It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG event in 5 days! .......(supposedly)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
. One would think that someone with a career like that, would at least know how to spell bologna (he spells it baloney).

Actually "baloney" is a regional spelling.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
. One would think that someone with a career like that, would at least know how to spell bologna (he spells it baloney).

Actually "baloney" is a regional spelling.

Really? Wow, that is cool, and I take back my comment concerning that word. Still the spelling and grammar was something that stood out to me initially, but after someone else commented about how plenty of very successfully people have issues with spelling and grammar, I changed my tune somewhat and understood that point. Interesting tib-bit though about regional spelling of bologna/baloney. I may have to research that further. So, exactly what "region" spells it this way? I figured that since he was in the US Navy, he would spell it the American way to spell it, which would be Oscar Mayer's way of spelling it....My bologna has a first name and it's B-O-L-O-G-N-A.
But maybe this is a key to who this guy is? I mean, I know we have bases in other countries and all, but maybe that spelling can tune us into where this guy is from. Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Bluecoat2- We've lost a team on Jupiter today. Two of them were close friends.

how exactly does one lose "a team ON Jupiter" when Jupiter is a gas giant and we aren't even sure it has a solid core, let alone know what it's made of.

Jupiter is composed primarily of gaseous and liquid matter.

Jupiter's upper atmosphere is composed of about 88–92% hydrogen and 8–12% helium by percent volume or fraction of gas molecules (see table to the right). Since a helium atom has about four times as much mass as a hydrogen atom, the composition changes when described as the proportion of mass contributed by different atoms. Thus the atmosphere is approximately 75% hydrogen and 24% helium by mass, with the remaining one percent of the mass consisting of other elements. The interior contains denser materials such that the distribution is roughly 71% hydrogen, 24% helium and 5% other elements by mass. The atmosphere contains trace amounts of methane, water vapor, ammonia, and silicon-based compounds. There are also traces of carbon, ethane, hydrogen sulfide, neon, oxygen, phosphine, and sulfur. The outermost layer of the atmosphere contains crystals of frozen ammonia.[15][16] Through infrared and ultraviolet measurements, trace amounts of benzene and other hydrocarbons have also been found

Source

I mean, is it that much to expect some special navy space pilot to know the basics of Jupiter.

Now if he had of said "in" instead of "on" I'd still call him a BS artist.

P.S.

Do we really need a thread telling us this guy is going to say something in a week? Can't we wait til he says something? Or do we just need the fill the board with useless random crap to feel good about ourselves?

edit on 30-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

..."...fill the board with useless random crap..."...

If one were to go through every topic posted here at ATS since its inception I'm guessing more than 50% would be "useless random crap". Just think about all the posts (crap) heralding something happening on such and such date which never materializes....

SO, what's one more ?
edit on 2-9-2011 by eNaR because: Corrected it's to its.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just a thought about bluecoats "anouncement".
Maybe he's getting married.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
For ChachiArcola....

If I could star you a hundred times I would. What you have just said, could go for
many threads posted on ATS. I feel bad that many just don't get it! If someone
does not like a thread...just move on.
edit on 2-9-2011 by AlternateEnding because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by willnot

The site you give say's much does it not????? especially when the Forum is read, but then that's only a hypothetical guess

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Extraterrestrial Agenda

T-minus 91/2 hours...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Someone called Captain S has apparently posted on GLP claiming to be the OP of the original thread and said he would continue posting under the original username soon. He also said that the person posting as Bluecoat2 on the CHANI site about the same subject is an impostor.

To be honest, I find it all a bit of a stretch to believe but it's a really great story nonetheless. There isn't much longer to wait anyway, then we'll know if he's telling the truth. A little part of me is actually dying for it to be true.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
So its today? I know its early for the majority of you up there but please keep us posted. I cant wait to hear what this is about.
Ps: Team Jupiter could be just that, a team. With a name. He didnt say they lost Jupiter itself, plus I think we would have noticed. But it could be something near Jupiter...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I agree with some of you when it comes to believing this guy is a total nut job and is just making up this whole countdown up in his/her head. But after seeing all those lights making a huge display over nyc that a lot of people on here are claiming to be "Chinese lanterns". let me tell you this, if you look into how far away those lights have been seen in the sky. there isn't a home made lantern big enough to give off enough light that high up in the air that far away to be seen by people driving down the highway outside of the city. so as much as I want to agree with the skeptics I also want it to be just (if not more) as much.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The plot thickens.

The OP has said he wasnt banned from GLP and the follow up poster on chani is an imposter.

So it was all lies about them losing a team on Jupiter.

"I am the OP of this thread. I apologize for not being able to return as I said I would on August 11th. I did not have access to the internet until just yesterday when I returned home for some much needed R&R. The last mission took much longer than expected. I was never banned from this site. I am currently taking a few days to relax in Key West. I will prove that I am the OP when I return from vacation and I will post to this thread with the original GLP account so it has the OP stamp on it. I return Wednesday evening. I am currently posting from a smartphone which is terribly slow for typing.

I want to make clear that I HAVE NOT posted anything to any other site. Bluecoat or anyone else claiming to be me is an imposter.

Elenin did not break up and is still broadcasting.
A few interesting developments have happened since I last posted. I will explain more when I return and post from my original account Thursday. Don't worry. There is no chance a mission delay will delay my return this time. I am having a much needed break. BTW thanks for all the interest. I am happy the message has gotten out loud and clear thanks to all of you.
"

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
its about 0630 here in NC...
When's this supposed to kick off?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
The plot thickens.

The OP has said he wasnt banned from GLP and the follow up poster on chani is an imposter.

So it was all lies about them losing a team on Jupiter.

"I am the OP of this thread. I apologize for not being able to return as I said I would on August 11th. I did not have access to the internet until just yesterday when I returned home for some much needed R&R. The last mission took much longer than expected. I was never banned from this site. I am currently taking a few days to relax in Key West. I will prove that I am the OP when I return from vacation and I will post to this thread with the original GLP account so it has the OP stamp on it. I return Wednesday evening. I am currently posting from a smartphone which is terribly slow for typing

I want to make clear that I HAVE NOT posted anything to any other site. Bluecoat or anyone else claiming to be me is an imposter.

Elenin did not break up and is still broadcasting.
A few interesting developments have happened since I last posted. I will explain more when I return and post from my original account Thursday. Don't worry. There is no chance a mission delay will delay my return this time. I am having a much needed break. BTW thanks for all the interest. I am happy the message has gotten out loud and clear thanks to all of you.
"

Hi Flyer,
Can you provide a link to this message please?
Like alot of people, I'm disappointed to think the last posts were from an imposter.
I was keen to see what Sunday brought to light!!!
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
original thread

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Follow up thread by the supposed imposter

thechaniproject.com...

Now its come to light that the the person who posted about the imposter has the same name as the OP in the 1st thread but a different user id.

I suppose the forum mods will have to do an ip check to sort it out, this is now getting like a soap!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Cheers for that.
Lol, it IS getting soapdramaish!
I'm off to check it out

Cheers

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Anything yet? What time and time zone? I'm EST

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Now its come to light that the the person who posted about the imposter has the same name as the OP in the 1st thread but a different user id.

I suppose the forum mods will have to do an ip check to sort it out, this is now getting like a soap!

This new user is not the same as OP, if he were he would have the same user id as well, not just screen name.

I can guess what happened. For some reason GLP kicked him out, as he claimed in the thread on the other forum, but regretted the decision seeing as how popular this has become on other forums. In order not to lose traffic to other forums, GLP itself created this new fake OP and posted the message to sort of lure the OP back to GLP because the credibility of Bluecoat2 on the other forum is now slightly diminished.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

I think it was 3pm uk time tomorrow which would be 10am est.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AlternateEnding

Thank you for those words, seriously. I think that you may have been the only person that commented, or even read that post! I think all forums are that way, where people feel the need to comment negatively on a thread they think is stupid. For me, if I am not interested or think the topic is dumb, I don't read or post in the thread. Pretty simple!

Well, based on the most recent time I read on the last page, it said 10:37am EDT, which for me is 7:37am PDT, and that is just under 2 hours away. But with these recent updates and the story taking a turn, I am not sure if the date or time has changed too. Reading some of what has happened with the person's account, made me think that this whole thing is starting to fall apart.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So it seems tomorrow will be the day to find out if his claims in this thread will be a load of BS, which I think it will be.

Just have to wait and see.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join