It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New body 'liquefaction' unit unveiled in Florida funeral home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Because what happens to my body also happens to others, in the present situation; strangers become water you will use to drink and wash... It HAS an impact.

I'd rather see that water being used to water farmlands. There would be, at least, some degree of separation, before I ingest part of it...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Although I personally don't give a rat's ass what happens to the human body after the soul has left, since it's just a hunk of meat, I have to say I'm quite intrigued by this. The methods seem surreal and almost Sci-Fi, like something from the future.

It's like we're moving forward in a grotesque and controversial way.

Grotesque, yes. This reminds of some H.P. Lovecraft stuff i read, its that disturbing to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Personally I think it's hideous.

There's a dignity with a burial and even a cremation - but dissolving the body into juice is one step too far.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"Ummmm, question director",said Egor, "what shall we do with the bones?" "Glad you asked old chap.Just crush them as we do with the cremation bones, the Haz-Mat truck picks up on Fridays." answered the clever and sexy director Helms...............and now you know the true rest of the story.....ciao

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

They need to ban burials!!! That's turning the entire planet into a cemetary

Corpse disposal is an issue the planet needs to solve.

It's a Christian nation though, and you will PAY to get BURIED so you can be RESURRECTED by JESUS, best put your body in a VAULT so you're clothes don't get dirty.

Not your body.

Not your property.

Not your decision.

Your body is just that... a dead, soon to be rotting collection of disgusting tissues, fluids and bones.

So is land but people own that and can consequently decide what to do with it. The body, in the absence of a will, becomes inherited and the inheritors can decide what to do with it.

It's not anyone else's decision.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Or, we could just go back to instant funerals so we are totally biodegradable. I prefer the Swedish biologist's idea to the liquifaction process, which, aside from being nasty, is odd...I don't want to become particles in the fecal/urine/prescription medical soup we call waste water. I'd rather return to the top soil if I had to choose.

...dust to dust and all that jazz...

EDIT: Someone may have mentioned this already, but I think these scientists watched Dune a few too many times because this seems like a reworking of their funeral process.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join