It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Insider Spills The Beans! It's Over For Japan!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Steven Quayle?

The same Steven Quayle who periodically goes on Coast to Coast AM and preaches about copper fearing giants are going to awaken, crawl out of the ground and eat us all because God is pissed? That Steven Quayle?

And moving on...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The Post-War Japanese System may die but not Japan itself!

There is no huge Panic in the Japanese Stock-market,
so i guess the Claims are wrong, the big Japanese Companies will never leave Japan!

Fukushima is a huge Prefecture and even there are "un-radiated Spots"
and Tokyo can be cleaned, we have not so many Houses which are older than 20 Years.

Japan is huge with Population Concentrations on the coast
but inside the Mountains is no one living anymore,
this is a big Resource!

And anyway:

Shoganai!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

OK Dethduck.

I got a problem with YOU.

I just tried to smash a bug on my computer screen. And my finger came up with a negative bug kill. Its true.

You gave me a big laugh at your avatar I really did take a poke at that damn bug... Off post but oh well

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe
reply to post by dethduck

OK Dethduck.

I got a problem with YOU.

I just tried to smash a bug on my computer screen. And my finger came up with a negative bug kill. Its true.

You gave me a big laugh at your avatar I really did take a poke at that damn bug... Off post but oh well
My work here is done.
That is all.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

so i guess the Claims are wrong, the big Japanese Companies will never leave Japan!

Fukushima is a huge Prefecture and even there are "un-radiated Spots"
and Tokyo can be cleaned, we have not so many Houses which are older than 20 Years.

Japan is huge with Population Concentrations on the coast
but inside the Mountains is no one living anymore,
this is a big Resource!

And anyway:

Shoganai!

I agree Human0815 "It can’t be helped”

But from the view of an insider, what are your true feelings on the outcome of this event 20 yrs down the road?

My gut feeling based on the lack of information of this event, is that Japan will eventually be the equivalent of a quadriplegic running a triathlon..

What do you see from your experience and vantage point?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Japan will bounce back from this as it always does. 20 years down the line? Try 10.
For the people in the area, the recovery will be pretty slow, but for Japanese industry as a whole, it's already on its way to recovering. A big part of this is the cooperation, even between competitors, to get things going again. Chip factories loaning competitors unused lines, manufacturers loaning or giving refurbished equipment. Fishermen from Hokkaido sending down fishing boats (that had been in storage in Hokkaido) to replace those that were smashed by the tidal wave, just like the city in Fukushima or Iwate (I forget which) had done more than half a century ago when Hokkaido had a disaster.
Of course, this is what I'm seeing on the news here, so there will be some who say it's not true. But I have seen firsthand 16 years ago how Japan pulls together to get things going again after a major earthquake.
For the radiation-contaminated area in Fukushima, they're already saying that yes, families won't be able to go back for a long time. And I'm sure the government will buy or maybe long-term lease the affected land. If they'd just cover it all with solar cells, it'd be a great way to get the electricity that the Fukushima reactors used to put out.
My only major complaint is that much of this will be done by raising taxes, and I live here. They're already talking about raising the consumption tax (essentially, a VAT-type tax) to 10% from the current 5%.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well, given Japan's track record for reporting the true extent and seriousness of the problems associated with the nuclear disaster, it would not surprise me if they were continuing to repeat these actions, which means that things could very well be much worse than they are telling the public.

However, with that said, wouldn't the public know if something was up? I mean wouldn't there be drastic changes taking place in the country? Are there at the moment, and I just don't know about them? This has an air of truthfulness to it in my opinion, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

While it is true that Mr. Quayle comes from a christian perspective. And his view is obviously slanted in that direction, I have found him to be dead on when it comes to certain topics. And some of his "insiders" have proven to be worth their salt as well. Having said that. Some of them have also been full of ...uhm...potatoes, yeah thats it.

That is my take on Steve as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Nuclear fallout cannot be covered by the media. Japan has been ignored by most media now. It might as well not exist. If people educated themselves on nuclear fallout they might want their governments to close down nuclear plants.

The meltdown in Japan would not give you much hope for the country. I am quite sure the fallout has effected many parts of the planet.

You can be positive if you like. I notice some believe Japan will bounce back. If you would like a taste of reality I suggest you read this cable recently leaked from Belarus. Belarus experienced the fallout from the explosion at Chernobyl's nuclear power plant. This was written in 2007.

http://__._/cable/2007/04/07MINSK297.html

Japan should have been evacuated in an orderly fashion over the last few months. That could have been something really amazing in human history. Instead we turn our backs and hope nobody mentions it again.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Not so much being positive, just facing reality instead of following the hype.

First, the email says a public TV station. Where? What station? Since he makes a point of saying the speaker spoke in perfect English, I would guess he meant a TV station in Japan? Public TV in Japan would be NHK, which we watch regularly every morning, evening, and again at midnight. Nothing like what he said was reported.

Secondly, "leading corporations leaving Japan with their lives." False. I work for a leading Japanese company with customers among many of the top companies in Japan. We didn't even move our headquarters out of Tokyo, let alone overseas. The same applies for all of our customers. If the email named one of these "leading corporations" it could be easily verified.

"Affected the entire industrial base of Japan" Not even close. There was one IC company that happened to supply the chips that control virtually all functions in cars from all of Japan's major manufacturers, so that did cause a glitch. Of a couple of months. Until they were able to borrow production lines from other chip factories all over Japan to start producing the chips again. The area was not a major industrial area, but there were many smaller specialized companies. Many of them have already set up again in temporary facilities with borrowed or even donated equipment.

The largest damage was to fisheries and related industries. Not only the ships and fishing equipment, but also the fish processing facilities, cold storage facilities, etc. The fishermen are already out again, some catching fish and delivering it to other ports, others giving up on this season and setting up equipment for next season. And all caught seafood is of course checked for radiation.

I know people who live near, but luckily not in, Fukushima. Most have already basically resumed their normal lives. There are still aftershocks, so stress levels are high, but they go on.

TEPCO lies constantly. So you have to rely on other sources not related to TEPCO or the Japanese government, which I do have. None of them is predicting the death of Japan. In some ways, the misfortune is also boosting industry, as companies need to buy replacement equipment (with cheap government loans, when they finally get the system set up), and the construction industry will also have plenty to do.

Some here will of course probably accuse me of disinformation.

I live in Japan, with my family, and believe me I have my ears wide open for any sign that we need to jump ship. That's partly why I'm here too. But none of my wide circle of friends and colleagues and business partners throughout Japan, nor any of their extended circle of contacts, is suggesting anything close to what the email quoted by the original poster says. Japan is not just Fukushima. Fukushima is a very small part of Japan. But spreading hysteria is much more fun than facts.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3warped3

Wait.
You mean a guy who believes ancient immortal biblical giants will soon rise to destroy us just might not have the best info?
No!
Say it ain't so!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe

Originally posted by Human0815

And anyway:

Shoganai!

I agree Human0815 "It can’t be helped”

But from the view of an insider, what are your true feelings on the outcome of this event 20 yrs down the road?

It is absolute depending of the Outcome of the F'Shima Crisis,
it is not over yet and need at least 15 -25 Years until we can remove the Core
(if there is still a core!)

As far as i understand the Reactor Problems ( i am not so well in Engineering)
the next 2-5 years will be extremly dangerous,
much more than what we saw on 3/11!

But when everything is going well we still have the medical Problems,
here i need to trust into the development of new Techniques and Pharmaceutical Products,
i do this because of my Experiences in the medical Field!

Japan itself can"t be abandoned,
People forget the Scale of this,
alone Tokyo is like France from the GDP!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Does anyone remember 1945? Every Japanese city over 100,000 was in ruins, tow of their cities were nuked and half of their men aged 18-40 were dead. If they can recover from that they can recover from anything.

Friend, that was in the past, when industry was king, and manufacturing was everywhere, and money actually had buying power. Today's world is much different from 1945 on. I think, even though I hate to say it, that Japan is finished as a world power base and source of manufactured goods.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Tesco sells off Japan business:

www.bbc.co.uk...

They claim its because of costs, and while they probably are the main reason, I can bet the radiation is a factor but they are just not publicly admitting it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
That looks highly suspect to me. Steve Quayle sounds a little loony if you ask me.
Either the Fukushima disaster is a little bit worse than the authorities are letting on, or all of Japan is going to die.
Seeing as there aren't massive illnesses already, I think there's a bunch of people creating a hoax for their own agenda. AKA anti-nuclear activists are blowing it out of proportion.

May I point out that:

1. Fukushima is MUCH worse than They're letting on
2. We assume there are no massive illnesses (and won't be in the future) based on what the authorities let on, and We cannot assume They are truthful.
3. There's good reason to be "anti-nuclear..." We SWIM in energy and don't need to pollute Our planet to get it.

I think it's being far UNDER-blown to keep nuclear in an accepted category.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

For those of you gaijin living in Japan, you really should know better. It's one thing for the Japanese to allow themselves to be duped by the authorities into thinking everything's A-OK, but c'mon, what happened to your critical thinking skills? As long as you are eating the produce and drinking the water you are at risk. Wait a couple more months after the birth defect reports start coming in. Hopefully that will be enough of an eye-opener for you to start relearning how to use your brain.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

We SWIM in energy and don't need to pollute Our planet to get it.

Do we now? What energy would that be?

Coal=dirty and radioactive
Natural gas=depending on the method, large amounts of energy (dirty) are required to get it, and if you are talking Shale natural gas deposits, well, hydrolic fracking is quite, quite, harmful to the environment.
Solar=clean, kinda, you still actually have to manufacture the solar panels, which requires, yup, dirty energy.
wind= clean and probably a smart choice for certain parts of the world
water=outside of some hydro-electric damns, mostly untapped resource. Here in NB Canada we have the Bay of Fundy which has the largest tides in the world, and could be tapped for "wave" power.

Sadly, we aren't swimming in energy, and as the rest of the world industrialized, we will start coming up short more often. Beyond that, basically ALL of the current energy production methods are dirty.

I'm no fan of nuclear fall out at all, I just don't like disinformation, even if it's unintended

Anyways, back on topics.

I know I have read several articles from several different sources talking about the possibility of moving the Capitol away from Tokyo. This is a fact, they have looked at this as a possibility. This doesn't mean they WILL, but to say it's myth is completely wrong. They have weighed this measure, as they probably should.

The disaster is STILL underway and quite possibly could result in China Syndrome.

The water and food around those areas affected by fallout should not be consumed at all.

One of the posters is in Japan and saying most of this is just hysteric hype?

That's fine, you can believe that all you want. The fact is, shipments of goods coming from Japan (not fukashima itself) have been detected to be radioactive. There ARE reports of children already showing signs of thyriod poisoning.

This is not a tiny little insignificant issue, this affects the entire northern hemisphere. As well, tons, countless tons, of radioactive waste has been dumped into the pacific. What, is the ocean just going to "take it away"? That's not how it works.

And now they are saying they might start burning and incinerating the radioactive debris. Well geniuses, what do you think will happen there?

A pile of radioactive rubble in your backyard is a problem for you and those close around you. Once you burn that, and let those radioactive particles get airborne, you've got a massive problem.

edit on 31-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

There may not be a massive increase in illnesses associated wirth radiation exposure at present,however,the next 5-10 years may provide a very accurate indication of the effects from Fukushima if there is a dramatic rise in cancers such as Leukemia and inherent birth defects,it took approximately this long for the full effects of the Chernobyl radiation leakage to manifest itself in this form.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have a friend that just got back from Tokyo on a leisure vacation trip. He said everything was fine in Tokyo, panty vending machines and everything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join