It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from lurker Euclidics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hello World!

I finally created an account because something was bothering me. Lately I've been seeing ALOT of information regarding Time Travel and the paradoxes associated with it. What's been bothering me about this is something that I don't understand.

First off, one theory of time travel is travelling faster than light. Well from my uneducated understanding and please correct me if I'm wrong. The only reason people think they're travelling back in time is because if you move faster then light wherever you go the light has either already been there, or has not been there yet (forward in time and backward in time). Maybe I just don't understand that but that means there will never be a situation where you would run into two of you and you would never be in the same spot twice at the same moment in time ie, if you left earth in 2008 and traveled faster then light around the nearest galaxy and back you would never be in 2008 in the same month / day again.

Secondly wormholes, They say if you bend space/time you go through one and you've time traveled. Again, I don't understand how it's time travelling if the whole theory is the same light in one place hasn't reached another yet, this leaves no room for paradoxes as you would never make a "clone" of yourself for lack of better terms you could never find yourself.

Any thoughts?
Euclidics

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Euclidics

Hi Euclidics, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

edit on 30/8/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Euclidics, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
20 posts will come quickly
Welcome to ATS from South Texas
Lots of topics to get into

Again welcome to the Jungle

new topics

top topics

join