It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This is a very good time for me to get involved with something like this. After the end of October I will have the time to get seriously active. I am quite serious.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I quite like the "Freeborn Party", because thats what we are and would like to keep it that way or even the "Albion Party" which is ubiquitous to the whole island.

I dunno

Guess we need a referendum

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ooh, I am rather excited about this prospect now....

Everything has to start somewhere.. The only challenge is getting the message out to enough people.

Feel free to PM me for contact details and the like.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'm sreious fella, but at the same time I wouldn't want to hold you back in any way. After all, we may end up getting no where. (not being pessimistic - just pragmatic)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Guys - I really had to share this with you. I just received an email from a good friend in Libya an extract of which says

Yes Tripoli is free now and Brega also is free now and the people are very happy here, only still three cities now under pro-Gaddafi and the people re safering in that cities ( i hope to be free in next few days) .

mybe you confused what happened in libya and to understand that we need to drink cup of cafe on TRIPOLI beautiful beach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but very shortly GADDAFI is very bad man he killed his people he control libya 42years, libya is very rich country but GADDAFI destroyed it.

People here looking for Freedom only to be free no other thing, but Gaddafi started and killed them he pushed all heavy weapons and troops to kill ,,, really he is very crazy.

some media says rebels????? But these are all the people these re the voice of the street All Libyan go down to street for their rights it was revolution it was peace revolution. but the reaction from gaddafi was horribel he push the people to carried Guns and become volutoinarieres.

I am shaking with relief. .Now look what these guys have achieved against much greater odds.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I like them both!

It has to be something that conjures up our conencted history and the traditions of personal liberty that, until recently, were cornerstones in British life.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by EvanB

I'm sreious fella, but at the same time I wouldn't want to hold you back in any way. After all, we may end up getting no where. (not being pessimistic - just pragmatic)

In any event your marketing skills can be used wherever you might be.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I am glad your friend is both well and happy...

It shows what can be done, against the most insurmountable odds.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

reply to post by EvanB

In any event your marketing skills can be used wherever you might be.

True

But you cant have a "revolution" via facebook or email.

I have been complaining about this stuff for years, its time to grow a pair and do something about it.

Our country needs rescuing and I for one am not going to stand by and watch it drown anymore or its blood will be on my hands.

Our kids are depending on it.

The alternative does not bare thinking about!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Cool

Glad we have some traction, even it is just the 4 of us!

I am poised to start a Facebook page - what shall we be known as or what shall I name the page? I assume it can be changed at a later date anyway..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Something simple like Direct Democracy will do for now.

As you say there is a good chance it will be changed at some point if something does come of this...which I certainly hope does.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have a facebook page setup..

As I am aware of the T&C's, PM me for the details...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I have a facebook page setup..

As I am aware of the T&C's, PM me for the details...

Could you pm me the details please as my computer is being a prat?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by christina-66

How about a period of national service for all persons under the age of 23?

i was gunna suggest that, teach them respect. stop future generations from becoming violent yobs

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm going to keep page 30 forever and ever.....it's a great read

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

I have a dream of a policy - now that I'm a part owner of most of the banks in the country -that I actually get my shares and my annual dividend.

I wouldn't feel quite so robbed if that should happen.

A nation of shareholders.
edit on 7-9-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I do like your idea of regional assemblies.. but would prefer they where British rather than the EU ones that are being set up.

I would rather escape the one being pushed through down here (the Arc Manche assembly) fortunately my council has not brought into that one (yet) hence why some have been pushing for a Sussex Parliament.

I really would like to see a better and more united Britain (even if it is federal) to undo the damage being wrought across the land by the know it alls who think they know what is best for everyone without ever asking.
edit on 7/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Seems to me like someone, (the EU), is trying to force some sort of artificial Union upon the good citizens of Sussex and neighbouring areas.
Another example of Eurocrats and carear politicians trying to impose somethiing on the electorate that they have absolutely no mandate to do so.

I would imagine that one of the first referendums held under a Direct Democratic administration would be on continued membership of the EU.

Take the time to read up on the Swiss Model, the power of recall and rolling parliaments and I'm sure you'll recognise the amazing opportunity it would present Britain and the British people.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I certainly will be reading up on the Swiss model...
thanks for the comments

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There's no mystery to Switzerland, really. They have the most open economy in the world and the easiest country in to do business. Any enterprising individual will prosper in t his highly capitalistic society thus fewer people will be enticed to enter politics for the money.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join