It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

then try not to start your arguements with the words ''i heard'', its very misleading. but my point stands none-the-less

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

I didn't start it with that. Try to read properly next time. It makes you look stupid.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think you'll find the entire western world needs a revolution.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It's capitalism that needs to be revolutionised methinks. The BBC actually published a piece about how Marx was correct about capitalism yesterday - someone on the comments section said ah BBC - You're brave enough to put this on your website, but will you put it on BBC1 6 o'clock news?

It's a superb article I'd highly recommend a read.

BBC - Karl Marx on Capitalism

Capitalism is inhumane and is a vacuous existence. I can't feed my soul with stuff.

The guys at Jibjab made the point pretty well - and they made this cartoon well before the global financial meltdown of the capitalistic pyramid scheme.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Do you know how easy it is to get drugs round here. Making it legal would actually make it more difficult for under agers to get their hands on any.

They call one of the dealers in my village the 'village polis' because he will not allow anyone to sell heroin. HE has kept it out of our village - not the actual police.

Another dealer who lives locally is involved in dealing on a whole other level. He imports and deals to the dealers. You should see the cars/motor-homes/speed boats etc in his drive. EVERYONE knows what he does - including the authorities . Why don't they touch him? It's policy - pure and simple - keep us drugged up.

The illegal drug trade in this country has kept liquid cash floating round the economy for more than a decade now - dealers don't do visa.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

were not living through capitalism at the moment but corpratism, thats what causes most of our current problems.

While I'm not claiming that capitalism is some magic fix all solution it does work better than corpratism and leaves you freer than communism. ultimatly every political economic system thus far employed has flaws so ultimatly its a case of picking the lesser evil.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I agree look what happened in portugal when they decriminalised drugs, drug abuse dropped through the floor and they went from one of the worst countries in europe for drug related crime to one of the best.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I agree 100% - it is Corporatism - and a hair's breadth from fascism.

Back to the 'mixed economy' - I'll keep saying it. Renationalise essentials and let the city slickers play with everything else.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Im really happy with your views on drug crime , from you and dave .
I have similar ideals , and think that it would also take money away from human trafficking , terrorism and weapon sales overseas.

If drugs were grown , produced , in the UK we could regulate them easily , and shops would have to pay license fees like pubs !
hardcore drugs would be controlled by drug labs , and can be bought , however you cant exceed the recommened legal dosage per month . That way you could take the hardcore drugs recreationally without causing harm to yourself or becoming addicted .

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
anymore policy ideas lol

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

erm...what do we have already?

1. Limit MP's salary.
2. Ban them from sitting on company boards as MP's or for the five years after.
3. Renationalise the railways, gas, electricity and water.

and we've jumped from there to...

4. Legalise all drugs and prostitution.

Possible policy number 5 - how about halting the use of agency staff in the NHS etc.? It's poor value for money. For the employee there's no security and the agency takes most of the dosh. For the e.g. patients there's the continuous revolving unfamiliar array of faces taking care of them.

Possible policy number 6 - how about ending some of these ludicrous so called public/private initiatives. e.g. The new schools built over the past decade. A real shocker. The local authorities used to own the land and the school building. In order to build all of these new schools the genius men of commerce (not) of nu labour had them sell the land to the developer who built the new school and then became the property's landlord. Rent for ever and ever. Isn't that clever. BTW - This is my business - and if we got a deal like that we'd be hugging ourselves for a month.

In the property business in this country the only 'blue chip' tenant around at the moment is actually local authority or government. It is widely considered that any private company could go plop tomorrow and are not good to sign even a ten year lease.

Have I missed any of the policies we've already suggested?
edit on 5-9-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

How about a period of national service for all persons under the age of 23?

Doesn't matter when (maybe after they leave education), as long as they do a couple of years either in the Military or in some sort of Civil engineering corps. Would teach youngun's self discipline and respect.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Doesn't matter when (maybe after they leave education), as long as they do a couple of years either in the Military or in some sort of Civil engineering corps. Would teach youngun's self discipline and respect.

Yeah. Coz that worked wonders for America's Hicksville youth.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

LOL - In Turkey they still have national service. It makes them work like hell when they're students. If you get good passes and a uni place you do your service in admin - if not - you're in the infantry.

I'd have no problem with this Stu - on the strictest condition that the youngsters undertaking national service were not used in any conflict. I have two sons and I would kill rather than have them drafted as cannon fodder.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

What an idiotic suggestion. Have you even bothered to look at NATO rules? NATO abhors conscription (which is what you are suggesting) and it does it for a good reason, a volunteer force is a damn sight better than a forced force. "Civil Engineering Corps?" So we teach our young people that being slaves is ok? Pull the other one.
edit on 5-9-2011 by PW229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I do very much like the idea of a citizens militia, a home guard as it were. and prahaps an opt out alternative for those unfit, unable or unwilling to do there part (such as some sort of community service).

Have people join at 16 just go from there...

edit on 5-9-2011 by monkofmimir because: misread post

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
What an idiotic suggestion.

I was only thinking out loud, no need to jump down my neck!

Have you even bothered to look at NATO rules? NATO abhors conscription (which is what you are suggesting) and it does it for a good reason, a volunteer force is a damn sight better than a forced force.

No it doesn't. Turkey is conscription, Germany up until recently had conscription where you either joined the military or did community service. Greece has conscription as well and in other countries, it remains legal but not active.

"Civil Engineering Corps?" So we teach our young people that being slaves is ok? Pull the other one.

Talk about twisting what I said way out of proportion.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

What an idiotic suggestion. Have you even bothered to look at NATO rules? NATO abhors conscription (which is what you are suggesting) and it does it for a good reason, a volunteer force is a damn sight better than a forced force. "Civil Engineering Corps?" So we teach our young people that being slaves is ok? Pull the other one.

Of course you're very wrong. Turkey's in NATO.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If we continue with this policy list it would be interesting to see in its final form and what kind of government we'd create. We might frighten the lives out of ourselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The power of recall.
Abolish party allegiance and the whip system.
Rolling parliaments with 25% - 33% elected every year.
Increased use of referendums on both local and national issues.
Devolved National Assemblies.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join