It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBUNK THIS - There WERE NO human rights abuses in Libya according to UN Human Rights report

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
All the evidence one needs to know that the story we are being told about Libya is BS is the fact that we have not bombed other countries for doing the same things that we are told Libya did.

Example... we were told that protesters in Libya were being killed and we needed to go in for "humanitarian" reason. Yet why have we not involved ourselves in Darfur which has been ongoing for over 10 years? Why are we not bombing Syria? What did we not involve ourselves in Saudi Arabia? Why are we not bombing Egypt? Yemen? The list goes on and on, but for some reason we had to bomb Libya?

Makes you wonder what its all about, doesnt it?

Is it for the people or their own self interest/agenda?

The US said NOTHING when The Bahrainian establishment used Saudi troops to slaughter the Baharian people when they were protesting, with the US NAVY docked at the ports .. THEY SAID NOTHING, NOT ONE WORD
No NATO, NO US, NO UN ... NOTHING

According to one of the videos posted in this thread, the US also wants to take over Lebanon and Somali, too
(but not Cogo, where women are raped and murdered daily)
edit on 30-8-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by cripmeister

, as usual there is a barrage of off topic youtube videos and articles coming at them.

and what the MSM articles are based facts? dont give me that.

I did not say that now did I?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, to add more Grist for the Mill -- I have this story;
Al Qaeda after Gadaffi?
www.dawn.com...

Why is Al Qaeda after Gadaffi? Is it a religious thing?

Al Qaeda started in Saudi Arabia ...

.... my own theory is that it was a Saudi "Black Flag" group that pretended to try and oust the government so they could infiltrate the opposition and steer them towards other goals.

Then it got supported by the CIA and it's been our "Muslim extremists" that help us to invade countries or get rid of pesky foes ever since. "WE" want Gadaffi out of the way of all that premium oil, and so Al Qaeda is going to do it so that we don't get our hands dirty.

Or maybe there is an Al Qaeda and they just happen to do things that strengthen Anti-Muslim authoritarians in the USA, attack the same people we have trouble with (Libya, Iran, Democrats), George Bush did a great job destroying America for them and al Qaeda is doing a great job making the lives of any rebels worse.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
It sounds like Western countries were trying to force Libya into becoming a country it couldn't obviously become because of the fact the people in Libya follow Islamic values and not Western values. Whats more, the New Rebel NTC government intend too fully enforce Sharia Law in Libya...Go Figure...

Also, contradictory to popular belief and the Rebels finding extreme satisfaction burning it - Gaddafi's Green book is hardly extremist and against Human rights. Read it and judge for yourself. Gaddafi's Green Book

No Human Rights violations done by Gaddafi's regime when there are stories from former Gaddafi's soldiers such as....

A 19-year-old woman shackled to a bed and under guard in a Tripoli military hospital is accused of executing as many as 11 anti-Gadhafi fighters after being ordered to shoot them at point-blank range.

The U.K.'s Daily Mail reports that Nisreen Mansour al Forgani, who was a recruit in one of Moammar Gadhafi's all-female militias, admitted in an interview with the paper that she shot the prisoners before the fall of Tripoli last week.

"I killed the first one, then they would bring another one up to the room," Nisreen said, according to the newspaper. "He would see the body on the floor and look shocked. Then I would shoot him too. I did it from about a metre away."

The woman said she initially resisted when she was ordered to shoot the prisoners, but was threatened with death herself if she didn't comply.

"I turned and shot without looking. But if I hesitated, one of the soldiers would flick off the safety catch of his own rifle and point it at me. I killed 10, perhaps 11, over three days. I don’t know what they had done.”

www.cbc.ca...

So it is not a Human Rights violation to execute prisoners?... Go figure...

Oh, and btw, I am not saying this entails that we must go to war with Libya over this. However Human Rights violations did occur there.

The real question is why the UN is claiming there weren't any Human Rights violations when we have evidence to the contrary?...

edit on 30-8-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
CasiusIgnoranze, every thread I have seen from you lately I like. why? anyways I always thought there was something wrong with the gaddafi demonizing he never was a good speaker, rambles alot, but he did speak certain truths in his speeches. s+f
its becoming impossible to hide truths and easier to expose lies.........................................
edit on 30-8-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

If My spouse abused someOne...would You blame Me?

Just sayin' that just because a spouse behaves poorly One cannot conclude that this behavior extends to the One being examined. If the abuse occurred, Gaddafi may not even have KNOWN about it. We cannot assume that because One is abusive it follows that the spouse is, too.

I agree with you on that point.

It's even not HIS wife, it's his SON's wife. Taht makes it even harder to understand..

For the rest, i really don't know what to think anymore..

Peace out

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Ellen15

I did but couldn't read further because most of the "suggestions and improvements" were a bunch of BS:

95.18. Conform to the provisions of article 6 of the International Covenant on
Civil and Political Rights, and move towards a moratorium on executions with
a view to considering the definite abolition of the death penalty (France);

95.19. Commute all existing death sentences and establish a moratorium on the use of the death penalty as a step towards its abolition, as declared in the Great Green Charter of Human Rights in the Jamahiriyan Era (United Kingdom);

95.20. Abolish the death penalty and, in any event, establish a moratorium as an interim measure towards full abolition (Australia);

Abolish the Death Penalty? REALLY????

Please...thats just too much

Link

Looks like half the countries in the world (including the USA) could be seeing a "humanitarian intervention" soon.

edit on 30-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

LOL! They should make that recommendation to USA too! At least in certain states.

Double standard?? NOOOOOO!!

Peace out.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by wcitizen

If he is such a great guy, why have a population of 6 million people allowed a few thousand
fighters to remove him from power?

Did you read the posts in the thread? You're right, it defies logic....and that's because it isn't true. NATO has systematically bombed villages, towns and infrastructure and killed tens of thousands of innocent civililans, to open the way for small groups of feral rebels to enter a village or town and claim they had 'taken' it. They then fire a few rounds of ammo and pose for photo ops, then loot and murder the traumatised inhabitants of said town or village. Or did you think it was the rebels who were in planes in the sky bombing the life out of a country and a people?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

There are all kinds of atrocities that have gone on and are going on right now. The UN has ignored many of them. Like I said earlier this war has nothing to do with human rights.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

That's bloody good make-up if so....getting the oozing pus so right and all......

Did you never watched an Hollywood movie?

I guess not...

Peace out.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

nine of the items in that list start with "continue" more than half of the items listed are things they where already working on and where being told to keep doing what your doing...

and at least half of the nations putting their 2 cents in could really take a look at their own track records of abuses past and current.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

the maids story although sad is irrelevant. Gaddafis daughter in law should be put on trial for the claims. that is in no way Gaddafi. i have three children theirs spouses actions are never a reflection of my beliefs, ever.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigwig22

Originally posted by Kryties

That's bloody good make-up if so....getting the oozing pus so right and all......

Did you never watched an Hollywood movie?

I guess not...

Peace out.

Again these days its pretty easy to fake things even in the mainstream news.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

Originally posted by Love thy neighbor
I can't believe that people are buying the mainstream media's story on this. After KNOWING we have been lied to in the past so much, this story never added up to me. This war is certainly not about human rights.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Love thy neighbor because: .

Right

HOWEVER they justified going in when Gaddafi started to shell/bomb/shoot his own people when they were protesting in the street.. again people are forgetting this

Ellen15, people haven't forgotten this - that's the whole point. How do you know that news was true?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
Well, to add more Grist for the Mill -- I have this story;
Al Qaeda after Gadaffi?
www.dawn.com...

Why is Al Qaeda after Gadaffi? Is it a religious thing?

Al Qaeda started in Saudi Arabia ...

.... my own theory is that it was a Saudi "Black Flag" group that pretended to try and oust the government so they could infiltrate the opposition and steer them towards other goals.

Then it got supported by the CIA and it's been our "Muslim extremists" that help us to invade countries or get rid of pesky foes ever since. "WE" want Gadaffi out of the way of all that premium oil, and so Al Qaeda is going to do it so that we don't get our hands dirty.

Or maybe there is an Al Qaeda and they just happen to do things that strengthen Anti-Muslim authoritarians in the USA, attack the same people we have trouble with (Libya, Iran, Democrats), George Bush did a great job destroying America for them and al Qaeda is doing a great job making the lives of any rebels worse.

Al Qaeda, they pop up in US when a President is losing public support, make a few threats in a video. The President beats his chest and issues tough statements, reduces civil liberties some more and gains in popularit.

They plant a bomb in their underwear or their shoe just when the government is wondering how it will get the public to accept the next draconian measure.

Then Al Qaeda fights on the same side of Rothschild's NATO in Libya...

Now, please tell me how they are enemies of the US Psychopathocracy?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by cripmeister

, as usual there is a barrage of off topic youtube videos and articles coming at them.

and what the MSM articles are based facts? dont give me that.

He didn't said that the Youtube videos aren't facts or anything, just that there is a lot of "off-topic" Youtube videos. Meaning that they may be true and all but they don't have anything to do with the current topic. That fact may lead to a confused discussion.

Learn how to read please.

Peace out.
edit on 30-8-2011 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

A clue in this link suggests there could be many more that were executed:
www.chron.com ...

Survivors and human rights groups have said Gadhafi loyalists retreating from Tripoli after decades of brutal rule killed scores of detainees and arbitrarily shot civilians over the past week.

Council spokesman Ghoga said his representatives have collected names in cities rebels have liberated, resulting in a list of some 50,000 people rounded up by the Gadhafi regime since the uprising began six months ago. He said rebels freed 10,000 from prisons, leaving at least 40,000 unaccounted for.

There is also a reference I saw somewhere to a mass grave. I'll be watching for that.

Things could get real ugly and fast. If Gadaffi was innocent, he wouldn't be hiding.
edit on 30-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Things could get real ugly and fast. If Gadaffi was innocent, he wouldn't be hiding.

Gadaffi is innocent his just hiding from the rebels who are al qaeda lately have you seen what these rebel thugs have done to the blacks in Libya? shouldnt be that a war crime?

the NATO rebels have an agenda, the mainstream news can claim as much they want that they are only ordinary people fighting for freedom and the faked elections just like in the EU, and just like in the case of serbia, the radical party won fair and square in 2008 but the EU and the BS UN didnt want them to win, so they let serbia have another election, and who won? thats right boris tadic, a western puppet minster.

You can expect the same in libya.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Most of the rebels are fighting to have their personal version of a theocracy put in place. I'm not particularly enthralled with them.

sure they are
not after freeing islamic prisoners who are widely al qaeda and that the fact king idrs family members are also severing the rebels in the NTC who are very pro western stance.

Do you ever actually have a stance that doesn't move around? You argue, but I can't ever figure out what stance you are actually taking. Pro Rebel, Pro Qadaffi, Pro The Opposite of whatever.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

reply to post by Aeons

Most of the rebels are fighting to have their personal version of a theocracy put in place. I'm not particularly enthralled with them.

sure they are
not after freeing islamic prisoners who are widely al qaeda and that the fact king idrs family members are also severing the rebels in the NTC who are very pro western stance.

Do you ever actually have a stance that doesn't move around? You argue, but I can't ever figure out what stance you are actually taking. Pro Rebel, Pro Qadaffi, Pro The Opposite of whatever.

Do you ever actually have a stance that doesn't move around?

I Could ask you the same, do you have an actually have a stance thats based on the reality on the ground, or in fact why do you even backed al qaeda terrorists?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join