Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 1
72
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+68 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They priced our kids out of further education.

They watched the country become bursting at the seams with every waif and stray on the planet, creating huge unemployment, stress on the NHS, housing and public services.

They stoodbye as people up to the age of 37 are now outpriced of gaining a home.

Fuel at £1.37 a litre, food is double it was last year, public transport especially trains are for wealthy elite, 20% VAT, council tax, road tax, income tax, stamp duties, inheritance tax, corperation tax.. Price of heating our homes is going up a staggering 32%!!!

Winter is coming

The government just laugh and watch and preside over the death of this country, the suffering of its citizens, and send our money abroad on wars, and ego driven charitable donations to "poor" countries that have space and nuclear programs!

I could go on and on, but I see no way out it.




posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As long as the revolution is not a communist one, I would support major changes to our nation. Starred and flagged, good post OP.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The controllers would just send in the Army, We would also need the Armed forces on our side.

Its A worldwide thing, if the Army sided up with us, they would send the UN in.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
£1.37 a litre....well, if we beat Ghaddafi...we will save a jaw dropping 4p LOL
But that wont last long, the government welcomes hikes in fuel costs, as every penny paid attracts tax! SCUM!
I read in the news the other day about the 4p drop if Ghaddafi is toppled....almost like saying "Wars benefit you, you should support us and we will throw you a few scraps"

Our nation is ruined, there is nothing we can do now. We will become a third world country in the next 50 years) (i know...im optimistic lol)...im pretty sure it has been engineered this way. Make the poor poorer and make the rich richer.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
They are playing a huge game, not just in England but have created a simmering anger against our Scottish and Welsh friends with them not having to pay for prescriptions or tuition fees, and in the case of Alex Salmon, he furthers his own nationalistic cause by tuition fees being waved for EU students but English people have to pay the £9000 a year increase...

And still they watch and laugh



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The armed forces would get onside if the government pushes them too far, you only have to read the forums and encyclopaedia section of the ARRSE (Army Rumour Service-unofficial voice of serving and ex army personnel) to see what they think of our leaders. Either way, any revolution should separate England from the rest of the UK. We get the worst deal, pay the most taxes and take the most abuse out of any nation on this island, it's time we pulled out and watched the Scottish and Welsh big talk come crashing down to the reality of the situation - they are NOTHING without England.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
The armed forces would get onside if the government pushes them too far, you only have to read the forums and encyclopaedia section of the ARRSE (Army Rumour Service-unofficial voice of serving and ex army personnel) to see what they think of our leaders.


Im ex army, and I know a lot of others who have been left for dead by the government when they leave. Word like that filters back to the guys, through their families, moms etc who are going through the same crap.

The forces would not side with the government, but I think the police would if it ever happened.
edit on 30-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Fuel at £1.37 a litre, food is double it was last year, public transport especially trains are for wealthy elite, 20% VAT, council tax, road tax, income tax, stamp duties, inheritance tax, corperation tax.. Price of heating our homes is going up a staggering 32%!!!

I could go on and on, but I see no way out it.



That description could be from Denmark. We got election 15. September, and i cant find any one realy worth a vote.

- They all support "war on terror" and "invasionwars" for peace.
- They want more empire and EU regulations (most of them).
- They ignore questions in TV and answer with the usual spin.
- They ignore the real problems in the world.....should put pressure on Japan + offer assistance to do more around Fukushima.
- They introduce all sorts of ridicolous taxes, like "fat-tax", those you mention and others.

We could probably fill 1000s of pages with the new taxes
edit on 30-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Your first clue should have been the vast wide open and empty spaces dotted with mansions and castles while millions of people were herded in to London like cattle.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by Swanfilters
The armed forces would get onside if the government pushes them too far, you only have to read the forums and encyclopaedia section of the ARRSE (Army Rumour Service-unofficial voice of serving and ex army personnel) to see what they think of our leaders.


Im ex army, and I now a lot of others who have been left for dead by the government when they leave. Word like that filters back to the guys, through their families, moms etc who are going through the same crap.

The forces would not side with the government, but I think the police would if it ever happened.


As we have seen from recent weeks, any opposition from the police could be defeated by tactically placed 13 year olds, armed with looted trainers.

Having said that, the police are going to take big cuts, big job losses, and as the recession gets worse, their workload may get bigger. They still have time to come onside yet. I'm sure most would, they are decent enough people.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
To be fair, undergraduate degrees have been devalued over the past 20 years to the extent that most are worthless. Perhaps it's a good thing we have less people going to university...

And by the way, the current state of the UK is the legacy of Tony Blair and New Labour, not the current government.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Your first clue should have been the vast wide open and empty spaces dotted with mansions and castles while millions of people were herded in to London like cattle.



Actually those in the midlands, north west and north east have been left for dead by london and we are the majority.

London gets the best of everything whilst the rest of the country is left to rot.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
To be fair, undergraduate degrees have been devalued over the past 20 years to the extent that most are worthless. Perhaps it's a good thing we have less people going to university...

And by the way, the current state of the UK is the legacy of Tony Blair and New Labour, not the current government.


No doubt about it, but I'm afraid it's a case of "This is the new government, same as the old one". All self serving, self servicing careerists who couldn't give a toss about us.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
To be fair, undergraduate degrees have been devalued over the past 20 years to the extent that most are worthless. Perhaps it's a good thing we have less people going to university...

And by the way, the current state of the UK is the legacy of Tony Blair and New Labour, not the current government.


I agree that degrees have been dumbed down, but the rot is a continuation of all governments from the eighties who have just carried on the political programs from successive gocernments.

They ALL piss in the same pot. There is no difference in any of the parties.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We certainly need radical reform.

What amazes me is that despite the large increase in utility bills and food and clothing costs inflation remains at 4.4%.

Those that have been lucky enough to get wage increases are invariably index linked.

Those fortunate to have jobs are working harder and longer for less.

This country is going backwards.

Cameron is determined to take us back to Victorianesque times with all the social injustices and inequalities that went with it.

It is time to abolish the unrepresentative and corrupt party politcal system and adopt a system that puts the cares and concerns of the people of this country first and gives power to the elctorate.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147
 




And by the way, the current state of the UK is the legacy of Tony Blair and New Labour, not the current government.


Whilst he and his administation certainly contributed to the current state of affairs I would say that every single government since at least Heath has been guilty of self-advancement and personal gain, the erosion of British sovereignty and the wilful deconstruction of anything that was good with British society and replacing it with mediocrity.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
We certainly need radical reform.

What amazes me is that despite the large increase in utility bills and food and clothing costs inflation remains at 4.4%.

Those that have been lucky enough to get wage increases are invariably index linked.

Those fortunate to have jobs are working harder and longer for less.

This country is going backwards.

Cameron is determined to take us back to Victorianesque times with all the social injustices and inequalities that went with it.

It is time to abolish the unrepresentative and corrupt party politcal system and adopt a system that puts the cares and concerns of the people of this country first and gives power to the elctorate.



I could not agree more, but replacing the sitting government on both sides of the house (which i believe is needed) would indeed take an "English spring" for it to happen.

It seems that the aftermath after such a spring could be worse than before.

We are damned if we do and damned if we dont.

But no way, anytime soon will i be cap in hand to m'lud and thanking him very kindly for an extra sliver of coal.
edit on 30-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
it's time we pulled out and watched the Scottish and Welsh big talk come crashing down to the reality of the situation - they are NOTHING without England.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)


You are right there,it is time that you and the rest of the parasites who have benefited from Scotland's oil revenue"pulled out",we would be a far better country without you.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Whats the point of a revolution, history has shown us the working man very rarely benefits from revolting.
Only the middle classes seem to benefit from such acts, as they will become the new elite.
All that will happen is that we will be changing one master for another, and maybe we'll get one that won't even pretend we are free.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.





new topics

top topics



 
72
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join