It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father slit throats of 3 daughters in 'honour killing' after they were raped by Gaddafi's troops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This just makes me ill.

I wonder if this makes him some kind of Hero in his culture?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was reading the Bible last night, in the Old Testament book of Judges. I came across a story about a man who ventured into a town called Gideah that was populated by the tribe of Benjamin. The stranger had trouble finding a place in the town to spend the night but was eventually taken in by a kind man in the town. During the night some of the local troublemakers in town went to the kind man's house and told him ti send out the stranger so that they could know (rape) him. The kind man of the house begged the troublemakers not to do this evil thing, but they would not leave. The man of the house eventually convinced the men to defile his daughter instead of the stranger.
After abusing his daughter all night long, the daughter was found collapsed on the front step of the house the next morning. After finding out what the men did to his daughter, she was killed! Cut into 12 pieces and sent to the 12 tribes of Israel!

I was horrified at the injustice done to the girl. How can anybody condone such behavior, much less, do so in the name of God. It just doesn't make since. I think that in the Middle East, a woman's life is esteemed as dross.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Additonal info- The pdf report.

s3.amazonaws.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Explanation: Having dug into this quite a bit this is what I have for my fellow members to look at...

Physicians for Human Rights [wiki]

Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) was founded in 1986 by a small group of doctors who believed the unique scientific expertise and authority of health professionals could bring human rights violations to light and provide justice for victims. One of PHR's first missions was to testify on behalf of doctors and human rights activists in Chile, who were working against the military dictator Augusto Pinochet. Since then, PHR has conducted pioneering research and field investigations in more than 40 countries.

PHR focuses on a set of core human rights violations:

Atrocities against civilians during armed conflict
Violence against women, especially rape as a weapon of war
Torture and abuse of detainees
Lack of access to health care due to racial, ethnic and gender discrimination
PHR works to prove the health consequences of human rights violations. It also uses its research for advocacy focused on demanding accountability for crimes and recommending critical policy changes.

Here is their website...

War Crimes in Libya
[physiciansforhumanrights.org]

In June of 2011, PHR sent an investigative team to the coastal city of Misrata shortly after rebel forces liberated it. Witness to War Crimes: Evidence from Misrata, Libya (pdf) details the lives of ordinary citizens during a two-month siege and sheds light on Qaddafi’s systematic assault. In-depth interviews with 54 residents provided evidence of war crimes and crimes against humanity including murder, torture, rape, forced internment, and disappearance.

[EXTREME CAUTION! PDF LINKED below, autoloads in Adobe! At Your Own Risk!]

Witness to War Crimes:
Evidence from Misrata, Libya (PHR pdf. Report) [s3.amazonaws.com]

Rape as a weapon of war and honor killings
PHR investigators conducted in-depth interviews with six Libyan civilians, including two obstetricians/
gynecologists, who gave credible reports of military-sanctioned rape as well as of
honor killings that occurred in response to these rapes. One 20-year resident of Tomina report-
ed to PHR that Qaddafi forces from Tawergha94 transformed a Tomina elementary school into a
detention site where they reportedly raped women and girls as young as 14 years old:
Mohamed remained in and around his village while his family fled to Misrata for safety.95 He reported
that as of mid-March he served as a rebel fighter. He wore a green armband to visibly identify himself
as a Qaddafi supporter, which enabled him to fight regularly on the front line without being detained
or captured.

Mohamed regularly passed Alwadi Alahdar elementary school on one of Tomina’s rural roads en
route to the front line. Mohamed reported that he heard the cries of women and girls on several
occasions while passing the school. He reported seeing tanks and other military vehicles at this
school in April 2011. On one occasion, in the quiet of the night, he heard drunken laughter through the
open windows of the school building. He heard women cry out in pain and a man yell, “Shut up you
dogs!”

Mohamed is convinced that Qaddafi troops forcibly detained these women and girls and gang raped
them. He said he heard directly from five separate male heads of nearby households and close
friends that some of their daughters and wives had been raped by Qaddafi forces.

One father confided in Mohamed that his three daughters aged 15, 17, and 18 had gone missing after
Qaddafi troops arrived in Tomina. They returned to the family in late April and told their father that
they had been raped in the Alwadi Alahdar elementary school for three consecutive days. In what
is known as an “honor killing,”96 Mohamed related to PHR investigators, this father slit each of his
daughters’ throats with a knife that day and killed them. Mohamed also noted that some in Tomina
have stood up against this practice, including a well-known Sheik who has publicly advocated for
raped women and girls to be seen as brave and bringing honor to their families.

Personal Disclosure: :shk:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If the routine "honor killings" of victimized children by their own parents doesn't illustrate the power of religion, nothing will. No wonder so many people see these parts of the world as if they're inhabited by wild animals. Once you take reason and accountability from someone, that's what you're left with - an animal.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
dis-information all sides play it.

i mean if its true i would have handled it differently but how can one judge another. isnt that a hi point if your christian.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
P R O P A G A N D A

H E A R S A Y

H A T E   G A D D I F I

Father slit throats of 3 daughters in 'honour killing' after they were raped by Gaddafi's troops

Father slit throats of 3 goats in 'honour killing' after they were raped by Gaddafi's troops

Father slit throats of 3 sheep in 'honour killing' after they were raped by Gaddafi's troops

Father slit throats of 3 [insert heres] in 'honour killing' after they were raped by Gaddafi's troops

H A T E   Q A D H A F I

It's a damn shame that the media and .gov are keeping their intentions here so cryptic and shy throughout. :shk:

The man is shear and utter descriptive Evil ...

hmmmm ..... interesting, eh?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Again more lies by the MSM as the war comes to a close, and reported by the dailymail not suprsied about there agenda, first the hotel lady been raped by Gaddafi police even though there was no testing done on her to prove it.

and now with this.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

[physiciansforhumanrights.org]

ah them again eh? they lied about bosina not surpised your beileveing them, but thats what the media wants they want an reaction from people like you.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

What bible are you reading??? I read the KJV and had to look it up because I had to see it for myself. The host and visitor were clearly wrong in offering the daughter and concubine to the crowd. However, the concubine was given over not the virgin daughter and was found already dead at the doorstep the next morning (having been raped to death the night before). Her body was then divided and sent to the other tribes so they would know of the crime, which is totally gross. However gross, it is far different to carve up an already dead person than to kill them in order to make a point. The point of the story was that the Israelites were as bad as Soddom and Gomorrah when left to their own judgement rather than following GOD. While it is a terrible story, you have misrepresented it to make it fit into your preconceived ideas. Everyone involved in the story was guilty except for the virgin daughter as in the chapter previous the concubine had comitted adultery. There is not a single example that I am aware of where a raped woman is killed by her family because of her misfortune in the bible.
edit on 30-8-2011 by americanwoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Explanation: Nahhhh! You're just saying that!

Personal Disclosure: Maybe if there were some links I could have clicked to check your posts claims I might have come to a different conclusion! :shk:

P.S. You need to go back and debunk what was posted ... not attack a messenger!

edit on 30-8-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The troops are apostates of Islam and should be beheaded. I don't think rape is permissible, as it is adultery.

Might as well use their own twisted logic against these ####s.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Agent USA is right .Many Human rights groups made false claims during the Serbian wars.And yes many of these groups are funded by NED and Soros Foundation,which is itself a major indicator that these groups are for an agenda and not social work.

Soros and his foundations have had a hand in funding noteworthy leftist organizations. Since 1999, Soros's Open Society Institute (OSI) has given grants to Center for American Progress ($1.8 million), Center on Budget and Policy Priorities ($3.7 million), Economic Policy Institute ($3 million), Institute for America's Future ($965,000), and the Center for Policy Alternatives ($1.4 million), the Tides Foundation ($20 million). [24] Other leftist groups Soros funds includes the following; [13] the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy, the Tides Center; the National Organization for Women; Feminist Majority; the American Civil Liberties Union; People for the American Way; Alliance for Justice; NARAL Pro-Choice America; America Coming Together; Campaign for America's Future; Amnesty International; the Sentencing Project; the Center for Community Change; the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Legal Defense and Educational Fund; Human Rights Watch; the Prison Moratorium Project; the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement; the National Lawyers Guild; the Center for Constitutional Rights; the Coalition for an International Criminal Court; The American Prospect; MoveOn.org; Planned Parenthood; the Nation Institute; the Brennan Center for Justice; the Ms. Foundation for Women; the National Security Archive Fund; the Pacifica Foundation; Physicians for Human Rights; the Proteus Fund; the Public Citizen Foundation; the Urban Institute; the American Friends Service Committee; Catholics for a Free Choice; Human Rights First; the Independent Media Institute; MADRE; the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund; the Immigrant Legal Resource Center; the National Immigration Law Center; the National Immigration Forum; the National Council of La Raza; the American Immigration Law Foundation; the Lynne Stewart Defense Committee; and the Peace and Security Funders Group.
conservapedia.com...

edit on 31-8-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What will it take to convince you the story is true?

Who would you have to hear it from or what do you need to see?

I'll keep my eyes/ears opened and I'll get back to you if/when it comes forth....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by ararisq

If he couldn't live with the " humiliation" then he should of killed himself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

that's the diff,

islam points at the most vunerable people, not the perps or who is at fault.

reminds me of the libs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join