It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA almost out of funds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
when the next big disaster hits will you be able to get fed help? if not will your insurance cover the damage? do you have insurance? the three big ones that hit the US floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes, yes EQ's do happen but not as often, are your ready to be told " your claim is denied for the reason of... no funds" yes we have heard this before, but not in the state of the economy as it is now.
money.cnn.com...
What is your view will the be no funds when the big one hits? or is it more of the sky is falling , cry wolf, when that is not the case. from the link

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Federal Disaster Relief Fund, the pot of money used to help communities and individuals hit by disasters, is nearly depleted. That's bad news for victims of both Hurricane Irene and other disasters like the tornadoes that hit earlier this year.
so who gets the funds? will it be the home owner or the biz owner? i say the biz. so how much is in the fund account?

Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Craig Fugate said Monday that the agency's fund has fallen to less than $800 million. With less that $1 billion on hand, the agency is only authorized to pay for emergency repairs. That means that long-term projects, like rebuilding roads, schools and other damaged structures in the tornado-ravaged southeastern states and Joplin, Mo., will have to wait.
when a cat 4 or 5 does hit, not a matter of if but when, whose hand will be filled first?
edit on 30-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I would like to point out that Ron Paul mentioned this on Fox news with Chris Wallace. I also did a search of Ron Paul on the CNN article and they didn't mention that a presidential candidate mentioned this.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Ron Paul is running for President??

Most people have homeowner's insurance that doesn't cover floods, some states require mandatory flood insurance, if you have a mortgage, which isn't that bad of an idea considering the type of weather that's been frequently happening.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
what if, god for bid, obama wins... or the Tex gov does then what, and if one hits now, being that it is hurricane season, then what?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
quick, divert some SS funds to it, i told the american people that they could lose their checks if the debt limit was dropped. this wouldnt be lying at all, they cant say i didnt warn them.
personally, i just think thats where they get all the money they use to spend(aside from possible drug/human trafficking) i mean they spent all of the money they bickered about for weeks in 2 days......yet, checks are still being written and cashed so i ask the american people where is ANY of the money being spent right now coming from? its more like we are not given any REAL numbers

fema is federal.... they prolly just want to make it seem like they went all out on irene, and thats just a load of crock. wait, i expect some sort of fema fundraiser

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Apparently the author of this report is unaware of how the US Government budget actually works.

What has to take place for Americans to wake-up to this Dog & Pony show we call an economy.

Well read it again from the very mouth of the ultimate insider Alan Greenspan

"The United States can pay any debt it has because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default" said Greenspan on NBC's Meet the Press ,Sunday , August 7, 2011

FEMA will NEVER run out of money, period.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Fema was only around since the 70s. I wonder what everyone did before then?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

went with out or had the funds to rebuild now it is hurry up and wait, just might be a way of saying " you do not get free money from uncle sam any more, just in case you missed that part

Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Craig Fugate said Monday that the agency's fund has fallen to less than $800 million. With less that $1 billion on hand, the agency is only authorized to pay for emergency repairs. That means that long-term projects, like rebuilding roads, schools and other damaged structures in the tornado-ravaged southeastern states and Joplin, Mo., will have to wait.
so now you better be ready to pay for rebuilding or repairs on your own only state and fed roads, and buildings will get the funds. well the east coast has been told your not FEMA backed.

edit on 30-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
petition for mount weather to be opened up to see where all your tax dollars for fema went to.

people talk about the black budget ad naseum lets put fema and the billions for decades have gone.

AUDIT FEMA!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

and in that you might find CIA funding, fast and furious weapons deals, coffins, receipts for constantine wire (razor wire) and other none FEMA related type of fund spending, and in that, there would be no audit. good thought though.

new topics

top topics

join