It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never-fail prediction system shows 2012 win for Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Before you guys freak out this system predicted every President since 1984.

www.rawstory.com...

This is NOT a partisan guy, or a partisan bit of polling or anything related to left v right, it's just the out come of a system this guy created.

It predicted

Reagan 84
Bush Sr 88
Clinton 92
Cinton 96
Bush 00
Bush 04
Obama 08

And now it's predicting Obama in 2012.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
yep, were boned...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

It's honestly down to the quality of the Republican candidates.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Its not like the others would be any different

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I wonder if Ron Paul was considered by this system...

I think Paul has a good chance if He can break the electron ceiling (get media coverage).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well the 'never-fail' sytem is going to fail in 2012

or else the american people know for SURE the voting system is rigged...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Apart from Clinton 92 and Bush 00, the rest were obvious. A monkey could have predicted them.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's a no brainer. IMO
Have you SEEEEEEN the republican candidates?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
HES A WITCH! BURN HIM!!!!

seriously though... its a bit early for guessing games.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
WW3 will break out before the election. So if there is a election I doubt anyone up top would let a change of president occur. This will also lead to even more major problems on our home front.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
And the Titanic was unsinkable. At least, until someone said so.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Let's review what the 13 keys are, and what the current status is (at least, according to American University):

• KEY 1 (Party Mandate): After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives than it did after the previous midterm elections. (FALSE)
• KEY 2 (Contest): There is no serious contest for the incumbent-party nomination. (TRUE)
• KEY 3 (Incumbency): The incumbent-party candidate is the sitting president. (TRUE)
• KEY 4 (Third party): There is no significant third party or independent campaign. (TRUE)
• KEY 5 (Short-term economy): The economy is not in recession during the election campaign. (TRUE)
• KEY 6 (Long-term economy): Real per-capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms. (FALSE)
• KEY 7 (Policy change): The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy. (TRUE)
• KEY 8 (Social unrest): There is no sustained social unrest during the term. (TRUE)
• KEY 9 (Scandal): The administration is untainted by major scandal. (TRUE)
• KEY 10 (Foreign/military failure): The administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs. (TRUE)
• KEY 11 (Foreign/military success): The administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. (FALSE)
• KEY 12 (Incumbent charisma): The incumbent-party candidate is charismatic or a national hero. (FALSE)
• KEY 13 (Challenger charisma): The challenging-party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero. (TRUE)
LINK

Now, how many of those items could potentially change between now and the parties' national conventions? Several of those items are certainly in flux, and could change dramatically between now and next summer.

The most interesting thing to me is that there's really no particular weight given to campaigning. It's all about governance, and renders the multimegamillions spent on campaigning irrelevant.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/30/2011 by yeahright because: Formatting

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's probably correct.

Looking over the field of GOP nominees, I can't see a single one that is even remotely electable (Ron Paul included) So, unfortunately for America, we're going to probably have to put up with more Obama and more of the same thing we have been going through the last 10 years.

What America needs more than anything is a swift kick in the pants and to get off their apathetic couch potato behinds and find someone who will ACTUALLY fix this country (NOT Ron Paul).

Actually it's going to take a lot more than just one president, it's going to take a whole new congress, it's going to take decades of hard work and people being genuinely interested in what their lawmakers and the chief executive does to get this country back on track.

Rash decisions don't fix things, and taxing rich people less doesn't either. What fixes things is real leadership replaced every few years, and real ideas.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As long as Obama's economic policy is as follows, I don't know that he stands a chance...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Or maybe the "prediction" is yet another device to sway public opinion and create a self-fulfilling prophecy. No one likes to vote for a loser, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh crap.

Just shoot me now........................

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Or maybe the "prediction" is yet another device to sway public opinion and create a self-fulfilling prophecy. No one likes to vote for a loser, right?

I think We Need To Ask These People:

And ask them If They Remember This Little Promise?

Remember, No One I Know of To Include My Husband, Got A Cost of Living Allowance Raise The Last Two Years,,,,, But His Family and Friends Can Spend Our Tax Dollars on Lavish Vacations,,,, Who Here Has Had The Extra Money To Take Their Family and Friends To Europe or Even Sea World?

Being a New American Citizen and Being Born and Raised as A Communist and Working For a Communist Government,,,,,,,, I Will Vote But Not For Obama,,,, I'd Vote For Mickey Mouse First!!
Just The Way I Feel.
edit on 30-8-2011 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 30-8-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Most of the selections from 5 down are completely bogus or at least highly debateable.

• KEY 5 (Short-term economy): The economy is not in recession during the election campaign. (TRUE)

*looks around* Really? We're not in a recession? Really?

• KEY 6 (Long-term economy): Real per-capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms. (FALSE)

OK

• KEY 7 (Policy change): The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy. (TRUE)

Seems like an assinine qualifier in absence of "majority American voter approved" in front of said major changes. THAT will be a huge part of Obama's downfall. yes, we've seen major policy changes, NO they haven't all been for the better. End of story here.

• KEY 8 (Social unrest): There is no sustained social unrest during the term. (TRUE)

I think this one is way off. The level of crime, violence, and protests in the USA has certainly ramped up several notches in the last 3 years. Look at the sit-ins and protests on both sides of the union arguments. Look at the number of metal thefts coast to coast. Look at the Laughner incident. Look at the anger everywhere you turn.

• KEY 9 (Scandal): The administration is untainted by major scandal. (TRUE)

Examples of taint:
Fast & Furious gun running scandal
Birth certificate farce
Absence of any tangible evidence in aleged bin Laden death
Doing an end around on Congress over Libya
I'd say all of these rank way above "presidential semen on a cocktail dress" on the importance meter... but I'm guessing that incident likely got Clinton a (FALSE) on this guy's little dog & pony predictor show Key.

• KEY 10 (Foreign/military failure): The administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs. (TRUE)

Depends on the definition of failure. Highest body counts of US troops ever recorded in Afghanistan doesn't exactly scream "SUCCESS!"

• KEY 11 (Foreign/military success): The administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. (FALSE)

Hey, at least this hack doesn't buy into the bin Laden bullpies.

• KEY 12 (Incumbent charisma): The incumbent-party candidate is charismatic or a national hero. (FALSE)

WOW! I'd have actually given the guy the charismatic banner here simply because of the simpletons who get all doe eyed over his aura. Again I am mildly surprised at the Key's qualifier on this one.

• KEY 13 (Challenger charisma): The challenging-party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero. (TRUE)

I can't really disagree with this one, other than to say KEYs 12 & 13 seem a bit pointless, IMO. Look at 2008. Obama was charismatic as all hell, but was/is about as far from being a national hero as one can get. McCain was a bonafide national hero, but had the charisma of a moist towelette. National hero is mildly subjective, charisma is entirely subjective.
edit on 30-8-2011 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Lol Bush won in 04?

The sad thing in this situation is people still believe in politics while WWE is less corupt. WWE stands for World wrestling entertainment, not sure about entertainment lol but back in days it was federation.

The only candidate you'll vote for are the campaign contributors and they are smart enough to contribute to both of em.

The main problem is, 2 weeks is way too long to remember for an average american let alone 4 years.
People want Paul as badly as they wanted Obama, what Barry did so far in term of HOPE and CHANGE is pathetic. So honestly i dont get it. Why people cant remember 3 years ago or 7 years ago when Bush stole the election in Fl ?

So Nobama will be re elect because he is way too good of a puppet.
Go on, i encourage all of you to vote Paul to prove me wrong and i'm soo confident Paul will get cornered in those election that i'll apologize if he truly get elected.

I'm sorry if i'm killing your dog but sometimes i wish i had a bad memory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join