It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

forteantimes magzine Alien or pixy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was reading the magzine forteantimes in WH.SMITHS uk store sells all sorts and spotted this which caught my eye. A little alien or pixy who knows I found it kinda strange anyway what do you people think aboout it if this has been posted before im sorry I did'nt know what to search for.

Little UFO
forteantimes.com

[edit on 30/9/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
thats really kool. whatever it is its looks really short.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't think it's real, but it's an excellent fake.

You'd think the cops would be a little more freaked out or there'd be at least one other photo. Would you only take one photo? I wouldn't.

Or maybe, just maybe Pisky's avatar got loose and someone snapped a photo of it!

Spiderj

[edit on 8/21/2004 by Spiderj]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I saw that a few months ago but can't remember which site it was in. If true its unlikely to be a pixy. It looks more like a grey than anything else and its gait reminded me of the one in the film 'Signs'.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That is one strange picture
That thing would be like what a foot and a half tall.

Also it would appear to be middle of both men riding the horses and they would both have their backs too it.

I dont know its pretty freaky

[edit on 21-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cool pic huh Im not sure if the guy who tok the pic has a website or not i've not checked for it but look pretty real to me. Also not sure if it hs been classed as a fake or not .

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
it's not a ufo or a pixy,it's a fake

yeah I know fakes aren't the coolest alien species,but theres tons of photos of the fakes

[edit on 21-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I looks somewhat like the Ilkley Moor alien

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
nice find pisky just been reading upon it sounds freaky that Ilkley Moor alien story but the moore has a good history to it aswell I think it would make a good film Signs 2 maybe lol.

just noticed look at the bottom of page 2 it has this on it www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread57218/pg1 who ever did that site must be a member here.

[edit on 21/8/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's been discussed before, here's the last thread

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
fair digs can a mod delete this topic please thank you

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The link durden supplied was locked by the bandit who said it had been discussed before so can someone supply the original thread or just shut up. Stuff might be discussed on this thread that was missed by the others on the first thread. [rant]

WELL I THINK it�s probably a fake it certainly is a bit blurred. I have seen pictures that i have taken came out a bit blurred and produce some strange looking stuff. It could be a kid that�s been distorted by the blur.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
The link durden supplied was locked by the bandit who said it had been discussed before so can someone supply the original thread or just shut up.

As I knew I had seen this on ATS before, I did a quick search and found the most recent thread (which was incidentally locked). It's not my job to provide you with the original thread on this subject. Use Boolean or ask the mod who locked the thread

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
ForteanTimes is my favorite mag! Too bad I can't get it in the US....

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
WH Smiths

This place should sell the ufo magazine if not you could email them and ask them where you can get it from. You might find it cheaper than where ever your buying it now.

Well ive done a search and I carnt find a post on it done before I'll keep looking so!

[edit on 21/8/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
the person who took the picture is some professional photographer. if he's so good, why couldnt he take the picture that was in focus.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by enrage]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

SANTIAGO - The photo taken by German Pereira, showing a strange "character" walking across Parque Forestal, has gone all around the world, appearing in a variety of internet sites as well as news dailies and television. Despite the fact that the digital image has been studied in detail, no one knows what the curious phenomenon might be. However, the following theories have been put forth:

I. THE ALIEN

One of the better-known stories is the presence of an alien in the photo taken at Parque Forestal. The strange character that appears near the mounted policemen's horses is very similar to the "Greys", whether on account of its macrocephaly or its elongated arms. What is odd is the creature's size, since tests to the digital image show that its height would not exceed 80 centimeters. Some ufologists state that there is no precedent for such small extraterrestrials, therefore this possibility has been discarded. However, UFO research has always been based on eyewitness testimony and photo evidence, therefore a new concept of space beings, smaller in size than those hitherto known, would be a new line of research.

II. THE IMP OR GNOME

Without a doubt one of the most accepted theories by the public regarding the strange creature. Certainly the characteristics that can be made out on this entity are similar to the ones described by those who have seen imps, whether on acount of its size or its greenish hue. Furthermore, these mythical creatures are believed to inhabit places filled with trees and flowers, making it not at all strange that Parque Forestal should form part of their habitat. Experts in manifestations by these entities reinforce the theory that imps can only be seen by certain people, since they belong to another dimension, and that a digital photograph could be a good option for seeing them.

III. A GHOST.

Cyberspace is filled with countless photos showing specters or ghosts in poses similar to that of the Parque Forestal creature. Among thousands of photos, a good number of them are fakes, but an equally significant amount has not been dismissed as hoaxes. Therefore, within the possibilities of this image, the possibility of a ghost could easily coincide with many others of its type.

IV. A TREE BRANCH.

The trails of Parque Forestal are covered with many leaves and branches that constantly fall from the trees, especially during the fall. For this reason, one of the theories put forth explains that one such branch could have created the capricious image of a walking alien. The blurriness of the image could lend credibility to this explanation.

V. A CHILD

Another theory posited states that a small child was walking between the two Carabineros horsemen. This is not unlikely, since such things happen constantly in that area of the park. But upon studying the image and being's size, the child could not have been more than a year and half old. As the image shows, the creature walks erect and its body does not present the characteristics of a child of that age. Furthermore, there are no signs of clothing covering the body of the alleged child, and the neck is absent from beings quasi-deformed head. However, the sweep of the image deforms the possibility of evaluating details such as clothing or other traits that could make this the solution.

VI. A MONKEY

What would an ape be doing in the middle of Parque Central? Well, its one of many interpretations of this image. The characteristics of the "creature" could be projected on a small ape who had escaped at that time from the zoo or from a private home. What is odd is the color of the alleged ape, aside from the calm way it crosses between two animals of far larger size than its own.

VII. LIGHTS AND SHADOWS

For those knowledgeable in the subject, it is easy to capture a significant light and shadow play which can mislead us easily. Upon observing this photo, we can see that there are several patches of light between the leaves. These give the sensation of possessing a color that is similar to that of the strange being. We also see another light spot over the entity's body, suggesting an object on its back, which could be interpreted as a rucksack, but is only light play after initial analysis. Under this premise, we cannot dismiss the possibility that the phenomenon photographed by German Pereira is only the product of light and shadow play.

VII. THE HOAX

Under the magnifying glasses of several experts, the image from Forestal is no more than an absurd hoax to promote the subject of UFOs and aliens. However, we lack any proof that completely rejects the veracity of the alleged alien photo. The following are some possible means of hoaxing the image

Superimposed Images

One of the most common tricks when creating photos of this sort is the superimposition of images, whether through a computer or employing sophisticated design programs, which aid us in constructing photos with external elements. This can be done by taking a photo obtained by a conventional original (a traditional photo with a chemically-processed negative) which has been scanned and then digitized. Then, an external element is attached (as strange figure or other object. After printing it on a laser printer on high-quality paper, it can be photographed using a digital camera, obtaining the result we have come to know.

El Barrido

One of the photos limitations is the sweep generated by the digital camera, which blurs the image, making it impossible to make a firm conclusion. But the most curious detail is that these "sweeps" are hard to do with a digital camera. Digital cameras generally operate as sensitivities of 100, 200 and 400 ISO (standardized sensitivity units between ASA and DIN, which are the U.S. and German units, respectively). This means that the exposure speeds for an outdoor shot on a clear day (such as in this photo) would never be lower than 1/100th of a second. A sweep of such a magnitude could never be obtained at such a speed. The photo would be underexposed (in its original) for which reason the contrast (luminance) or colors (chrominance) cannot be fully seen, which are needed to distinguish capacity and depth in each cell.

IX. A PRANK

Another possibility is that it was all concocted at the site of the events, creating the impression of a being calmly walking among two mounted horses. When looking closely at the image, we can see that the at the second post to the left of the photo, there is a diagonal element supported toward the ground. This could be a stick, but its thickness could readily represent one of the legs of a tripod supporting the strange character.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

"This picture was taken in the early 1930's by my grandfather who lived in Alaska in those days. He first saw this entity when he was in his car driving towards a lake. He chased the entity up until this point where he made this picture of it. It took him four months to develop the picture since it wasn�t easy back in those days to develop a picture, especially in Alaska. I got this picture last week, my grandfather died the next day."

I can�t remember where i got the photo although i think it was from a link here at ats. I think there is a similarity.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by kode]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
looks fake to me. but could be a pixie as pisky said. or maybe it is an alien.it kind of reminds me of pedro the mummy.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How cool. Looks pretty real to me. Why does everyone on this website simply assume the pics are always fraudulent crap? Out of all the zillions of alien photos on this website one MUST be true. I'm going with the alien theory.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join