It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Volcanic Idea to Reverse Climate Change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

huh?

my post is all about how much man-made SO2 is already put into the atmosphere every year.

This thread is not about man made global pollution. That much should be obvious. We are discussing the scenario presented in the OP not my "little understanding", according to you, of global pollution.
edit on 30-8-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

so you are saying that spraying startospheric sulphate aerosols would not be man made pollution??

Seems like it's a clear case of it to me - and putting it in context of all the rest of the SO2 emitted by mankind seems perfectly relevant.

Sorry you disagree - but that's the nature of public threads

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Seeing all the comments about "natural" reminded me of a book called Xenogenesis and the aliens in that book manufactured all of their clothing, building supplies, houses, ships, everything, out of organic material. They coded the plant material though to genetically respond to them.

Maybe a similar thing could work here?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
Seeing all the comments about "natural" reminded me of a book called Xenogenesis and the aliens in that book manufactured all of their clothing, building supplies, houses, ships, everything, out of organic material. They coded the plant material though to genetically respond to them.

Maybe a similar thing could work here?

Great book series Xenogenesis or now known as Lilith's Brood. I don't think we are anywhere near being able to manipulate genetics to that degree. The Oankali were natural genetic engineers unlike us. It would be nice though if we could fix our planet with that degree of advanced genetic science.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
It would be nice though if we could fix our planet with that degree of advanced genetic science.

Wait, so you are okay with genetic engineering the planet, but not geoengineering?

I think it would be "nice" if we could fix the planet with geoengineering. But it's a very risky endeavor.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
It would be nice though if we could fix our planet with that degree of advanced genetic science.

Wait, so you are okay with genetic engineering the planet, but not geoengineering?

I think it would be "nice" if we could fix the planet with geoengineering. But it's a very risky endeavor.

There is a difference in growing a space ship out of renewable genetic material vs building one from exhaustible mineral resources. If you haven't read that sci-fi series its hard to comment on it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join