It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO disclosure from former Norad officer on Coast to coast AM 26th august

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kneverr

Originally posted by Tollon
I think this is authentic, the guy seems to know what he's talking about.
What do you think?

IMO this self-proclaimed NORAD officer is an outright fraud. Of coarse my opinion means little without some evidence to back my claim;

1) "Mike" states at 1:33 "We contacted Luke Air Force base, scrambled two F-4's..."

Phoenix lights, March 1997
Link
Link

---> US F-4 aircraft officially retired 1996.

---> Last operational flight April 20, 1996

---> Boeing

When the Idaho Air National Guard 124th Fighter Wing retired its last eight F-4 Phantom II aircraft, it ended an era. An F-4G Wild Weasel had flown its last combat mission on Jan. 2, 1996, over Southern Iraq. A few weeks later, the U.S. Air Force had retired its last F-4 aircraft. Then, on April 20, 1996, in ceremonies at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho, the 124th Fighter Wing flew the last operational flight of the F-4 Phantom II in an F-4G aircraft. With the line already retired by the Navy and Marine Corps in January 1992, the Phantom II reign over the skies had ended.

--->McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II, Wiki

"The last USAF Phantoms, F-4G Wild Weasel Vs from 561st Fighter Squadron, were retired on 26 March 1996. The last operational flight of the F-4G Wild Weasel was from the 190th Fighter Squadron, Idaho Air National Guard, in April 1996.[65] The last operational USAF/ANG F-4 to land was flown by Maj Mike Webb and Maj Gary Leeder, Idaho ANG."

2) "Mike" then goes on to state (2:02): "We scrambled two C-131's out of "Monthan-Davis AFB" and instructed them to drop night flares..."

---> US C-131's were officially retired in 1990 and even before this, "nearly all left the active inventory in the late 1970s, with a few still serving in Air National Guard units until the mid-1980s"
Link

Maybe Mike was confused or intoxicated and was really referring to C-130's out of Davis-Monthan AFB?

I could go on about many other issues but it seems I wasted to much time with this guy as it is.

No disrespect or was any insult intended to you Tollon, just leaving my thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

Luke Air Force base
Link
Link

Davis-Monthan AFB
Link
Link

edit on 30-8-2011 by kneverr because: YT link

All I am going to say is that, just because they are retired and the last operational flight was back in 1996, does not mean it can't never fly again. The Operational part of it, is just that. It WASN'T in an operational tasking overseas. I have seen them fly as part of an exercise amongs allied fleet within U.S. waters way past their retirement years.

So, Wiki-Pedia will give you what it is available to the public. You won't find actual facts in there! It is common sense!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Much of what he says would not surprise me, but there is one detail that doesn't seem right in his account. He has the direction of travel reversed, saying the flight path was from Mexico to Sedona (south to north). But what I have read of reports from that incident, indicate the direction of travel was north to south - that the "massive boomerang" object flew from Phoenix down to Tuscon area.

I guess there really is no way of us verifying any of this, so it really could be true, and could be a load of baloney.

One thing I wonder, is he alleges that there is no restrictions on talking about such UFO incidents, but that seems unlikely. You would think there would be restrictions on what people involved at NORAD can report about any such incidents, whether or not they involve a real potential security threat.

I thought it was a bit funny (and suspicious) that he wouldn't reveal the code name for "UFO/alien craft" as used in NORAD operations. You would think that information would have been leaked before.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have been a C-to-C listener for years. I never listen "live", but rather listen to the MP3 streams the next morning. Without commercials, that lets me hear the entire show in less than 3 hours while surfing the web.

I mention this because listening to this caller for the second time it had my full attention and I heard a lot more than I had the other morning. I particularly enjoy those shows hosted by George Knapp - a television journalist who is unafraid to tackle stories which might make the establishment uncomfortable.

Mr. Knapp seemed to sense some truth from this caller also. Early on in the call, Knapp switched from radio talkshow host to journalist conducting an interview. His tone and style changed radically.

What clinched it for me was near the end of the call when "Bill" let slip an acronym he had previously declined to devulge. Knapp caught it and asked for confirmation by saying, "FCON?". Bill was almost quick enough, but his "..uh...yeah." spoke volumes. As did his clear expression of feeling that he had said too much.

But listening to that "slip" a few times, I'm convinced that what he said was "UFCOM" or possibly "UFCON".

The term didn't ring any bells, so it was off to the search engines. "UFCON" produced nothing on StartPage, Bing or Google. "UFCOM" produced a lot of pages related to the University of Florida College of Medicine. However the number two listing on Startpage was a listing for "UFCOM.COM" for which the link was listed as "www.ufcom.com".

Selecting this link immediately displayed a blank white page with the characters "ufcom.com" in the upper left-hand corner of the page in a non-standard typeface. Interesting. Viewing the Source code for the page produced 7 lines of code (2 of which were blank) including the titleof the site and a reference to a file called "img.php" as the image source. (Try it yourself - I tried to quote the source code, but ATS's text editor has issues with the code symbols).

So..the characters on the page is actually a graphic image. Maybe just a new or "under construction" page. Still, there are enough free stock graphics available that you'd think they would do something beyond a single image of the site title.

Next I opened the site using the StartPage proxy. Curiouser and curiouser... The image shows as a broken link!
Remove the proxy and the image reappears. Same results with the Google Proxy setting.

In fact this same link appears in the #2 position on both StartPage and Google and at #4 on Bing. Additionally, the Google Cache view indicates that the site has remained unchanged since Aug. 18, 2011.

I have no desire to derail this very good thread, but could this be related to the caller? The site was there before the call into C-to-C, so Bill didn't quickly register the name to take advantage of the apparent slip of the tongue.

Could this be some sort of "place holder" site that can be used to access....something? All we know for sure it that it denies access to identified proxies, which implies some sort of IP sensing at the site.

Star and Flag OP!! Thanks for calling this to our attention.

Edit to add: A search on whois.com lists no registrant for ufcom.com and no DNS admin (although it does admit that the site was registered through GoDaddy,com), Curiouser and curiouser...
edit on 30-8-2011 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well he sure picked a #ty radio station to phone in.
I've never heard of C2C before so my guess is it's bull#.
If he really had the truth he would've phoned news stations all around the world, not a radio station half the world hasn't heard of.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

another ufo disclouser. will wait and see. like i always do.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

IMO this self-proclaimed NORAD officer is an outright fraud.
You may be right about this guy. I'm not so sure though.

It really would not surprise me if an old man (retired Viet Nam veteran) had forgotten that it wasn't Phantoms they scrambled if they had been retired while he was actually a serving NORAD officer. That isn't such a massive mistake to make is it? Nor is the C130 dropping flares not C131.

I'm fascinated by the UFCOM acronym if that's what it was. If anyone can tell me what that means I'd be delighted. I've met with silence before when asking about what acronyms are really used in operations for UFOs.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
About that video claiming to debunk the Phoenix lights, isn't that the wrong video, the one shown (dishonestly?) on TV news of the flare drop, not the real Phoenix lights seen more than an hour earlier?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I've already nailed that one here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have permission to read the posts if you like.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
If he really had the truth he would've phoned news stations all around the world, not a radio station half the world hasn't heard of.

For real, never heard of Coast to Coast? George Noory, Ian Punditt, George Knapp and the legendary Art Bell?

Its available in all 50 states, Canada, Guam, USVI and 24/7 online. If you did an ATS search about this show you would liteally have hundreds of unique threads regarding the show and subject matter. In fact some of the staff of this very website have appeared on it.

Th audience of C2C is quite large and varied, and it is the perfect media outlet for this kind of story. Any 'main'stream station would prbably laugh the guy off the air, but Noory gave him plenty of time and no doubt will follow up with him.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Im a C2C listener as I am up working in those wee hours of the night. Bummed I missed this show as I was off on Friday. I can't help but wonder what kind of questions Art Bell would have asked.

I think the guy sounded pretty legit as well. I will say I have heard some loonies as well, but for the most part the show does have some nice regulars that I have learned quite a bit from.

Thanks for posting this up OP. I am now listening to the whole show to see what else I missed!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

I strongly doubt that there would be many news stations who would be willing to publish this type of information coming from a source who declines to reveal their identity.

And as far as C2C is concerned, at least he did this when the program was hosted by George Knapp (who retains some credibility) rather than George Noory who is simply laughably gullible with even the loopiest guests.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

They weren't 2 separate events, that video IS the phoenix lights and as it falls it goes behind the mountain.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Tollon, sorry but I can not download your link just now but may I ask if this is the same person who claims to be the "NORAD officer"?

He calls himself Mike and calls in at 1:00 on?

Yes, that's the one.
Thanks for sharing a youtube version of the call so that everyone not able to/not willing to download the soundfile, could take part of it.
I don't have a youtube account so I wasn't able to do that.

Originally posted by Tholidor
I have been a C-to-C listener for years. I never listen "live", but rather listen to the MP3 streams the next morning. Without commercials, that lets me hear the entire show in less than 3 hours while surfing the web.

I mention this because listening to this caller for the second time it had my full attention and I heard a lot more than I had the other morning. I particularly enjoy those shows hosted by George Knapp - a television journalist who is unafraid to tackle stories which might make the establishment uncomfortable.

Mr. Knapp seemed to sense some truth from this caller also. Early on in the call, Knapp switched from radio talkshow host to journalist conducting an interview. His tone and style changed radically.

What clinched it for me was near the end of the call when "Bill" let slip an acronym he had previously declined to devulge. Knapp caught it and asked for confirmation by saying, "FCON?". Bill was almost quick enough, but his "..uh...yeah." spoke volumes. As did his clear expression of feeling that he had said too much.

But listening to that "slip" a few times, I'm convinced that what he said was "UFCOM" or possibly "UFCON".

The term didn't ring any bells, so it was off to the search engines. "UFCON" produced nothing on StartPage, Bing or Google. "UFCOM" produced a lot of pages related to the University of Florida College of Medicine. However the number two listing on Startpage was a listing for "UFCOM.COM" for which the link was listed as "www.ufcom.com".

Selecting this link immediately displayed a blank white page with the characters "ufcom.com" in the upper left-hand corner of the page in a non-standard typeface. Interesting. Viewing the Source code for the page produced 7 lines of code (2 of which were blank) including the titleof the site and a reference to a file called "img.php" as the image source. (Try it yourself - I tried to quote the source code, but ATS's text editor has issues with the code symbols).

So..the characters on the page is actually a graphic image. Maybe just a new or "under construction" page. Still, there are enough free stock graphics available that you'd think they would do something beyond a single image of the site title.

Next I opened the site using the StartPage proxy. Curiouser and curiouser... The image shows as a broken link!
Remove the proxy and the image reappears. Same results with the Google Proxy setting.

In fact this same link appears in the #2 position on both StartPage and Google and at #4 on Bing. Additionally, the Google Cache view indicates that the site has remained unchanged since Aug. 18, 2011.

I have no desire to derail this very good thread, but could this be related to the caller? The site was there before the call into C-to-C, so Bill didn't quickly register the name to take advantage of the apparent slip of the tongue.

Could this be some sort of "place holder" site that can be used to access....something? All we know for sure it that it denies access to identified proxies, which implies some sort of IP sensing at the site.

Star and Flag OP!! Thanks for calling this to our attention.

Edit to add: A search on whois.com lists no registrant for ufcom.com and no DNS admin (although it does admit that the site was registered through GoDaddy,com), Curiouser and curiouser...

If you listen carefully you notice that this Mike guy actually have a slip of tongue about a minute before George Knapp caught on to it, and says Uf-con, or F-con.
The second time he says it much louder and clearer though.

Interresting find with the website also.
I think there might be something to this story...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

An interesting listen for sure. The part at the end about FCONS struck out at me. As the caller let it slip out and the host confirmed. FCONS (sp) is the Norad term for UFO's. Even the almighty google pulls up nothing on this. Unless I'm spelling it wrong

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Try reading the posts. You're wrong as I explained. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

The video clearly shows the ACTUAL phoenix lights video overlayed onto the footage of the mountains, and EVERY light that dissapears does so perfectly along the mountain line.

As for the "witnesses" they are a bunch of people caught up in the moment with it all over the news and the press walking about the street's who asked them "did you see it" in the excitement they reply "yeah I saw it, it went right over me!"

I think we need to agree to dis-agree I remember the phoenix lights when I was young I was obsessed with it and actually have a few paper back books, over the years from everything I have seen and heard I do not believe it to be aliens and in fact flares

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
As for the "witnesses" they are a bunch of people caught up in the moment with it all over the news and the press walking about the street's who asked them "did you see it" in the excitement they reply "yeah I saw it, it went right over me!"

Actually the reports started coming in at 8:15pm North of Phoenix prior to any press coverage and long before the "flare drop" by numerous people following a southward path. No way the reports that came in at 8:30pm could have been spurred by the 8:15 reports as it wasn't on the news yet. TWO events...

edit on 30-8-2011 by Toxicsurf because: oopsy

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Actually the reports started coming in at 8:15pm North of Phoenix prior to any press coverage and long before the "flare drop" by numerous people following a southward path. No way the reports that came in at 8:30pm could have been spurred by the 8:15 reports as it wasn't on the news yet. TWO events...

edit on 30-8-2011 by Toxicsurf because: oopsy

It's flares and a 15 minute difference, depending on where you are and the horizon, mountains etc. different people would have different view at different times.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

No sorry. I don't like distortion of the facts. That video was a deliberate cover for the actual multiple sightings which happened earlier. I will repeat in case anyone is fooled by this BS.

Television news and documentaries about the Phoenix Lights repeatedly feature a video taken around 10 p.m. by an amateur photographer, as if it represented actual footage of the UFO. But there is a discrepancy between the time the video was taken and the earlier sighting of the UFO.

The now-infamous video has been subjected to detailed analysis by at least two qualified professionals, and both determined that the brilliant lights shown hanging in a row over a mountain ridge and then dropping out of sight were, in fact, flares.

The time of the flare drops is extremely important. The most widely viewed sightings of unidentified objects across Arizona that evening began at approximately 8:15, although some objects were viewed earlier in daylight.

Clearly, the UFO flyovers were a separate event occurring independently of the later flares.
'UFOs' excerpt: A look at the Phoenix Lights by Leslie Kean

Of course, flares were not what many of the witnesses saw. Flares do not block out the stars and are not the size of an aircraft carrier. How obvious could that be?

For the benefit of readers there is some witness testimony in this video clip. Notice how angry the witnesses are with the flares story.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It's flares and a 15 minute difference, depending on where you are and the horizon, mountains etc. different people would have different view at different times.
That's a lie. The video was at 10pm. The sightings were at 8.15pm. That's 1hour 45minutes gap. They were separate events. The second used as a cover story.

edit on 30/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join