It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gardener's Eye Impaled By Pruning Shears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Gardener

news.sky.com

Leroy Luetscher, from Tucson, Arizona, dropped his shears while working in the garden.

They landed blade side down in the ground but, when Mr Luetscher went to pick them up, he lost his balance and fell face down on the handle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-8-2011 by creatureme because: fixheadliner

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just found this, thought it was a pretty amazing story! Final destination accident with a happy ending.
Imagine to experience this yourself! Chills went down my spine as I saw the x-ray photo. The body sure can handle some pretty weird impacts..

I am most def going to be real careful next time I do gardening work!

Enjoy!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The description of how it happened sound almost like the "I slipped and fell backwards on the handle of the toilet brush" excuses people have when they have something stuck up their rectum and have to go into hospital.

2nd in case one is needed

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I guess he didn't see it

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I guess he didn't see it

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Saw it this morning and thought, "What a cool story to tell about the nasty scar on your face". But seriously, glad the old guy is ok, wow, how bout that!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I landscape on the weekends as a secondary job and I mainly weed whack/eat. I always wear my goggles and a few guys that work with me always call me rec specs or some other juvenile name from the 90's. A few weeks ago while talking political during lunch someone stopped me mid sentence and said "Dude I cant take you seriously with those glasses on, we're eating take them off for a minute". I laughed obliged and said "I'm just so used to them you should wear some too." "F those stupid things like I'm afraid of a little twig or rock." No more than a half hour later I see a few people rushing off behind a house here we were working. Turns out Johnny naysayer took a rock to the eye and had to go to the hospital. He was fine (had to use eye drops, and a patch I think) but sure as as the sun, the next time I saw him, Johnny and 4 guys of the five remaining crew had some type of goggles on.

Anyways I'm glad that the man in the story is okay. Even more so that he didn't lose an eye. That would be a horrible thing to happen to anyone especially to an older citizen whos gardening is very important to him in several aspects.

Just remember safety first my friends.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 30/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: Very bad sentence structure.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Looking at those x-rays I had a Spinal Tap flashback. "He died in a bizarre gardening accident... "

Bizarre. You go out to prune your flowers and end up in the hospital, enduring a complicated procedure to save your eye. I'd think that's the definition of "a bad day".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Does anyone else get a stabbing eye pain just reading this?

A friend of mine was putting on her glasses and poked herself with the arm piece that goes over her ear. It is all red and gross and even that turns my stomach and hurts my own eyeball just to look at her. It is not quite empathy, it is imagining that happening to me. I can't stop imagining it. What is wrong with me?

Back to the poor victim in this case...damn. Hope he is alright.

new topics

top topics

join