It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's something to cheer you up,Losing hope in humanity?watch this!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by BruceEFury

I get the message loud and clear. Now if you want something a little more organic then check this video out, something from nothing, no advertising execs cooking up the idea to appeal to your emotions.

edit on 30-8-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

That song is awsome lol! I wish I was there right now

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I get the message loud and clear. Now if you want something a little more organic then check this video out, something from nothing, no advertising execs cooking up the idea to appeal to your emotions.

That song is awsome lol! I wish I was there right now

Yeah I liked this clip as it was not contrived and was a natural spur of the moment get up and dance share the love thing...;-) At least woodwardjnr is making a contribution towards the alternative.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Now, this is a fully inhibited display of human freedom and good vibes!!!

Real Life Flash Party > Rehearsed Flash Mob Advertising

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Actually, this is the new pat down technique. They get everyone all emotional, then the TSA agents go around and give everyone a big hug. Starting at the shoulders and working their way down.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This shows that people aren't all doom and gloom. Obviously, it was set up(hence the microphones and people singing in sync), but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

Or should I say, "T-mobile is trying to get us! People can't be happy; can't enjoy singing"?

Thanks OP! At least I know someone else out there isn't giving up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
LOL @ OP

dont ever take a class in advertising, your faith in humanity will be shattered.

what i think people like you fail to realize is how much work goes into every second you see in that video.. nothing is as it seems. the director probably went through at least 20 takes of each tiny split-second clip, agonizing over every frame, until every single actor had the most perfect casual looking smile on their face. hour after hour of him screaming "RELAX! DAMNIT LOOK RELAXED!!"

its not about having fun, sure thats what they hope its about in the beginning.

but really its about a paycheck.. you cant live on happiness.. if you could then heroin addicts would be living in mansions.
edit on 31-8-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I agree with the previous poster that used the term "patronising," its a struggle for me to watch a complete advertisement, any advertisement let alone one that tries so hard to not be fake.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I wish my welcome home on the airplane was so nice...

Oh and I'm sure what they were doing is considered illegal by the TSA and the government too...good luck recreating it...you'd be shot dead the second you brought the flower past the security checkpoint

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If you watched this beautiful video and disliked it then you will dislike just about anything. Why don't people see and feel with their whole being? They go to their minds to make it a bad thing. It's as though some people have a filter up that says nothing can be good. I pity those people, there can be no joy in their lives.

Thank you for posting the clip.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude, but if you think a T-Mobile advert is evidence of how humanity has evolved as a whole then.....you need to get out more.

I appreciate your sentiment though. However the advert just doesn't do it for me.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm amazed at all the negative reactions to this video. Ok, it was not an ordinary flashmob (in that this IS a commercial) but I've seen several commercials that make me laugh or smile. Just about all the Geico ads with animals make me laugh and even Budweiser in their hey day had entertaining commercials. If a movie or TV show can cause certain emotions...even though we know it's all acting, then why can't a commercial? OP, I enjoyed this clip and it did indeed put a smile on my face.

Incidentally, if you enjoy acapella singing, especially with the people making sounds that really sound like instruments, I highly recommend the group Straight no Chaser. They are amazing and you would swear they were playing instruments. Their Christmas music is excellant!

Here's their web site: www.sncmusic.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It is funny. And the dancing video is awesome too. The airport one doesn't really give hope in humanity but I think it's a funny idea and a good idea for an advertisement (if they can at least make people laugh then they get a free pass from me). There are a lot worse advertisements. If you want to lose hope in humanity then watch a pharmaceutical advertisement. Doesn't this advertisement intend to position the T-Mobile brand as more of a casual phone, as opposed to some super uber blackberry business phone? I don't know what their actual position is (my knowledge on cell phones is about as limited as my knowledge on television and cars) but the subtleties in advertising aren't always as simple as "you can be cool like us." Of course all the products are very similar now but it would make sense for T- Mobile to position themselves as the more social side, not all about business/commercial services and style. But yes, it does hurt the soul to ponder over the intricacies of advertising, lol.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Novise because: thought i made a mistake but I was wrong

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It's painful to see something that is supposed to be spontaneous and beautiful get co-opted and deformed, but I guess it's inevitable these days...everything has to be monetized.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gizawski
This shows that people aren't all doom and gloom. Obviously, it was set up(hence the microphones and people singing in sync), but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

Or should I say, "T-mobile is trying to get us! People can't be happy; can't enjoy singing"?

You hit the bulls eye. Thanks for sharing my view.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury

Originally posted by Gizawski

You hit the bulls eye. Thanks for sharing my view.

I'm amazed at all the negative reactions to this video. Ok, it was not an ordinary flashmob (in that this IS a commercial) but I've seen several commercials that make me laugh or smile. Just about all the Geico ads with animals make me laugh and even Budweiser in their hey day had entertaining commercials. If a movie or TV show can cause certain emotions...even though we know it's all acting, then why can't a commercial? OP, I enjoyed this clip and it did indeed put a smile on my face.

Thank you so much, This is the hope that i talk about. Happiness.
We all need it once and awhile, sometimes people get to caught up in all the conspiracy
turning everything they see into another conspiracy, thus creating a negative "im against it" outlook.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join