It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth of Florida's Welfare Thievery!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think I finally see the problem. This is why people are "assuming" that welfare recipients were all drug addicts. (I will list web links for these numbers at the end of this post.)

8.72% of Florida’s populace is on drugs.
10.7% of Floridians are unemployed.
6.5% of Florida's budget is spent on welfare

When these numbers are taken back to back they suggest that the unemployed civilians in Florida are receiving welfare and taking drugs. This is simply NOT TRUE! Plus there is one figure that is being left out:

0.56% of Floridians are on welfare.

Florida's Governor Rick Scott (and most everybody else) looked at these figures and decided that the drug addicts were on welfare. Well the numbers are in and only 2% of welfare recipients failed the drug test. This means that they were WRONG. The truth is that $134 month from welfare is not enough to pay for a drug habit.

Apparently, most of the drug addicted Floridian's are somehow maintaining an income that can support their illegal habits.

Perhaps most disturbing of all is that of the $10 BILLION dollars that Florida has budgeted for welfare only 1.4% or $140,912,256 is reaching the poor. Where has the other 98.6% vanished to?

$9.86 BILLION dollars of the welfare budget in Florida is not going to the poor. They must be spending it on welfare office employees, facilities, paperwork and other misc items.

If Florida is at all indicative of the rest of our country that means that YES, YOUR TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING MISPENT! Most of that money you thought was being spent to help the poor is instead being spent on red-tape. (Surprised? No, I can't say that I am.)

(I'm not trying to jockey the numbers or manipulate opinion. I am trying to make sense of this mockery. I have found in my life that when a majority of the people supports something for emotional and illogical reasons, I should be immediately suspicious.)

This is a clear case of embezzlement and manipulation of public opinion. But, why would the supposedly respectable Governor Scott act in such a blatantly prejudice manner? In two words:

GREED AND SOLANTIC.

Solantic corp. is a chain of 32 urgent care centers that (among other things) are used for drug testing. In January Governor Scott moved his controlling interest of $62 million dollars worth of shares to his wife Frances Annette Scott. He did this to avoid any appearance of having a conflict of interest. Florida is one of the few states where this sort of "Kansas-City-Shuffle" is not technically illegal. It is however, very DEFINITELY IMMORAL!!!

Shame on you Governor Scott.

I can only encourage all Patriotic Floridian's to vote you out of office. Perhaps there is an honorable, moral, dependable Statesman somewhere in Florida that can defeat you next term. You do not deserve to hold a position of influence in this country. You may have succeeded this time with your slippery snake-oil salesman tactics, but American's are smarter than that. Your career is finished.

If you have any self respect left you will abdicate your office immediately. Take the millions of dollars that you have embezzled from noble hardworking Floridian’s and retire. We never want to see you again.

Respectfully,
Two-bears

(A special note to welfare recipients in Florida: Please continue to pass your drug test. Don’t give your lying, thieving, manipulative Governor any ammunition. We are proud of you for your apparent nobility. Keep up the good work. Stay clean and keep trying to find a job. There is hope. You have proved to the world that this country is not lost and that prejudice is WRONG. WAY TO GO! We thank you. You would all get Flags&Stars if that were an option.)

(p.s. If anyone is having trouble finding work, I will be posting a thread somewhere on ATS within the next few weeks regarding a foolproof five step method for finding employment.-k2b-)

Florida’s Population (2010) - 18,801,310 www.stateofflorida.com...

0.56% of Florida’s population is on welfare (or 107,023 in 2010) www.acf.hhs.gov...

10.7% of Florida's population is unemployed (or 2,011,740 in July of 2011.) www.bls.gov...

8.72% of Florida's population that is on drugs (1,639,474 citizens) oas.samhsa.gov...

2% of welfare recipients that failed the drug test (2,140)
www2.tbo.com...

Solantic info:
www.tampabay.com...

Florida's budget for welfare is 10 billion dollars. www.usgovernmentspending.com...

From earlier figures 87,632 cash disbursement welfare recipients collecting (approximately) $134 per month for 12 months equals $140,912,256.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This has been posted before. But not with the same wealth of info you have given.

Good job.

And yes Scott is another greedy politician.

and btw.
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just another way to line the pockets of some fat cat who is either related to or donates to the PTB.

If I lived in Florida I would be seriously annoyed !

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

Good find.
It is a big fat rip off and somebody is sure scamming the system of millions.

It isn't the poor people though. I am telling you for a fact the system is rigged so the rich get richer.
By the time this settles in as a reality it is almost time for you to die and it's too late to prove it.
It is so unbelievable we continue to allow it. We are helpless to stop it until WE SEE IT.
Good job pointing it out.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kicking2bears

Solantic corp. is a chain of 32 urgent care centers that (among other things) are used for drug testing. In January Governor Scott moved his controlling interest of $62 million dollars worth of shares to his wife Frances Annette Scott.

Anyone who lives in Florida should know this. Whatever your opinion on welfare/drugs, when a politician mandates drug tests while owning $62 million in drug testing lab shares, that's messed up. This guy should go to jail, not run a state...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

It certainly sounds like embezzlement to me snowman. But until our political system is revamped to represent the true will of the people, the only thing I know to do is encourage the voters to remove him from office in the next election.

(These facts and figures were impossibly difficult to find. I've been researching this for days. More than once I encountered a suspicious error-404. I know there are a lot of web links but it seemed important to include the documentation.)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

You did an impressive job with this thread, hence the S&F. The thing that sticks out to me is how this isn't illegal. Clearly a conflict of interest. I bet if his wife divorced him and kept the shares, he would say "we were wrong, and only a minuscule 2% of welfare recipients occasionally use drugs."

As for the 1.4% of $10 billion dollars actually going to poor people, that's embarrassing. How does he not see that as the problem? No, let's keep wasting 98.6% of our money and call the people who are getting the 1.4% crackheads... If anyone in this situation appears to be on drugs, it's the governor.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Common sense would lead anyone to know that one could not possibly sustain a drug habit with welfare monies. I mean, what kind of drug habit could welfare support? Drinking cheap wine perhaps, but other than that, the idea is laughable.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I agree. I wish I lived in Florida. I would do everything in my power to make sure that rotten thieving lieing embezzling rotten excuse for a human being that is Governor Scott did not get re-elected. I would love to see him get impeached but neither of those will happen unless the voteing public in Florida will wake up and see the truth that is being concealed from them.

Everybody knows that politicians are generally dirty and unsavory but rarely have I seen such clear evidence of it.

new topics

top topics

join