It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN: It's the Sun, Stupid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, here we go with the politicized global warming debate. Except this time, CERN scientists have some real facts behind their claims that global climate change is dictated by cosmic radiation and NOT CO2 emissions.

I haven't found the actual study, but here's a story about it.

Actually, I think many people on ATS would agree in principle with the findings. We're all becoming more and more aware that the sun's activities and fluctuations actually have more of a direct and immediate impact on Earth's climate than previously believed (I mean, other than the four seasons).

More and more of ATS conversations are leaking out into the MSM. Also check out this Slate.com article that actually gives some credence to the theory that hurricanes can spawn earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well, they better be ready for a fight, cause Gore is likeing anyone that disagrees with his out look is racist.
dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
wow...great find...but it IS NOT about the evidence,its about control and the all mighty $$$$$$..... man the hypocrisy of Gore poised to be the next green billionaire if he can just get us to buy in to this bovine scatology...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yeah, sorry hit the reply button quicker then I ment.
I'd seen that someplace before that the obvious cause for the warming was the sun, bacause if it were man made, then why are the other planets in our system showing signs of global warming? Anybody can check our history and see that the Earth has gone through warming and cooling spells, it natural? I guess you could say. Has man helped it along? Maybe, in a small part.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Except this time, CERN scientists have some real facts behind their claims that global climate change is dictated by cosmic radiation and NOT CO2 emissions.

Interesting statement from the scientist running the CLOUD project.

But, Kirkby adds, those particles are far too small to serve as seeds for clouds. "At the moment, it actually says nothing about a possible cosmic-ray effect on clouds and climate, but it's a very important first step," he says.

www.nature.com...

Nothing conclusive, only that cosmic rays can produce aerosols. Aerosols too small to produce clouds. Aerosols far smaller than the dust and salt spray which are perfectly capable of producing clouds.
edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join