It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian

Sounds like your from down south

So are you now

It was unfortunate that the Unionistas held sway mainly in the north, and even more unfortunate that they were not defeated once and for all. We still all suffer from Maggies failing.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yeah Maggie Thatcher.....what a wonderful leader she and the rest of her crackpot squad were......

Up to 4 million unemployed, 2 recessions, record house repossesions / business closures / bankruptcies, closing the pits which screwed the North up well and truly, hyper inflation, sold off nationalised industry and she broke up the unions...then there was the poll tax......but worst of all (take a deep breath).......

SHE STOLE MY MILK!!!!

But no, she was a wonderful lovely lady........bloody Southerners ey, if it's past Birmingham who gives a toss!

EDIT: To say, no government has done a very good job of running the show, but I tell you what, we are far better off when the Tories aren't in power.
edit on 30/8/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Birmingham??

Try the M25 mate..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I stand corrected........hey, lets start a petition to de-evolve from the south, the Scots and the Welsh did it. and they are loving it, lol.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

I'm from Manchester originally actually and have lived at the lower end of the food chain. You must be from north of the border I am guessing where you get £1600 more per head spent on you out of public funds than those down south.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Your just annoyed because up north the dole queue's are longer so it takes longer to get your White Lightning money. Grow some self responsibility FFS and stop expecting everyone to pay for your living. Bring back labour and we will be bankrupted again, then see how bad it gets my man.

Why do people not understand the term, LIVE BY YOUR MEANS.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by nake13

Err, no you wouldn't....and I doubt very much that I, like the majority of people in England - certainly North East England where I live, have benefitted anything from North Sea Oil.

Yes, we should be proud of our individual national identities but it's time that we concentrated on the many things that unite us rather than the few things that divide and take this Union and turn into something to be proud of instead of the cesspit of greed, corruption and injustice it is becoming, again.

And equally no one in my neck of the woods on the Southern coast (or in the rest of Britain) will benefit from the hundreds of millions of barrels oil they're extracting from the ancient woodland around here (nor will we see a penny from any of the other sites they are currently drilling)

And like you would like to see something in this nation we can be proud of instead of this cesspool of greed..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

So are you now

It was unfortunate that the Unionistas held sway mainly in the north, and even more unfortunate that they were not defeated once and for all. We still all suffer from Maggies failing.

And why am i? Because the day before i left school 300 000 working men were laid off in the north west, shipyards,plesey and tate and lyle all shut down in the same week so i did what that wonderfull example of a human being mr tebbit told us to do i got on my bike.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

So are you now

And why am i? Because the day before i left school 300 000 working men were laid off in the north west, shipyards,plesey and tate and lyle all shut down in the same week so i did what that wonderfull example of a human being mr tebbit told us to do i got on my bike.

Good on you
Wish more Britons would follow your lead instead of wallowing in self pity and blaming every else and and letting East Europeans take all the jobs.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Oh my dear child, I am lucky enough to run my own business, but thanks to the recession and what not, I am struggling at the moment as nobody has the money to pay for my services, I have even reduced my fees to a) keep the business and b) Help those out who need it the most.

I have seen friends and family though, who have worked their whole life, now unemployed and at an all-time low for fear of losing their homes and quality of life...and now Sellafield is shutting down quicker than ever, thousands more are facing hardship, some for the first time in their lives, not your concern though, go back to sipping your tea and eating your crumpets.

As for your White Lightning mumbo jumbo, I'm a whiskey drinker myself, washed down with some John Smiths or Newcastle Brown, I'm not some addidas wearing chav sorts who likes to sit on a park bench.

Goodnight sweet troll, goodnight.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Labour, Conservative?

Both as bad as each other in my book.

Maybe once Labour had the interests of the British people at heart, but not for a long time now.

If you come from the wrong side of town or weren't educated at the right schools it is harder now to 'get on' than it has been for decades.

Succesive governments have put their own personal advancement and gain before the well being and interests of the British people.
When allied too a system that promotes the adhesion to party line and doctrine over personal conviction it has all contributed to a process that neither helps or supports the cares and concerns of the majority of the population.

Yes, this government inherited a mess from the previous administration, and they seem hell bent on outdoing Blair etc in their incompetence and corruption and are intent on taking us back to the Victorian dark ages.
But Labour supporters will rightly say that they inherited a financial and amoral mess from their predecessors who of course inherited a mess from the incompetent Callaghan and Wilson administrations.

And so the circle continues.

At some point we have to say enough of this bollocks and try to start afresh and start righting some wrongs!

Party allegiance in Parliament should be abolished and the power of recall given to the electorate in addition to an increased use of both national and local referendums would give a fairer representation of the electorates wishes instead of allowing the corrupt elite to persue their agendas against the wishes and well being of the British people.

As for the north / south divide, people from middle England have little comprehension of the realities of life outside of their own little bubble and the destuction that has been wreaked on our communities.
edit on 30/8/11 by Freeborn because: they

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Your complaining about a recession that was facilitated by Labour, yet you blame the Conservatives. The conservatives are cleaning up the mess not creating it. you have answered your own question old timer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Your just annoyed because up north the dole queue's are longer so it takes longer to get your White Lightning money. Grow some self responsibility FFS and stop expecting everyone to pay for your living. Bring back labour and we will be bankrupted again, then see how bad it gets my man.

Why do people not understand the term, LIVE BY YOUR MEANS.

Live by your means?

How are you supposed to do that on £60 a week dole, or a £5.80 an hour job which after the tax robber has looted your wages you are left with £180 out of which comes £110 a week rent, £40 a week food (barely buys you much) £25 a week gas and electric, £20 a week just to get to work, then you have council tax. In fact you end up on a weekly deficit. Live in your means?? What a fkin joke!

And there is no better jobs here than that going.

I myself have had to get a job in Dubai. A couple of thousand miles from my family.

You must live in cloud cuckoo land mate.

Glad I wont be paying taxes to this scum government.
edit on 30-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's the whole system that needs to be brought down, there is no way this dire situation can be resolved at the ballot box. This political system is too thoroughly occupied by these from-the-cradle careerist politicians that seem to - at best - amount to not much more than being well-paid professional busy-bodies. Expecting these type of people to really want to make a difference to a system that they're doing quite nicely out of, is asking a lot.

When the revolution comes it will divide every institution.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Good luck in Dubai,you're well out of it mate,it annoys me no end that in order to make a decent life for ourselves we must seek work overseas,I've been working in Germany for the past year making twice what I could in the UK,believe me I'd much rather be at "home" but salary wise it's a no brainer.Still makes more room for an eastern european I suppose!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

As I own my own business, I earn about half the minimum wage. So I don't waste money.

£25 a week on gas and electric? More like £30 a month
Try turning the lights off.

Edit: though if you're working in Dubai, rather than Devon, I'm sure you can easily afford £250 a month

edit on 30-8-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
To me the fact that Labour became New Labour and moved to the right to appease the more middle ground and abandoning it's traditional support is one of the worst things to happen in British Politics. They abandoned their whole reason to be. Their purpose was to represent the working class's not to cozy up to bankers and join in questionable wars. The neo Liberal agenda of New Labour has much to answer for in this country. But we have been failed by successive governments and now we have a Parliament filled with career politicians, on both sides of the House. They all have been to the same schools and universities and have never been so diss connected from the voting public.

I'm not sure a revolution is the way forward, but times are gonna be changing quicker than any of us have experienced in our lives, who knows how things will turn out over the next few years. It's certainly not going to get any easier for the man on the street for the forseeable future.

I do however feel we need to be positive and try and concentrate on the things we are good at and things we can do to try and get ourselves out of this mess. The blame game is only good for venting frustration, but gets us nowhere.
edit on 30-8-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

As I own my own business, I earn about half the minimum wage. So I don't waste money.

£25 a week on gas and electric? More like £30 a month
Try turning the lights off.

£30 a month??

Bollocks!

What do you do? Just keep the fridge on?

Even paying by direct debit you now have to pay nearly £200 a month. Let me now which power company you use so i can switch.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Even paying by direct debit you now have to pay nearly £200 a month. Let me now which power company you use so i can switch.

I would check your not being over charged.. in the last 3 years I have been overcharged twice (by 2 different energy companies) both overcharged me by around £1000... and the only way to get the cash back is to change supplier so now on the third energy supplier while trying to get my overpayment back.. *shakes fist a profiteering Bs*

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah fuel costs are a joke and funny the increases are set just in time for winter. The banks are still coining it in with interest rates at an all time low and some ppl still paying 6- 8% mortgages. Boom/bust either way they win. The property business, surveyors, estate agents, banks etc are all in to make either way. Artificial boom to hike the prices then bust to clean up after.

Its dumbed down devolution all the way. We are a third world country already. Its a nation of scammers,dog eat dog. Our infrastructure is so old and overcrowded we can't cope with the load. Its a dead end downgraded dump of a country...... and the weathers crap !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join