It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yep - divide and conquer has been successfully used here for .....how long? Forever it seems. It's a form of thinking that's entrenched. They do say 'where there's water there's a divide.' I've tested that theory - it tends to hold true.

Even now in Scotland - now they don't have Westminster to unite against. The Edinburgh mob don't like the Glasgow mob and vice versa (BTW I'm talking our legal and political fraternity), the Highlanders don't reckon the lowlanders understand them, and the Islanders reckon the mainlanders don't have a clue. *sigh*

We do need a revolution - its about a thousand years overdue.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yep - divide and conquer has been successfully used here for .....how long? Forever it seems. It's a form of thinking that's entrenched. They do say 'where there's water there's a divide.' I've tested that theory - it tends to hold true.

Even now in Scotland - now they don't have Westminster to unite against. The Edinburgh mob don't like the Glasgow mob and vice versa (BTW I'm talking our legal and political fraternity), the Highlanders don't reckon the lowlanders understand them, and the Islanders reckon the mainlanders don't have a clue. *sigh*

We do need a revolution - its about a thousand years overdue.

Judging by the comments it seems that we are more divided than ever before. It fkn sickens me tbh. How the hell did we allow this to keep going?

The divides are regional and attitudes formed are regional too.

Here in the Midlands there is massive dissent and the people are depressed. All of the manufacturing centres have been replaced by yuppie unaffordable housing that stand empty. It is a hotbed of simmering religeous and racial tensions where alien cultures and religions have bought their ancient resentments of each other. Our once prestine streets have become ghettos for every waif and stray on the planet and the kids are uneducated ferals who know they are angry about something, but not quite sure what it is, dont know how to express it so cause trouble, take drugs, get drunk as getting out of their heads is the only way to escape. Their parents are the same too.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Personally from experience around here.. the divide seems to trickle all the way down to a tribal level.. and your right, where there is water a divide seems to exist.

To be honest I'm not sure what the answer is, as it seems we are so divided that rising up against the elite as one people appears almost impossible.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by EvanB

A mixed blessing - Dubai. Good money, but be careful of their laws. I've seen guys get sent down for drug trafficking for having a microscopic amount of weed on their shoelaces...

Good luck, anyway. Shame you had to leave...

Cheers Stu and thanks for the tip, have my laces in bleach as we speak

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by EvanB

All I can suggest is look to move to another part of the country?

Go where the work is, that's what people have always done (Industrial revolution) but it seems lately people expect work on their doorstep. Even my own missus is like that. I have been trying to find her gainful employment for 3 years now as she is stuck at Argos on low pay, but she rejects any job I find which she could do as it involves catching two buses or two trains....

Personally, I've worked in Wales, Cornwall, London, Essex.. I know people liek the area's where they live, but you have to make a choice.

Ive had to go to another extreme and have a job in Dubai.

Its easy to say "move" but when you do not have resources to do that yoy are pretty much stuck where you are. I too have worked all over the country, the world even, but not having the means to travel and have accomadation makes you stuck in a virtua prison.

I have been fortunate by the fact that I am good at what I do, but I am still having to rely on my company to get me to my work abroad or I would not be able to do it.

Totally agree.. im actually waiting for my cousin to get back to me about a job in Abu Dhabi hopefully!!

May see you around then. Im working all over the Middle East so if you see a blike in a suit with a tin foil hat on and a posh brummy accent then say hi

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by christina-66

Personally from experience around here.. the divide seems to trickle all the way down to a tribal level.. and your right, where there is water a divide seems to exist.

To be honest I'm not sure what the answer is, as it seems we are so divided that rising up against the elite as one people appears almost impossible.

This is where I hope the Arthur legend is true and Arturus Rex returns, unites us and rids the land of the oppressor lol

I laugh but I hope too.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

if only it were true , those would be intersting times indeed.
completely off topic however , in what form would a modern arthur take ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Jeremy Clarkson? He would unite the people like no other! lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by EvanB

if only it were true , those would be intersting times indeed.
completely off topic however , in what form would a modern arthur take ?

Hopefully the same one.

Armour clad warriors, embossed shields, the Pendragon banner flying, talons, fiery breath and teeth flapping in the wind. They form a shield wall and move forward towards westminster.

The riot police would run a mile if they had to face a proper sheild wall lol. Apparantly they were the scariest place to be on earth.

That or I have read way too much Bernard Cornwall lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

didnt the blair administration bring in legislation to say that a non vote is a vote for the government thats in power at the time, not sure, just remember hearing it somewere

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

hmm I heard that somewhere before as well , however have you noticed that we dont even have a vote of no confidence in any political party on offer !

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Sadly I have always believed he was a Romano Christian Leader that supported the Pope rather than a Leader that wanted a Britain free of a corrupt elite (I really would like the myth tho.. it would be nice to believe in something like that)

But It is an interesting topic if you drop behind the scenes and look at the players beliefs then whole thing changes dramatically with Arthurian figure on the Roman side.. while the much maligned Vortigern is said to have been a Pelagian Christian that opposed both Roman law and Roman Christianity.. hence in my opinion why (truthful or not) his leadership is maligned.

An interesting character to follow is Pelagius who's confrontation with St Augustine of Hippo laid the foundation of the Roman Church we know today, also interesting are the visits to Britain of St Germanus of Auxerre who was tasked with ridding these Isles of Pelagianism.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

maybe we should all form the 'ATS party' and run for government, although the media would probably portay us as a bunch of crackpots and we wouldnt get very far lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

that isnt such a bad idea , however teh ATS members have a very broad spectrum of political ideologies !

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by DangerDeath

A mighty army? well, we got our a*ses well and truly kicked when we took on a band of disparate "rebels" and "terrorists" in 1776! Something we seem to have forgotten these days.

You haven't got your asses kicked. Those "rebels" won nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

good point, but doesnt mean we cant come to some kind of agreement about policies lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
They priced our kids out of further education.

They watched the country become bursting at the seams with every waif and stray on the planet, creating huge unemployment, stress on the NHS, housing and public services.

They stoodbye as people up to the age of 37 are now outpriced of gaining a home.

Fuel at £1.37 a litre, food is double it was last year, public transport especially trains are for wealthy elite, 20% VAT, council tax, road tax, income tax, stamp duties, inheritance tax, corperation tax.. Price of heating our homes is going up a staggering 32%!!!

Winter is coming

The government just laugh and watch and preside over the death of this country, the suffering of its citizens, and send our money abroad on wars, and ego driven charitable donations to "poor" countries that have space and nuclear programs!

I could go on and on, but I see no way out it.

And they are not even an elected govt that are doing all this to us.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
good point, but doesnt mean we cant come to some kind of agreement about policies lol

It does, believe me! If I remember rightly you've made some comments in this thread about the loss of identity. Some ATS members don't even believe the English have an identity - that's how varied the worldview is. ATS has contributors of every possible mindset and we'd truly never be able to agree on even a single policy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by yellowbeard

didnt the blair administration bring in legislation to say that a non vote is a vote for the government thats in power at the time, not sure, just remember hearing it somewere

I reckon I heard this sometime back too.

People have abstained from voting because they have no confidence in any of the parties. Every election is a quandary for them - which shower of she-it will get my vote. But now they will just take it if not used, how very democratic I must say.

It annoys me because it seems kinda like cheating - it is stealing and counting votes which citizens haven't used.

There isn't a snowball's chance in Hell of me voting for any of the greedy thieving liars who are the main parties - so now I always vote for some unheard of party, just to use it up. They are not stealing my non-vote.

Then again, I reckon it's all fixed anyway.
edit on 1-9-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Sorry you're wrong as there mate,
You pay tax after your first 4k, which believe me, is tax, and added to national insurance tends to take a fith of your earnings. Having worked 75 hour weeks durring my youth at a couple of arcades (Had to sign away my legal rights to get that job) and been taxed at a higher rate, and can confirm that it only gets worse.

I was never eligable for any of the social benefits labour brought in either.

So having been at the bottom of the pile I can see why some people get angry, but those people need to stop complainming and look at the help that is available. 6 Months on the dole and you can go self employed whilst still being paid the dole for around a year! (Compared to under labour where you would only get any help if you were employing other people...). All those poor long term dolies need to take advantage of the large amount of help that is offered.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join