floor with my iPod and try to get some peace. Some times, like what you said, the house felt like it was spinning. I would open my eyes and feel awkward for about 30 seconds. Finally, I went to the doctors (I have not been to the doctors in over 10 years) (34 Yrs old) he gave me a stress test and I failed. My stress test card my mom gave me, showed black. The doctor put me on a pill; that acted like a sleeping and prozac combined, for one year.

Anxiety/Stress can lead to weird things.

You know your life situation better than anybody. Evaluate. Do something. It only gets worse

Thank you for the Post. I'am glad to here somebody else that experinced this and talked about it.

...I did tell my doctor about the spinning, he did not have an answer -- just a pill

Thx.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Creeper

Hi C,

Thanks for sharing your story with me!

I will say right now that I am not overly stressed, in fact, I am more unstressed - it is summer vacation for me and I have been doing nothing really. So I don't know if it is exactly like your experience, but the mind can definitely do some strange things!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I've felt this randomly on and off for years now, iono what it is, but I kinda like it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doyouremember
or perhaps it could be that spinning out of your body was one of the techniques to aid in leaving your body.

That is it. You spin to throw your mind off the situation because as you analyse it the more you are aware of it, your brain starts to kick up a notch and it wakes you up - more often when you're new than more experienced. Spinning helps to take you back to a sleep state for a moment, enough to calm your mind and you can hopefully continue in the lucid state longer as you don't leave the semi-rem state you're in. Waking up severs that and it's hard to get back in unless you're extremely sleep deprived.

At least this was from a book I read written just before the 1900's on it (the spinning references). God knows where that book is now, haven't seen it in over 20 years, and it was falling apart then too.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I had this same thing happen to me a long time ago when I was about 17 years old..around 1979, except that with me, there were a few differences..

I awoke, or so I thought I was awake, and that spinning was happening, and it got faster and faster.. I flexed me hands into the strongest claw grip I could do and grabbed as much of the bedcovers as I could and then stay rigid and still to see what would happen, if I would get thrown off the bed..

when I thought of this, I knew it had to be impossible and i was thinking there was no way it could be happening, but then I was finally thrown off the bed fairly hard and hit the wall.. I then got up and told whatever did that, that it didn't scare me, and could they try it again, but nothing further ever happened again..

To this day the memory of it is crystal clear, but I have no logical way to explain it, except that it had to be paranormal in some way..

It is interesting to hear that other people have experienced similar things..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Maybe your sick or something?

new topics

top topics

join