It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk about a decent game for once

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So come on, after threads about Modern Warfare 3, Deus Ex's new game, Skyrim and others, I figured it's about time I saw a post about games I actually enjoy and am excited about purchasing.

Didn't see one so gonna make one myself.

Anyone else getting Saints Row The Third? How about Batman: Arkham City?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No, I will be getting MW3 though...Probably get the Call of Duty: Elite subscription service as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i still haven't played the first two saints row games....are they good?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
So come on, after threads about Modern Warfare 3, Deus Ex's new game, Skyrim and others, I figured it's about time I saw a post about games I actually enjoy and am excited about purchasing.

Didn't see one so gonna make one myself.

You know, everyone is so preoccupied with all the new games. There are plenty of old games that are alot of fun you can pick up for like 9 dollars at Game Stop. I just got Kameo and loved it lol. I am going to try Bayonetta next. I have heard good things about it. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are awsome too.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Have you tried BioShock 1 or 2?
How about Dead Space 1 or 2?
I like the horror genre. . .

Take a look here ATS Link

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

What's the deal with that elite service???

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Tried Bioshock 1, didn't like it so I skipped the second and haven't had chance to play Dead Space 1 or 2 yet but I'm working on it.

MW3? Really? There are threads devoted to that game which I avoid (never liked any COD game but the last 5 games have been horribly overrated and crappy) so unfortunately I can't answer anything about that subscription.

The new Assassin's Creed looks awesome though, can't wait for that.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by Josonic

What's the deal with that elite service???

It's a service that records nonsense statistics... In all games like Halo etc it's free to be used.

Activision being the greedy sobs in the gaming industry on the other hand are charging the kids and dumbies for it. I pity those who invest in that service let alone that poor excuse of a game lol...

Now to the topic at hand. Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite and maybe Battlefield 3 are on my list for this christmas.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
How about rage? or starhawk if you have a ps3? ace combat assault horizon????

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Battlefield 3..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

You start a thread about decent games and this is what you come up with?

Well im waiting for Thief 4 and Hawken, mmmm Hawken so delicious.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Is Thief 4 going to consoles?
I only ever played "Thief: Deadly Shadows" and I loved it, I was also platrying to play Deus Ex: Invisible war at the same time. Thief was the better one.

This New Deus Ex game (after readng reviews) doesn't interest me too much (such limited abilities), seems to me i'll enjoy Bioshock 3 alot more.

I want Arkham City and AC Revelations and want to know more about Hitman Absolution, seems like the've changed it for the casual audience, it could go so wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by FEDec

I want Arkham City and AC Revelations and want to know more about Hitman Absolution, seems like the've changed it for the casual audience, it could go so wrong.

Well Thief: Deadly Shadows is a much more casual game than the first two. So I don't think that definitively makes it a worse game. In fact all of your Hitmans and your Splinter Cells are all much more casual than the first two Thief games. So basically don't discount the new Hitman for that.

A lot of what I suspect are johnny come lately Thief fans hated DS. If you play the first two games you'll know that DS dovetails perfectly with the story. It is probably one of the most faithful sequel to a game not made by the original team as I've ever seen. At least canon-wise. My only problem with it was that I wanted more and wished you could explore the city more and use the "Thieves Highway".

To the haters I say it's not 1999 anymore they didn't screw up the story, get over it. Thief 4 looks like it is actually getting a lot more attention and funding so I am very interested to find out what it will be like.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Pong

Everything else pales in comparison.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Bayonetta? Ugghhh.
I can't stand those linear button mashers.

They're all the same, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, so on and so on.

I often (nowadays) get pre owned games, generally the ones I was in 2 minds about on release.
I just recently (months ago) bought Ghostbusters and that is an awesome game, I recommend it to any fan.

I absolutly cannot wait for the new Zelda game, but I think a new console is required.
Anyone going for the "Wii U"?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

MW2 was one of the greatest multiplayer games I ever played and Black Ops, though failing in the MP department has an awesome campaign, the best of any COD game.

MW3 should have the best of both worlds. Atleast rent it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by billy197300

Bayonetta? Ugghhh.
I can't stand those linear button mashers.

What the hell is with people these days? Can't you find an original GD thought in your GD head? All you hear anyone say is "tat gayme suks its too linear" "no I dun liek casual gaymes lawl". God forbid anyone have an actual reason for disliking a game noooo its much easier just to copy someone else's sentiments from the internet.

For that matter how is COD which you seem to love non-linear? Hint: it is very linear. Because that is what a story is it is the line from beginning to end. Oh yeah COD doesn't have a story worth mentioning so that means we are talking about multiplayer. So that means instead of linear your game experience is cyclic which is just soo much better right? Yeah playing the same maps over and over is a much more rewarding gaming experience than seeing a storyline come to fruition. Totally

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Loved the first 2 saints row games... and Arkham Asylum was absolutely amazing, one of the only games that stopped me playing COD for any serious length of time.... just so engrossing and playable.

Can't wait for Arkham City.

Also the new Fifa, can't wait.... and may well get BF3.... but then I never liked the online modes on that, so it's a bit much to pay £40 for a game I'll play for 3-4 days.

But yeah, plenty to get excited about, games-wise.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

That game looks cool.... I might have to check it out. Any ideas on a release date?

I always liked Twisted Metal (anyone?) and always thought they should do a modern version of that..... OH.... and Road Rage.... or Skitchin' or Hogs of War..... so many old games that they could redo.

edit on 4/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If your a fan of real time strategy, you have to try out total war series, its awesome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join