It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainstorm positive energy alternatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have been battling with a lot of stray thoughts lately, when drawing random sketches my mind keeps diverting into conceptualising alternative energy systems/machines and how they would work. Unfortunately I’m very limited in terms of my scientific prowess but still would like to at least see if we as a collective could come up with at the very least some tangible ideas that might just spark something.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the subject of science at ATS which is useful but who is to say it takes a great mathematical formula or scientific mind to make that feasible alternative energy a reality. It seems a lot of major discoveries come from something simple, for instance the wheel and gravity, so, perhaps we are looking to far ahead that we miss something simple right under our nose that could change the world for the better.

I guess I should say how I’m defining alternative energy. Anything that is safer, does less damage to the earth and could help us with anything from running a car to powering a watch. I know there are various ideas among even more conspiracies but rather than just pointing to these or saying how this and that has been covered up why don’t we brainstorm our own ideas. It’s all good waiting for someone else to get their idea out but we can try to contribute ourselves. So hopefully that said people will put their own thoughts into the topic and feed of each other’s ideas.

So ideally I would prefer this topic not to go into cover up type stuff but rather thoughts no matter how simple they might be and even questions others might be able to answer. Also if you have an extensive understanding of things like formula and terminology please also try to give a brief idea for others like me who might not understand what is being said.

By the way, just so we are clear. If something does look promising, feel free to put me in the firing line of the energy barons as long as you lot make it happen lol. Keep things positive and remember we are thinking of ideas so no need to argue or put people down for sharing suggestions, so if you have an idea why not brainstorm.

Think outside the box, dismantle it, break it, open it and do with it as you please.
edit on 30-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Without trying to sound like a total pot-head, I say we make hemp legal and use hemp oil as a alternative to petrolem products and paper. This is a great renewable resource, as it grows quickly and does not have a limited supply.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wind and wave power isn't being tapped properly in my opinion. What a waste of energy. I thought of large roof panels covered in tiny windmills, then I googled for a bit and found this.

www.reuk.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I was looking around my house the other day, i noticed that there are a few ways I could maybe tap into water and maybe the motor on my washer or dryer to gain energy that could be stored. For example the dryer is turning a load already, i think i could add a small motor or generator or something to it and store that energy for use later. Is this even possible.?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

That sounds like a great idea, no to mention add health benefit of more greenery and medicinal plants. I don’t understand what properties are in hemp that make it useful for so many products compared to other plants though?

I actually believe that we should be building at least parts of our houses from trees, I mean surely we can mould them around structures and I’m sure once the technology started to grow we could do much of what is done today with brick and mortar
reply to post by wigit

Wow already a bunch of great ideas, I think it would be amazing having mini windmills on our houses, perhaps solar panels could even be put on the blades to add extra power?
edit on 30-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD's, and your endocrine system is where you should begin researching. Some of the properties of the many beneficial chemicals include anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory(helps arthritis, asthma, and general pain), anti-bacterial. Hemp seeds are also a rich source of simple chain amino acids and a very good source of good fats.

Henry Ford made a car from hemp and it also ran on hemp ethanol!
edit on 30-8-2011 by smokeythabear because: elaboration

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Find a way to absorb the suns energy.

Or we can just live without it. Electricity i mean. When it comes down to it man.. All i really want, is to get laid, eat a lot of food, and just be in love. Stay close to the energy inside all of us, connecting all of us to God.

Hydrogen is the way to go.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by semanynammai
Find a way to absorb the suns energy.

Or we can just live without it. Electricity i mean. When it comes down to it man.. All i really want, is to get laid, eat a lot of food, and just be in love. Stay close to the energy inside all of us, connecting all of us to God.

Hydrogen is the way to go.

Actually I was drawing ideas of gathering from the sun and the sun seems like a huge waste of energy at the moment. I’m thinking light waves... what about frequencies. From what I understand everything resonates at a certain frequency, what if those frequencies could be used as an energy source, perhaps even Wi-Fi, radio signals etc could help power electronic devices. I’m not sure how hard it would be to convert frequencies into an energy source like electricity but it is certainly abundant.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Shoes you throw two AA batteries in them. While you walk around all day they recharge the AA batteries.

I think a 7th grader could make those shoes for a science project. Yet the world doesn't have them.

China could light up it's cities at night, with shoes like that on 1.3 Billion people walking around all day.

Use a Joule Thief circuit and a LED and those 2 AA batteries would light up a room for days....before you have to go walking again. You really need to read about the Joule Thief Circuit or watch the Youtube videos on it.

Revolutionizes lighting.

XL5

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have two ideas about energy storage. The first is that 100% hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) can be made with water and ozone (H2O + O3). The second is an aluminium battery. The aluminium would be an alloy with some small amount of gallium to keep the surface of it oxide free. The electrolyte would be hydrogen peroxide. Then you are left with aluminium oxide and gallium, you can heat the aluminium oxide and return it to aluminium again or you "might" be able to charge it again. I have heard its more energy dense than lithium batteries.

Since I don't have any gallium or 100% H2O2, I can't test it. Even if I could find them, I don't really have the money to buy them, though, I do have the time to test it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

That's easy. Piezomagnetic crystals in close association with piezoelectric crystals.

The piezomagnetic crystals vibrate when the magnetic field changes (which happens constantly like the tides) and they cause the piezoelectric crystals to vibrate which generates electricity.

Piezomagentic effect and piezoelectric effect.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

How much vibration though? Also would the vibration be noticeable on a watch for instance?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
reply to post by Pimander

How much vibration though? Also would the vibration be noticeable on a watch for instance?

This paper explains the technology.

Piezoelectric and piezomagnetic materials are common transducer materials. They used to be used separately. Recently, various composites and laminates of piezoelectric and piezomagnetic materials have been developed. *snip* Potentially these new materials and structures can be used for magnetic field sensors, current sensors, energy harvesters, transformers, and ME filters, as well as phase shifters.
*snip*
It is shown (in the work covered by the article) that such a structure can be used to harvest magnetic energy and convert it to electric energy.
(emphasis Pimanders)

APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 95, 013511 (2009)

So we already have technologies that can harvest magnetism. Imagine the possibilities if we could run arrays of these to power everyday devices. No plug required.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It all depends on what you want the energy for.
Say for cars and airplanes we need force from energy which
has been proven to have a great advantage yet not available officially.

For home and factory electricity and heating from electricity
there are 50kw generators known to exist based on charge
generation as such a current source as sun cells are but
without the need for the sun.

There are also electrical accumulators from the air that might
have been developed beyond what has been suggested.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Honestly?

The problem isn't energy. The problem is consumption. For reasons I do not entirely understand, human beings suddenly developed this massive vendetta against Gravity, wind, and countless other natural forces by building houses and tall buildings that just scream profanities at Nature.

From an engineering standpoint, this is insanity. Much of your power consumption goes toward pumping heat out of your house in the summer and into your house in the winter. The ground, on the other hand, remains around 60 degrees, year-round - not a far cry from where most people feel comfortable to begin with. The ground does not get wiped out by F-5 Tornadoes like nearby Joplin, Missouri; interestingly enough.

So, being an engineer... I look at the ground, and I ask "why are we building houses to stand above it?" Sure - there are practical uses for such buildings - but it makes far more sense for your living spaces and crucial infrastructure to be below ground, rather than above it.

Geo-thermal, however, is a power source that seems to have fallen by the way-side, recently. I'm not quite sure why - but it seems to be a very practical source of power for many areas, limited only by how deep one can practically drill (determined by a number of factors).

Genetically modified plants or bacteria cultures (designed to have a symbiotic relationship with a similarly engineered plant) could provide ambient lighting in a number of locations (without being reliant upon an electric infrastructure - making them particularly useful for public lighting purposes). I would imagine we could also make some interesting plants that could be planted above subterranean dwellings; the leaf systems undergoing photosynthesis and a tuber system that stores energy and attempts to maintain a given temperature by metabolizing sugars and releasing heat (sort of like an "organic climate control system").

I find the potential for 'organic machines' to be quite interesting. I know a number on these forums are turned off by genetic engineering - but I think it will open up some very interesting alternatives as time goes on. If you have a plant that, literally, acts as a lighting system and another that acts as a heater (in an environment that, if anything, you are likely going to find more chilly than you like) - you don't need to use electricity for those things - or not nearly to the extent you would, otherwise.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Must agree that energy efficiency is far more practical and do-able than coming up with new ways of producing more energy more cheaply to support our wasteful lifestyles in the 'developed' world.

I've long intended to construct a house at least partly underground for exactly the energy efficiency you mentioned (essentially constant ground temperature) but the idea hits a few snags when examined closely. The fireproof nature is a big plus in an area prone to bushfires . Things like acquiring a suitable stable piece of land, damp-proofing, reliable long-term drainage in all forseeable weather, building material strong enough to cope with the inevitable ground movements (reinforced concrete preferably pre-cast sections) adds up to some serious expense for starters then there's the need for forced ventilation to prevent heavier-than-air gases like carbon dioxide building up inside and even some limited concerns about more insidious gases like radon, radon daughters from certain soil & rock types. All the things that are mitigated by constructing above ground.

Still, one day maybe.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Any one ever see this:
www.google.com...
Tesla Manifesto
www.tesla-coil-builder.com...
Click on the pamphlet and read the writing across the bottom:
Burning atmospheric nitrogen by high frequency discharges 12 million volts.
And we do know Tesla could make 12M volts to compare.
And what does society do with Nitrogen, lets scientists play
with liquid Nitrogen. The farthest away from its intended use by Tesla.

There are many examples of society telling us incorrect things about
Tesla such as the flying machine is all about voltage and charge induction
and nothing about magnetism in the front end control of force for motion.
So we give Tesla a measure of magnetism. How many times do we need
to hear that and nothing about burning Nitrogen for power. There has to
be hundreds of power generation devices the Tesla way which mean we
will not be knowing of them if locked in vaults gathering dust while the
carbon rights people want to make a market selling rights the do things
the non Tesla way and get rich for nothing but suppressing Tesla power
discoveries.

new topics

top topics

join