It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG event in 5 days! .......(supposedly)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Totally one of those people . I got the idea that those types are like psycological surveys done by students or professionals to see how people react . They are not worth the time or efford to respond to unless you want to get up your posts to 200

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Why make an announcement on a fringe website hours before something happens?

If you know something is gonna happen that could injure or kill people, you say it as soon as possible.

If you believe the 'Lone Gunmen' episode conspiracy, you should play out the scenario years in advance in fictional form as an episode in a spin off to a far more successful series, that only a fraction of the original audience will see, and even fewer people will understand is a desperate warning of what is to come. Cos that'll really help.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
For how high up this Bluecoat guy claims he was / is
he sure is a terrible speller.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So.....another doomsday is almost here huh? **taps fingernails on desk and rolls eyes** Tic TocTic Toc......

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by Extraterrestrial Agenda
The predicted event will happen on September 3rd at 10:37 AM EST.

whoops. Did something slip someones mind for this morning? Did I miss something? [/quote

The power went out at my place at that exact time.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Guys, guys... I am not trying to defend the man, he could be (and he most probably is) someone who's trying to have fun here. But, he didn't say nothing about no doomsday, and the Bluecoat guy is an impostor. The original OP said that he didn't throw any predictions and that Bluecoat is an impostor.

So, all we have here is a guy who claimed he travels hundreds of light years through space and that's it. No predictions, no doom, nothing.

Now, my take on all this... is that this guy is either real (I give that 1% chance) or that he's someone who knows exactly the right buttons to press to get people to talk about him on the web for a while. I can't deny that he knows what he's doing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

This is the sort of thing that should be on a science fiction website. I could barely get through this "information. i tried my damndest to be objective as i want to give differing ideas a chance but this is the sort of stuff that ends up wasting peoples time. There are so many other things people could be researching or checking out. This is why I have to take extended breaks from ATS. As i said, i try to be objective but some things are just too outlandish to be taken seriously.
I think it's very dangerous when people start using words like "Fact" and "truth" when talking about things we have no way of knowing are, indeed, "factual" or "truthful". ATS is lucky to have a number of people who are able to discern whats real versus what is patently unreal, but they are in the minority.
Too many of your average citizens will believe damn near anything they are told. Once a statement becomes "fact" to such a person it spreads like a disease and infects others. This is how old wives tales and urban legends are propagated. For example, look at the "2012 Mayan prophecy" subject. It has become "mainstream" , with average, everyday people -who know absolutely nothing about the Mayans or their calendar- talking about the end of the world.
I worked in the Juvenile justice field for the Department of Youth Services and had one of the inmates, a 16 year old girl, come to me scared because she heard "In 2012 the Mayans are gunna end the world [sic]".
The same happens when people start spreading around "facts" about a subject despite the truth, or the REAL facts. The general populace learns whatever salacious bit of "fact" they hear. Rumors are not reality.
An even better example is the "9/11 Loose Change" video. Though factually wrong and proven to be so, more people believe the "9/11 conspiracy" because of it. They are not "truthers" (or whatever those who subscribe to that story wish to call themselves) just regular people who heard and saw these "facts" and that is all they need. It doesn't matter if the claims have been shot down or debunked. They believe it.
One of the best examples is Oliver Stone's "JFK". He told a good story and it's a great movie.But it's fiction. Historic fiction? yes. But still... just fiction. Yet people believe what was in the movie and took what they saw as fact. The line between fact and fiction was blurred. For many people the line wasn't simply blurred, it was nonexistent.
Or let's take "The Davinci code". Dan Browns hugely popular work of fiction. Yet people believe what he wrote was true, despite it being shown to be only partially based in reality.

www.debunkingdavinci.com...

People are drawn to Bold statements. But being BOLD doeesn't make it any more true. People are convinced of the "truth" of a claim by emotive words and false analogies, Both are time tested tactics and both work on your average person. Why do you think Celebrity rumor and gossip is such a hot topic? People WANT to believe these things.

“When something momentous happens, everything leading up to and away from the event seems momentous, too. Even the most trivial detail seems to glow with significance,” -Arthur Goldwag

People have some base need for certainty, control and simplicity. In many ways it easier to believe a conspiracy theory. Our brain is wired to find patterns in the randomness of things. (ex: shapes in clouds) Agenticity, Confirmation bias, hindsight bias

www.scientificamerican.com...

(Episode 148 of South Park says it better than I ever could. But basically, the real conspiracy is that the government WANTS you to think it was a conspiracy because it makes them look all-powerful i.e. capable of pulling-off a plot that is IMPOSSIBLE to pull-off.)

To me, one of the great conspiracies of all time are the conpiracy theorists themselves. Many so called "authorities" on many such "conspiracies" are doing what they do for one simple reason: money.
You or i may be interested in conspiracies, do research, read or buy books, attend lectures (for a fee), etc. But it's just like "The Secret" or Tony Robbins, or Joel Osteen (and the other Mega Church "pastors"). They are using some "secret knowledge" to get you to part with your money.

i don't mean to color ALL "conspiracy theorists" in this way. Please, don't get me wrong. Nor am I condemning all conspiracy theories. But SOME are pure garbage.
BE A SKEPTIC. ALWAYS BE A SKEPTIC.
Blind belief in what one tells you is a recipe for disaster.
I hope people continue to question and continue to search for truth. But there is a fine line to walk in doing so. There are, indeed, conspiracies out there. We should discuss. But we should refrain from calling things "Fact" or "truth" without anything to back them up.

edit on 08/25/2011 by MuchTooSerious because: typos

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The "Big Event" could be TS Lee....its big to the people under it anyway...half the State of Louisana is at the campground down the road from me
edit on 3-9-2011 by gandamack2 because: dawgsbaine

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
**Putting on my ATS tinfoil hat**

Lets say Captin S. from the origanal GLP thread is the real deal. And the Bluecoat2 fella are actually the same guy. Well shortly after the announcment of the ...errr.. announcment, the website that bluecoat2 was posting on required that you become a full member to even see the post. But the real problem was that no one could register to their site. A few members here, including myself, tried to create an account there but it kept saying "database error." Well now anyone can check it out ,no problem. So that stuck me as strange, because the message said specificlly that to view the discusion boards, you had to be a member. So why would someone go through the trouble of creating that error message if it was never true that you have to be a member to view threads?....hmmmm...
And shortly after the thread was available again some guy goes on to GLP claiming HE was the origanal OP, but he was on vacation or mission( he said he was doing both)

So (still wearing ATS foil hat) Maybe TPTB tried to block people from seeing his "Bluecoat2" message and when it wasnt working they put a dis info angent onto GLP to discredit the "Bluecoat2" fella.

(Taking ATS tin foil hat off now)

So just some good ole conspiracy theroy talk for ya.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
oookaay, the question is, "are we there yet?"

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Good point

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuchTooSerious

This is the sort of thing that should be on a science fiction website. I could barely get through this "information. i tried my damndest to be objective as i want to give differing ideas a chance but this is the sort of stuff that ends up wasting peoples time. There are so many other things people could be researching or checking out. This is why I have to take extended breaks from ATS. As i said, i try to be objective but some things are just too outlandish to be taken seriously.

I think it's very dangerous when people start using words like "Fact" and "truth" when talking about things we have no way of knowing are, indeed, "factual" or "truthful". ATS is lucky to have a number of people who are able to discern whats real versus what is patently unreal, but they are in the minority.
Too many of your average citizens will believe damn near anything they are told. Once a statement becomes "fact" to such a person it spreads like a disease and infects others. This is how old wives tales and urban legends are propagated.

For example, look at the "2012 Mayan prophecy" subject. It has become "mainstream" , with average, everyday people -who know absolutely nothing about the Mayans or their calendar- talking about the end of the world.

("Believing a lie and reacting to the untruth is a form of insanity")

To me, one of the great conspiracies of all time are the conpiracy theorists themselves. Many so called "authorities" on many such "conspiracies" are doing what they do for one simple reason: money.
You or i may be interested in conspiracies, do research, read or buy books, attend lectures (for a fee), etc. But it's just like "The Secret" or Tony Robbins, or Joel Osteen (and the other Mega Church "pastors"). They are using some "secret knowledge" to get you to part with your money.
i don't mean to color ALL "conspiracy theorists" in this way. Please, don't get me wrong. Nor am I condemning all conspiracy theories. But SOME are pure garbage.

("Not all theories are conspiracies, and not all conspiracies are theories")
edit on 4-9-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

It's been five days.

Nothing happened.

So what am I supposed to do with all this canned tuna ?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

It's been five days.

Nothing happened.

So what am I supposed to do with all this canned tuna ?

mix it with some pasta shells, cream, etc, place into a large baking tray and cover with cheese.

nom nom nom tuna bake

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Fail post and prediction\

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
**Putting on my ATS tinfoil hat**

Lets say Captin S. from the origanal GLP thread is the real deal. And the Bluecoat2 fella are actually the same guy. Well shortly after the announcment of the ...errr.. announcment, the website that bluecoat2 was posting on required that you become a full member to even see the post. But the real problem was that no one could register to their site. A few members here, including myself, tried to create an account there but it kept saying "database error." Well now anyone can check it out ,no problem. So that stuck me as strange, because the message said specificlly that to view the discusion boards, you had to be a member. So why would someone go through the trouble of creating that error message if it was never true that you have to be a member to view threads?....hmmmm...
And shortly after the thread was available again some guy goes on to GLP claiming HE was the origanal OP, but he was on vacation or mission( he said he was doing both)

So (still wearing ATS foil hat) Maybe TPTB tried to block people from seeing his "Bluecoat2" message and when it wasnt working they put a dis info angent onto GLP to discredit the "Bluecoat2" fella.

(Taking ATS tin foil hat off now)

So just some good ole conspiracy theroy talk for ya.

There was/is a post on chaniproject that because of too much traffic they had to limit access only to members for a short time.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Its got nothing to do with the doomsday.

Its supposed to be good news. Of course nothing will happen and the revelation will be silly or even more likely, some kind of religious tripe about how god will save us all.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well, at the end of the day tomorrow, I'll be able to add this to my growing list of "CONCRETE" "BREAKING" and "SENSATIONAL" predictions that I've seen on ATS, none of which has come true.

I still remain hopeful.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
So.....another doomsday is almost here huh? **taps fingernails on desk and rolls eyes** Tic TocTic Toc......

This is not actually a doomsday prediction and that is why many are hoping that the prediction will be true. You haven't read the OP of bluecoat, haven't you?

Anyway, we have 6 more hours before touchdown.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
5 days on from the OP (6 if you include the 30th Aug) 7.0 EQ in Vanuatu and several other big EQs in surrounding area............is the prediction a win or just coincidence?

www.washingtonpost.com...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

edit on 4-9-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join