It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Bolt Of Lightning Killed 31 Danish Cows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As a result of increasing freak weather, new records are set. A single bolt of lightning killed 31 Danish cows during a thunderstorm in Denmark.

Lightning kills 31 Danish cows

A lightning strike killed 31 cows sheltering under a tree in Jutland in south-western Denmark setting a gruesome world record.

The Danish insurers association said it was the largest number of reported deaths of farm animals from a single bolt of lightning.

The agency quoted the Guinness World Records in London as saying the toll was highest number of farm animals in such an incident.

[edit on 2006/4/25 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well, that's exactly why they tell everyone not to seek shelter under a tree during a thunderstorm. Obviously, these Danish cows never got the word.

[edit on 04/8/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think that danish cows are stupider than norwegian cows, but smarter than swedish ones. Of course I might be biased here...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Another tragic incident waiting to happen. When will they ever learn? Clearly, the answer to this vexing problem is education. How many bovines must die before we take the necessary actions.

"Sensible tree control would be an obvious next step toward prevention. If I thought I could get the necessary votes, I would ban all trees from cow pastures tomorrow," Diane Feinstein said in an interview recently.

Jeneane Garofalo spoke out at a rally yesterday in favor of an international ban of all trees from cow pastures, calling the lack of action a classic case of speciesism.

"If 31 cats, dogs, or hamsters had met such a grisley fate, the world community would take immediate action," Garofalo opined.

When informed that trees provide significant protection from the sun, Garofalo screamed, "What's a little sunburn compared to being incinerated by lightning?"

Susan Sarandon and husband, Tim Robbins, blamed the Bush "crime family" for the "massacre," claiming that a lack of an international coalition contributed to the tragedy.

France and Germany have been characteristically silent on the matter. Some claim the French have been heavily influenced by the powerful cheese lobby. The Germans have a history since WWII of avoiding issues even remotely related mass murder.

Several Middle Eastern radical groups have claimed responsibilty for the killings, but intelligence sources have expressed skepticism.

John Kerry said yesterday that an appeal to the UN was in order and attacked the White House for its lack of action.

"This administration is more interested in an Iraqi mass murderer than it is in the plight of the international community of dairy cows," Kerry droned at a rally in Stevens Point, WI, yesterday.

The White House issued a statement of regret today, but declined further comment until an investigation is complete.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
What is everybody so broken up about? Talk abouta marketing possibilty, Organicaly eco friendly seared beef. Now break out the beer!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I dont see why everyone is arguing so much... for GODS sake open your eyes!! They are COWS! And they've already been killed AND cooked! Best damn service around eat up boys!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Several Middle Eastern radical groups have claimed responsibilty for the killings...

Now, that�s funny

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Holy COW!

Now that's impressive. I bet it was a mooving experience to see all that.

Anyone hungry for steak?

Maybe this farmer needs to install lightning rods on his farm grounds so he can stop having these barbeque sales. Maybe a grounded large shed would work. Anyway this report has been quite shocking. Too much meat for me to digest at one time.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ok so.. technically speaking they were a few feet from each other when they got struck, so lets say #1 was the closest... and #31 being the furthest away. Now... Does anyone know what temp the #1 cow got cooked at? I like mine medium well so I got dibs on say... #10-20
Anyone know the address of this farm so I can order me some beef?????

[edit on 22-8-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

How can anyone look into the eyes of cuddly creatures and speak of barbeques and steaks and make light of the shameful and senseless deaths. We must ban trees from cow pastures, now!

I mean, I'm, like, you know, totally serious, now!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So, the farmer is to blame now? Can't we just accept that the weather is going mad and there will be more freak records and BBQ to come? You better unplug your computer-equipment from the wall. Or it'll fry...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
You better unplug your computer-equipment from the wall.

Never! Meteorologic bovine electocution is my new cause celebre. I have converted to veganism and have declared war on all tree-huggers. There must be a global ban on trees from cow pastures, now!

Stop Meteorological Bovine Electrocution Now!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Only a small part of the international tragedy of Meteorological Bovine Electrocution.

www.swiftcurrentonline.com...

Twenty-four head of cattle were struck and killed by lightning while standing under a tree. Lightning in West plains also caused power outages and one minor fire to a roof.

A rancher discovered six head of cattle killed by lightning.
www.lightningsafety.com...

July 16, 1997: Around 2 pm in Henry County, a 42 year old man in his yard was struck and killed by lightning. Lightning also killed 19 cattle at a farm. www.erh.noaa.gov...

In addition to human deaths and injures, 20 head of cattle were killed and over 100 head of domestic animals were injured.

www.china.org.cn...

Thirty-five cattle were destroyed in Edmonson and Barren counties in June of 1969, and 22 calves were lost when lightning started a barn fire in Hart County during 1990. kyclim.wku.edu...

Ground current is one reason horses and cattle are especially susceptible. Because they are four-footed, livestock are killed by "step voltage," which occurs when lightning's ground current radiates out from a struck object. While ground current only affects the feet and legs of a standing person, it is a common cause of death among horses and cattle whose vital organs are in the current path. www.horses-and-horse-information.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Apparently, no one is very concerned about the topic of Meteorological Bovine Electrocution as I am.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Islamic extremists? I don't think so. This obviously another attempt to cause panic by the Moosad.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Islamic extremists? I don't think so. This obviously another attempt to cause panic by the Moosad.

Udderly preposterous! The root cause is the presence of electro-conductive vegetation in the bovine milieu. We must all band together to ban trees from cow pastures!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Holy cow, more BBQ...

Lightning strikes over Denmark just now:

(picture removed, link instead): Last seven days lightningstrikes Denmark

Edit: The picture was deleted from the server...It looked awesome.
Anyways, since I already posted this, you now have a link to the latest seven days instead of the picture. Check out the picture for "24/8" while you can and you'll see what I mean (7684 lightning-strikes!)...

Picture taken that night in Copenhagen (some places got 44mm rain in just 2� hours) :

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
how did that happen?

Were they all peeing on eachother?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join