It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New body 'liquefaction' unit unveiled in Florida funeral home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I might be willing to give it a try I always did think that maybe Jack Lalanne was unto something.

Juice me up

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by splittheatom
I just read this on the bbc news website too.

I've got to say, this put a chill up my spine.

Is this what we have come to? We bury our dead so we have comfort knowing they are at rest, and that we have a place to visit when we miss them.

At least with cremation we can scatter the ashes over a place which our loved one cherished, or keep them in an urn for us to keep close.

But this, liquidation of the body which is then poured into the water supply is inhuman.

I kind of agree. Inhuman. The thing is, we all end up back in the particle chain sooner or later if your buried or burned. The matter will return to its original state (particulate). So if your broken down chemically, you just get there faster. It is kind of inhuman, or at least, rubs us the wrong way based on our historical record of what we do with bodies. It IS a culture shift for sure. Turn us into a slurry and dump us down the drain? That's what they are doing. My plan was to be cremated and then dumped off the Golden Gate Bridge (I know, its illegal...) . Now, will I be poured out of a soup can? That is, if I'm given back to a loved one which I probably won't be. Sounds like a Chinese solution. They probably do this today.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Personally, I've always wanted to be cremated, and my ashes to be stuffed into a big-ass firework to be let off at my wake. But that's just my inner pyromaniac talking, and probably not the sort of thing everybody would approve of...
Rambling aside, I have no problem with this process. If the water is treated and sterilised effectively, why shouldn't it end up in the water that people drink? I can understand that ethically, a lot of people will disagree, but people eat meat, so why shouldn't they drink people...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
Soylent Green anybody...?

I'm sick of that already. Perhaps Gordon Ramsay could make it palatable again.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I give it 6 months before Heston Blumenthal does a TV special on this...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Though I plan to never die, if they could take this one step further and turn my corpse into a lava lamp, I'm totally on board.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Glad someone posted this on ATS so I didn't have to.

As soon as I saw the headline, I thought immediately of it being a plan for genocide. Maybe the FEMA coffins were just a myth, or maybe they decided with this new technology, they wouldn't need them anymore.

Personally I think they may be part of the Malthusian depopulation program the Powers that Be want so bad, though I sure hope not. I guess we will see but hopefully people won't allow it to get to that point.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Or basically, they throw your body in a vat of what is essentially extremely strong bleach, then flush that into sewer. When I die, I've always wanted to be cremated and have my remains made into chocolate milk, sort of like nesquik is.

At least then I'll be a delicious drink, made for someone to enjoy.
edit on 30/8/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Things die in reservoirs and other water supply areas all the time. The bleach solution is more of a concern, yes, but that's not worse than what's being dumped out by huge industrial complexes every second of everyday. Or pesticides leeching off of agricultural properties.

Dead stuff is just dead cells. You swallow dead cells all the time. Cells are cells. Stuff in the water eats the grody bacteria that hangs out on dead cells.

Ciiiiiircle of liiiiiiife.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They may as well just take the bodies to a rendering plant and turn it into crude protein and crude fat. Both are listed as ingredients on most dog and cat food labels.

I've seen those plants in operation. They put truckloads of chicken feathers, spoiled fish, roadkill, dead farm animals, domestic pets that didn't get cremated when they died at the animal hospital and all manner of dead things in the one end. Coming out the other end is crude protein and crude fat.

Why use chemicals and dump it in the water? Just feed Fido and Fluffy!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

The FEMA coffins hold 3-4 at a time they were made for transporting not burying. Do you have how many bodies will have to be disposed of when their plans come into action. This psychopaths are not about to let anything go to waste if they can make money on it. They use to say they might kill me but they can't eat me. Gee how times change now its yes we can.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I prefer burning myself. The whole process, IMO, can help give closure to a spirit and eliminate any latent attachments to the former body.

To me it puts the period at the end of the chapter, and allows the turning of the page without feeling that youve left something behind.

It is very symbolic.

Being dissolved in basic solutions may be more "green" (God I hate that catchphrase), but it just doesnt sit right with me. If I wanted a "green" solution, hell, Id just request for my corpse to be fed to hungry wild animals. I would be very satisfied with that, actually.
edit on 8/30/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Can it be weaponized ?

That would be my only concern.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
hmmm, this reminds me of frank herbert's book "dune". since the whole planet was desert and no open water existed, the fremen would reclaim the water from their dead. "for the flesh of a man is his own, but his water belongs to the tribe"

still...i don't support this. it's creepy and gross.

Dammit Bob! I wanted to come in first with a catchy Dune phrase! Thanks a lot.

But seriously - "Dune" and "Fremen" were the first two thoughts that went through my head. "Still-suits" followed soon thereafter. On a planet where water is such a scarce resource that still-suits have been designed to recycle urine and other slightly less desirable substances, and a still-suit is efficient to such an extent that a human will lose less than a thimble's worth of moisture per day to the hot desert air... the reservoir of water contained within a body will be more valuable than all the gold (or spice) in the world.

Is it really such an atrocity to think in these terms? At the rate that we are polluting and wasting our own water supplies, we should probably take hints from the Fremen, 'cause we might end up being a Dune one day too.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thats disgusting. Where do you think all these liquified corpses are going to go? Right into the water treatment plant, and straight into your tapwater, and your shower, your washing machines etc. if you think the water is bad in mexico, its about to get 1000 times better than the water in the U.S. if this crap spreads all over the country. looks like a good time to start investing in well water!.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Although I personally don't give a rat's ass what happens to the human body after the soul has left, since it's just a hunk of meat, I have to say I'm quite intrigued by this. The methods seem surreal and almost Sci-Fi, like something from the future.

It's like we're moving forward in a grotesque and controversial way.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
When I first read this instantly what came was imagery of modern day concentration camps and the Nazi style of systematic de-population of the offending masses. While being "green"...it is too clean, simple and brings no attention whatsoever. People just disappear and that is that.

After a little thought, I have to agree with Shimmering's post. The human body is 90-95% water. What a great way to shore up the worlds drinking water supply at around 10 gallons per body. 10 gallons per body X 100,000 "so called volunteers" = 1,000,000 gallons of treated and "usable" water.

Is it not a surprising coincidence in a world where drinking water is becoming increasingly scarce this new method and technology arises. Once people get over the the initial objectionable concept and this is instituted on a world wide basis as the "norm" , headlines read .... "World's Drinking Water Supply On The Rebound"

I like to use "quotation marks" as you may feel free to inject your own interpretation or connotation of what is being said.

I personally find liquidifcation appalling, in human, and just plainly creepy to say the least. I would much rather prefer to take the Native American way and go find a nice tree in the woods and prop myself up and let nature take it's course.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You have already been "drinking" this "liquid" for decades....
I know the vet teaching hospital here in my town uses this method.
In the states listed as legal, they have been using it for decades for donated human cadavers and animal carcasses.

www2.journalnow.com...

The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota and the University of Florida use it for human cadavers, and it has been used for two decades on animal carcasses.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I want my dead body to be hacked up and fed to vultures like they do in Tibet.

It's a Christian nation though, and you will PAY to get BURIED so you can be RESURRECTED by JESUS, best put your body in a VAULT so you're clothes don't get dirty.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hm, it seems like a genuinely interesting burial alternative. I'm betting that with more time & effort, it can eventually result in a sterile & completely non-polluting burial process. After all, the world has composting toilets, which render bodily waste into sterile, usable material. I think we could eventually achieve the same "clean" level with our dead.

Personally, I'm not big on the 'preserving the dead' deal, so I'll pass on the embalming, kthx. That's infinitely creepier to me than Liquid Nyiah Soup is. I'm also not big on wasting usable ground space for a corpse to take up residence, so that leaves cremating, and now liquifying, my remains as my options. If the liquefaction process & end result is less damaging overall to the environment compared to cremation emissions, I may lean that way decades down the road when I need to think about how my remains will be handled.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join