It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Guarded Despite Hurricane

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that tomb is really an entrance to some kind of secret bunker.

Maybe the tinfoil hat is too tight, but that is what I have thought ever since I first went there in 8th grade.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Time to get flamed.

Yes, it's true. I don't allow myself to be swayed by popular opinion and I FORCE myself to think rationally and logically even when it pains me to do so.

Now then,

This is the peak of ignorance and misguided heroics......IN MY OPINION!
I am all for it, don't get me wrong.
If someone wants to stand there with a fake rifle and guard some guys bones from WHAT I don't know, then let him.
He has a right to die if he chooses.
Makes no sense to ME but then neither does most of what people do any more.
Like watching sports. REALLY!?!?!
Sitting there idolizing and watching some other dude play with a ball???
Ok, I don't get it.
Sue me.

I just refuse to get all caught up in the sentimental aspect of it and call these guys "heros"

Mother Nature will show them what heros they are. Then they can have someone guarding THEIR bones from some unknown unseen external threat,

Talk about taking yourself and your job waaaaay too seriously....like baseball players.
And we lap it up.

A hero is a father who spends time with his kids.
A hero is the one taking his family out of harms way right now and trying to be a pillar of support for them through this terrible event.

These guys who "guard" this unknown solier are no "Heros"
They are friggin IDIOTS!

But hey, I'm sure their kids would much rather be able to tell the class what a "hero" dad was for standing there all damn day wathing over some dead dude thru a goddamned hurricane which took his life rather than get to ever play catch with him again hu?

THINK people THINK!!!
Cut off the emotions and just THINK RATIONALLY!!!!
edit on 29-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would much rather pay for an honored symbol like the old guard than duplicitous sociopaths looking for cash we keep electing.Besides they're for us the military,not civilian popularity.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Silly sods! They'd be better off going somewhere dry and getting a nice hot cuppa!

I mean, it's not like someone is gonna steal it.

Anyhoos... looks like it's a fake anyway, taken in September, not today.

mashable.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I for one will never flame you, bro.

You have an opinion and strong convictions. I commend you for that. Stand your ground.

As to the men and women buried at the Tomb, they may or may not have been heroes. We may never really know. "For every hero, a thousand men die. Unsung and unremembered"

Because you do not believe in their sacrifice does not lessen the sacrifice that was made. These soldiers could have been drafted, volunteered, fell off a cliff, or died charging a foxhole. We may never know how, when, or why they passed from the world. The one thing we do know is that their country sent them to a foreign land and while in that foreign land they lost their lives. Do we as citizens owe them less of an honor than an unmarked grave?

As to what a hero is I do have to disagree. A hero isn't the man that spends time with his kids. A hero is a man that works his fingers to the bone to ensure his children never have to do the same. A hero isn't the man that runs off with his kids until the storm passes, the hero ensures his childrens safety and then goes back into the storm to save other people's children too. A hero is one that sacrifices himself for others, at least that is my opinion.
edit on 29-10-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

We can go on all day about "what a hero is" but at the end of it all,

I'll bet the Mothers,Girlfriends,wives,Fathers, and Children, of these "heros", if given a choice, would MUCH rather have a coward of a Son,Husband,or boyfriend who is still alive than some Hero who is dead because he was "guarding" the bones of some dude, outside in the middle of a goddamned HURRICANE!!!

If the dead could speak, something tells me they would say that you do more to "Honor" the dead by LIVING LIFE and keeping yourself alive for your family than you do by standing guard over some bones that NO ONE IS TRYING TO STEAL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

Again, I am coming from a very logical,rational,reasonable side of the argument where as the other side is more of an emotional one.

And again, neither side is "right" nor "wrong".
It is only an opinion.

It makes about as much sense to me as wasting an entire afternoon watching a baseball game when you could be out there DOING IT YOURSELF, having FUN getting EXERCISE and PLAYING with your family.
I am never going to see the sense in what alot of people do but that doesn't make it wrong nor do I give two squirts of piss what others do.

As long as I have the freedom to live how I want to live then I am happy.
Unfortunately, in this country who's "Heros" we honor so much, this is getting harder and harder to do.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Hello there...!

Das anyone know that so called tomb of the unknow soldier was and has in every major
city in former soviet republic???In Tallinn they had it moved 2007 and there was big riots
at that night in april 2007 Tallinn Estonia.video of riot
www.youtube.com...

and pics of tomb of unkown soldier in Tallin: www.tallinnapostimees.ee...

Peace,
ekiusa

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join