It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New body 'liquefaction' unit unveiled in Florida funeral home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

New body 'liquefaction' unit unveiled in Florida funeral home

www.bbc.co.uk

A Glasgow-based company has installed its first commercial "alkaline hydrolysis" unit at a Florida funeral home.

The unit by Resomation Ltd is billed as a green alternative to cremation and works by dissolving the body in heated alkaline water.

The facility has been installed at the Anderson-McQueen funeral home in St Petersburg, and will be used for the first time in the coming weeks. It is hoped other units will follow in the US, Canada and Europe.

The makers claim the process produces a third less greenhouse gas than cremation, uses a seventh of the energy, and allows for the com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
OMG!
The put you in a blender and make a liquid out of your body.
then dump you in the water supply!?!?
this is so sick! would you wont this to happen to your Loved ones?
I would like to be dump’t as sea. or fed to lions.
But this? is just the kind of De’humanising thing America
would come up with.
they still burn the bones.
Aaaarghh!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-8-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Soylent Green anybody...?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

What's so different than burning the body, or sticking it in a wooden cask 6 feet in the ground for worms and other creepy crawlies to eat the body?

Personally I like the idea. The liquid returns back to the system to nourish and aid new life.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
creamation rules
burials suck

They need to ban burials!!!
That's turning the entire planet into a cemetary

Not to fond of this though, alkaline water?
Soon some company will buy that water and say it's good for you and is the fountain of youth

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just read this on the bbc news website too.

I've got to say, this put a chill up my spine.

Is this what we have come to? We bury our dead so we have comfort knowing they are at rest, and that we have a place to visit when we miss them.

At least with cremation we can scatter the ashes over a place which our loved one cherished, or keep them in an urn for us to keep close.

But this, liquidation of the body which is then poured into the water supply is inhuman.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Disgusting, dirty litte green hippies have gone to far now, Please go away Sun Moon Waterfall, we dont like you and now this rediculous procedure being done to bodies prove the insane green earth people should be in straight jackets.

link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Right? *shudders*

As odd and disturbing as it is on initial impact,the reasons given for creating and using this technology are sound enough. However,I do not like the notion of recycling our soupy remains back into the earth's already compromised water supply.

Ugh

link   
That's great! now at a wake instead of drinking a toast to the deceased you can actually drink them.

Can't wait to make my relatives down me wi shots of tequila

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The first thing that popped into my mind when I hear alkaline water is instead of power to the people, power made from people!!! But not the first time this subject has come up here, it is definitely mind tickling.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The freeze drying method seems a lot better alternative. At least with Freeze Drying you can bury your loved ones in your yard and grow a plant with them or something.

This whole liqufication thing though. I'm not so sure I want muscle, fat, and skin and organs being dumped in my counties water supply though. I don't care how much they say its safe.

And yes, this seems a lot like Soylent Green.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hmmm, this reminds me of frank herbert's book "dune". since the whole planet was desert and no open water existed, the fremen would reclaim the water from their dead. "for the flesh of a man is his own, but his water belongs to the tribe"

still...i don't support this. it's creepy and gross.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Barf, as if the water wasn't nasty enough . Dreadfully disgusting .Could this be a unique form of cannibalism ?

It is my personal opinion that burying my remains in the old fashion way is a waste of land ,and eventually graveyard space will compete with living quarters , farm and forest land . (not anytime soon though)
I had my heart set on my ashes being turned into diamonds , but that is unrealistically expensive . However I did stumble across this little gem ,"The spirit Tree" where your ashes are put into a biodegradable pot with a tree seed , and they simply plant your remains . www.thespiritree.com... I think that's green, and they can simply pull my fillings before cremation. Amalgam free, when I become a mature walnut tree, people can eat of my nuts fearlessly .

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Isn't that how they fed the machines in the Matrix?

Turning humans into a battery?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Soylent green with a chaser!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I found some more interesting info here: Source

Resomation is more expensive than cremation, although with only a few resomators around, each costing around US$440,000, it is hardly surprising. While resomation is gaining popularity in Europe it is currently only approved in six U.S. states - Maine, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Oregon and Maryland - with reviews being conducted in several more.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I love it.

Have no issues with it.

You could place my body in a skip in a couple of Tesco bags for all I care after my death. I dont need a memorial or a place for my family to weep.

My father was cremated and interred. I have never been to see his 'spot' - dont need to...I can remember him and I remember him daily.

Corpse disposal is an issue the planet needs to solve.

I also love the idea of Promession en.wikipedia.org...

and sky burials (less acceptable in a city!!!)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sort of. They liquefied the remains of the dead humans (batteries) to feed the living ones.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Reminds me of Soylent Green
en.wikipedia.org...

Gross.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Fascinating!

All this proves to me just how far behind everyone else,the U.S. is,even in THIS area.

I do rather like the idea of being planted and living again as a tree..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join