It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War declared on Tea Party

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
It always cracks me up when the TP raises the "personal responsibility" argument when the WHOLE system is so freaking tilted in favor of the rich. People have to fend for themselves, but when banks or corporations need a bail out, its up to the tax payer to do it for them.

Since when has the average person in the Tea Party been in favor of the bailouts?

People make the mistake of Tea Party = GOP, which is false. Now the average TP might have a conservative mindset, but in my opinion, the Republican Party hasn't been conservative for quite some time.

edit on 30-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I'm wondering when liberals will finally figure out that giving Statists unlimited public funds to wreak whatever havoc they wish is a bad idea. Whether its wars, black ops, whipping up revolutions in foreign countries, CIA assassinations, income redistribution, vaccines laced with sterilants given to Indian and Brazilian women without their knowledge(that's Bill Gates favorite depopulation method...he said,) food stamps for illegals, zoos and light rail for States, stimulujs money spent on creating jobs in China, upgrading networks for electronic health records,socially conscious puppet shows in Minnesota, stimulus checks sent to the deceased, remounting the world's largest fish(yes that is listed as publicly funded) and bombing Libya...we could go on and on....
edit on 30-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

The first amendment states this:

"The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed."

I believe that teaching any religion in public school would infringe on this right.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

This is more important. If we allowed only Christian teaching in public schools, it would clearly violate this clause.
edit on 30-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by spyder550
The Tea Party is just a rehash of the Moral Majority from the 80's. Same people same social conservative crap. Now they have financing and organization from the right wing, and are drive by that agenda as "useful":

The Moral Majority in funny costumes.

You mean the Colonial dress of our Founding Fathers? A liberal would find that funny. Or at last a person not familiar with American history.

Anyone that knows what century it is would find that funny. Do you people really think they dressed that way because of their patriotism? How about you apply leeches to your wounds as well to show how much you love your country?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There are a lot of tea parties out there. I think there are two main tea party groups. First, there is the Media Tea Party. Its the Fox News Republican politicians disguised as tea party supporters to gain votes from suckers. Then, there is the Grass-roots Tea Party. They consists of people across all party lines who are tired of a large centralist government forcing things they don't want down their throat while extorting most of their money even when they don't have much of it. I suspect the Grassroots Tea Party movement is actually much larger, but much less powerful, so people get false notions of tea party supporters being Theocratic Republicans developed by the mainstream media outlets and snake-oil politicians.

So, I think people should correct people who say "Tea Party" because in fact their are at least two conflicting groups with opposing positions on many subjects. At the very least it should be divided into "The Media Tea Party" and the "Grassroots Tea Party". Like many have said on this topic... there is no "The Tea Party" and those who use that phrase should change their language. Within the grassroots Tea Party movements there are many sub-groups as well, so you could even argue that simply "grassroots tea party" is not specific enough either.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good analogy with the wheelchair.

Think this will piss off the black Tea Party supporters?

Oh yes, they exist.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It seems to me that the Tea Party is a way of thinking, and it's "members" simply subscribe to that way of thinking. Although they do sign people up to volunteer for events and join mailing lists, is there really a "membership"? I prefer to call them "Tea Party supporters" because they come from all backgrounds and (formal) political affiliations and share the ideology.

So to say these maroons are going to war against a philosophy... hell, they've been doing that for years already.

edit on 30-8-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Quadrivium

The first amendment states this:

"The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed."

I believe that teaching any religion in public school would infringe on this right.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

This is more important. If we allowed only Christian teaching in public schools, it would clearly violate this clause.

i really don't think so.

the congress can't say WHAT religion should be taught

not that ANY CAN'T be taught.

and it WOULD be a constitutional violation if they said ALL religions HAVE to be taught, if any school wants to go there.

a prayer in school (moment of silence) does not violate that.

remember that RP supporters when he let's the states decide what to teach.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't like this rhetoric.
I don't agree with a lot the tea party is wanting but some I do.
BUT, no matter if I like em or njot, I DO NOT LIKE THIS RHETORIC.

No war of Americans against Americans.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

That was a specific response to an earlier conversation, and I really didn't want to get into it as to not derail the thread.

I agree that the government cannot force any religion to be taught in public schools. But while it cannot force it, they cannot allow it either. Both actions violate the constitution.

Moment of silence for individual prayer....no problem. Mandatory classes teaching any religion, unless its in a private school, is a no no.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Then I expect to see you protesting taking schoolchildren to the mosque for school trips. Fair is fair buddy. Also no climate change because Al Gore and his UN buddies worship Gaia the earth goddess. No teaching of meditation or Indian rituals either.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
My suggestions are, if you don't want the Tea Party to have such a bad name...

Stop making it an umbrella for racists to hide under. You don't like the racist labels then the so called leaders of the movement ought to step forward and loudly declare that racism will not be tolerated, stop with the little tee-hees you think no one else is smart enough to grasp. Of course this won't happen because like it or not a lot of white americans were disgusted when a black man took office and every politician knows not to isolate your base, right?

You don't want social programs, welfare etc? Tell your republican congress to stop breaking the backs of the middle and lower classes. Tell them to pass higher corporate taxes and make it illegal to export jobs, or tax the practice to hell. Make them bring our jobs home or shut-up about entitlement. You're goddamn right people in America are entitled to eat and have a roof over their heads and be warm in the winter.

There are no leaders of the movement. Liberals just started throwing around the name of Koch when they discovered that the Kochs made some personal donations, because they had to counter the truth that Soros is who sponsors MoveOn.org, and La raza, and Media Matters, and Code Pink, and....etc ad nauseum. The list of Soros sponsored leftist movements is phenominal.

There aren't key speakers at the rallies? Why do they not address the racist signs being carried around? The rest of your reply has nothing to do with anything I said.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

My suggestions are, if you don't want the Tea Party to have such a bad name...

Stop making it an umbrella for racists to hide under. You don't like the racist labels then the so called leaders of the movement ought to step forward and loudly declare that racism will not be tolerated, stop with the little tee-hees you think no one else is smart enough to grasp. Of course this won't happen because like it or not a lot of white americans were disgusted when a black man took office and every politician knows not to isolate your base, right?

You don't want social programs, welfare etc? Tell your republican congress to stop breaking the backs of the middle and lower classes. Tell them to pass higher corporate taxes and make it illegal to export jobs, or tax the practice to hell. Make them bring our jobs home or shut-up about entitlement. You're goddamn right people in America are entitled to eat and have a roof over their heads and be warm in the winter.

There are no leaders of the movement. Liberals just started throwing around the name of Koch when they discovered that the Kochs made some personal donations, because they had to counter the truth that Soros is who sponsors MoveOn.org, and La raza, and Media Matters, and Code Pink, and....etc ad nauseum. The list of Soros sponsored leftist movements is phenominal.

There aren't key speakers at the rallies? Why do they not address the racist signs being carried around? The rest of your reply has nothing to do with anything I said.

What racist signs are you talking about? All signs are homemade. Libertarian ideals are you make up your own signs and no one is telling you what to think and say. Oh wait you libs are Statists and believe in the State controlling your thought and speech.
Or, wait, only libs are allowed to carry signs of people wearing Hitler mustaches(remember the Unions in wisconsin?)
Geesh, you'd think those Union leaders would tell their people not to bring signs of their governor depicted as Hitler.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Who's declaring war on the tea party?

The poor?

Evil bastards.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

See my post on Hulk Hogan as a key speaker. He talked about lowering real estate tax. The rest are people like Marco Rubio and I wont apologize for one of the best representatives of the T Party around.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Can't blame your support for Rubio.

No one else has such a love for the poor of the United States of America. Doesn't he give his entire taxpayer salary away to the homeless?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Sure. Hulk Hogan is speaking at your events. Enough said.

CJ

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Did I say they were printed up by the TP? I asked why do none of the speakers address the blatant racism being shown by their supporters?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Sure. Hulk Hogan is speaking at your events. Enough said.

Yeah, that's a bit weak.

but if it were Roddy Roddy Piper....that's a different story!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownSoldier

Can't blame your support for Rubio.

No one else has such a love for the poor of the United States of America. Doesn't he give his entire taxpayer salary away to the homeless?

I don't know what he does personally for the poor. I just know that he's pro Constitution and his family knew first hand what communist dictatorship is about.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join