It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a RealConspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hi ATS members,

Yanno, I don't buy into a whole lot of conspiracy theories because I just feel like a lot of them are far fetched propaganda ploys to sell books, etc. I've posted in a thread saying something similar to that. However, I do buy into the fact that money makes the world go around, and politicians are greedy little
for the most part. jmelici (hope I spelled that right) posted a thread about a global tax proposition in the NWO forum. If you have time, I recommend taking the time to glance in that direction. Here is the link to the thread and here is the link to the global tax information.

Now there's a real conspiracy if I ever heard one. There are literally millions of governments around the world when one takes into consideration the local, state, and federal seats. Now, the UN wants a piece of our pie. They take a big slice out of our paychecks before they give it to us, then they tax us on everything we buy with the money we have left, then they tax us at the end of every year for anything they may have missed, and as if that's not enough taxing us our whole working lives, they're gonna tax us when we die. ACK!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Gah.. I share your frustration. Since I am not well versed in accounting, I am not qualified to comment but I am posting to let you know that you are not alone in your frustration. Speaking of which.. do you have to pay tax for caskets and funeral supplies?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamReality
Gah.. I share your frustration. Since I am not well versed in accounting, I am not qualified to comment but I am posting to let you know that you are not alone in your frustration. Speaking of which.. do you have to pay tax for caskets and funeral supplies?

I'm pretty sure that we had to pay state taxes on the funeral costs of the package that we purchased for my bother's funeral. The package was the entire cost for the wake, funeral, and coffin and preparation of the body. It came to about 3600.00 and so we were taxed 4.5 cents on the dollar for that.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well, I never haven't had to buy funeral items (knocking on wood), but I believe goose. My mother is a tax preparer/bookkeeper and there seems to be no end to taxable items. Every spring I can hardly stand going near my mom for fear of the horrid tax stories. I'm not qualified to speak on accounting myself other than those stories, and somehow, there is a bit of those things that mom talks about getting retained in my brain...I catch myself noticing things every now and then that others don't. Boy, I tried not to listen for the longest time, too because it was a headache just having to hear...I can't imagine having to do that kind of work.

Then the closer you get to home, the worse taxes really are (esp. for me as we have seen, heh). My ex-husband attempted to go into business doing contract labor for a while on new homes. That was a mess. The big tornado that devistated Oklahoma a few years back made the cities money hungry, and that was about the time he had started his business. There are generally building permits that have to be purchased, but when the cities that were devistated saw all the re-construction coming they raised those permit prices so fast it was unreal. Now construction workers tend to become like family. The various contractors and their crews along with the homebuilders work around each other so much that they are fairly tight. I helped my ex quite a bit for about a year, and there was a fury in the air when the permits went up. I don't recall what the other things were that were added, but I do definitely recall some of the other folks complaining about new city permits. Moral of the story: Politicians don't miss a beat when it comes to ripping us off.

I've also noticed that whenever the economy stats start going up, that's when those tax proposals in my teeny tiny hometown begin. Have a bake-sale or something, jeez! The cities need to offer products for our money if they want more. I'll even take a back rub, man. That's the least they can do after the big screw. (

top topics

join