It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBUNK THIS - There WERE NO human rights abuses in Libya according to UN Human Rights report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

There were a few blokes who managed to kick open the doors and escape just as the grenades were being thrown in. One of the men lost his entire family in that warehouse, he apparently watched them burning to death - he's the one who was confirming it was Gaddafi's mob who did it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by Atzil321

The average civilian is terrified of the rebels who are heavily armed. If you were there would you fight the rebels if you didn't believe in their cause? Would you risk the rape and murder of your family? I think not
edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

Good Point.

and maybe the average Libyan civilian does not know for sure who the rebels are and may not really know their "cause". confusion is rampent there.

some civilians may think the "rebels" are pro-Qadaffy "fighters".....may be they are being told that ?

most are "foreign" mercenaries and "white" UK and maybe other "white" soldiers.

many Libyan people think the UK is on their side ! lot's of room to fool a lot of people.

I think the "boiling water" lady is an actor.....with pretty good make-up.

I've seen better in hollywood horror movies !

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Same case with the picture of the woman with the burnt face you showed me earlier. How do we know that the man is not being paid to lie about what he has really seen because his life could be in danger otherwise?

Only way to confirm whether this story is true is to go and ask the man himself once the War is over. But I'm guessing he'll probably be executed by then..

edit on 30-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Kryties

Same case with the picture of the woman with the burnt face you showed me earlier. How do we know that the man is not being paid to lie about what he has really seen because his life could be in danger otherwise?

We don't. I am simply giving them the benefit of the doubt rather than dishonour the injury and loss both have suffered.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
While I agree we have been fooled and hoodwinked by the MSM once again, I can't really say I agree with your methods. I understand you have a certain point you wanna make (a critical one at this point), but that doesn't excuse editing sourced material at will to make it fit your view better. When people find out these kind of things, it only goes on to ruin what is otherwise and important and intelligent message;

63. Australia welcomed the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya’s progress in human rights and its
willingness to facilitate visits by Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International, which
demonstrated the country’s commitment to engaging with the international community on
human rights. [color=RED]Australia remained concerned over restrictions on freedom of assembly and
expression; the detention of political prisoners; limited rights to fair trial under the new
State Security court; enforced disappearances; deaths in custody; discrimination towards
minorities; lack of legal protections against domestic violence; and the application of the
death penalty. Australia made recommendations.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
discrimination towards minorities

Now come on, even Australia is kind of BSing here...

Link
edit on 30-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

We said Sorry.

EDIT: Oh, didn't see the link, I thought you were referring to our aboriginal people. How is one news article indicative of wide-spread discrimination?

edit on 30/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Not meaning to pick on Australia now lol, but I was just trying to show how these countries are hypocritical to suggest "human rights" improvements in Libya when they have equally bad track records back in their own countries!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Sort of a good point, I have no reason to trust Australia any more than GB or USA really. I do agree with what you are saying, the reason for the harsh critique is the damaging effect withdrawal of information has, once found out. All people should take into consideration the stuff you are talking about, most won't once they get the feeling you are trying to steer them in an certain direction. Peace, good work bringing this to our attention anyways

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

That article is BS. Everywhere you look in Australia, people from all nations are given work. Geez not even 2 years ago I worked at a service (gas for the yanks) station where I was the ONLY Aussie there - the other employees were 1 Iranian, 5 Indian and the boss was Egyptian. The Post Office up the road is run by an Indian couple. Hell, even my regular electrician is Chinese....

EDIT: My landlord is Indian....
edit on 30/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I'll admit there is the possibility of what you suggest - but what IF her story was correct? What IF she was actually tortured by Gaddafi's sons' wife? Imagine being her, and other people who have never even been to Libya start parroting on about how she is lying and how the MSM is using her? How would you feel in her position?

Why should this family bs matter. I heard yesterday that someone in charge in the us has close family that are here illegal.Its not right but i don't think we need the un to try to over through our government.Please understand that this is wrong on our part.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Its really sad to me.We claim to be helping them.Just look south of our borders.mexico is full of hu8man right violations.Why dont we do anything there.When i say human right are being violated i mean when i went to nogales i was speachless when i learned what happens to most of the children there i was changed forever.forced into sex acts to put food on the table.That is just a small portion of what goes on there.Never a peep from all these people here in the us that care so much if our media tells them to.Why wont the un go in?

If a fair list was made of places that need help the worst libia would be below most of names.However give them a few years of un intervention and they will be on top of that list.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What about these Human Rights abuses in US? Does this mean US should be bombed into oblivion and thousands of its citizens killed every day? This, and worse, has been going on for decades. And what about MK Ultra - isn't that the most heinous kind of torture?

Based on their own logic, those who justify the bombing, destruction, looting and mass murder of Libya because of the alleged Human Rights abuses, should now be utterly outraged and screaming out for NATO to come and obliterate the USA schools, hospitals, water supply, roads, infrastructure and communications and murder hundreds of thousands of innocent American civilians because their government is without any doubt, guilty of this horrendous abuse of human rights.

A pack of murderous Al Qaeda rebels should then be put in charge of US.

That would be justified, wouldn't it?

CIA Heart Attack Gun

www.newworldorderreport.com...

A CIA secret weapon used for assassination shoots a small poison dart to cause a heart attack, as explained in Congressional testimony in the short video below. By educating ourselves and others on vitally important matters like this, we can build a brighter future for us all.

The dart from this secret CIA weapon can penetrate clothing and leave nothing but a tiny red dot on the skin. On penetration of the deadly dart, the individual targeted for assassination may feel as if bitten by a mosquito, or they may not feel anything at all. The poisonous dart completely disintegrates upon entering the target.

The lethal poison then rapidly enters the bloodstream causing a heart attack. Once the damage is done, the poison denatures quickly, so that an autopsy is very unlikely to detect that the heart attack resulted from anything other than natural causes. Sounds like the perfect James Bond weapon, doesn't it? Yet this is all verifiable in Congressional testimony.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

you are right sir,there have been several claims by indian people that australian people and police are racist and xenophobic towards Asians

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

claims

This is the operative word.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Whether Ghadaffi is a good guy or not isn't the question, in my eyes.

There have been several "revolts" in the last year around the world; first Iran, then Egypt then Libya. There are governments all over the world who don't govern in the way America does. Does that give the "UN" (AKA the USA), the right to go in and bomb the hell out of them?

I find it curious that so many preach "diversity" and parade around with the bumper sticker that says "Coexist" yet we go into other countries and bomb the hell out of them because we don't agree with them, then we wonder why the world hates us. Gee, I don't know, that's a tough one.

And if you don't think the US is a bully, ask yourself this; why have we let the Saudis carry on with their way of government and dictatorship for so long? They still use beheading for crimes such as murder, rape, drug trafficking, sodomy, armed robbery and other offenses. The age of consent to marry in Saudi Arabia is not defined but there are cases as low as 8 years old. For those of you with no common sense, marriage generally = sex. Women are not allowed to drive. LGBT is considered a moral crime and is punishable by anything from prison to corporal punishment (lashing).

To me, this makes the US a bully, They go after the weakest among the nations and let others do as they please, no matter how abhorrent, as it suits their own political agenda.

Finally, ask yourself this; if the U.S. is soooooo concerned about human rights in Libya, why has it taken decades to do anything about it? All those years they knew what was going on under their noses and did nothing about it, but now we're "humanitarians". If you believe that line, you will believe anything. This is a political war and nothing more. Just like when we left Iraq in 1991, Hussein gassed the Kurds and we did nothing. We KNEW, but did nothing.

Let me clarify; I love the American people but I abhor and despise our government. They are as corrupt as any government in the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

the corporate media of the fascist masters is not worthy of Trust.Trusting corporate media would be as good as trusting Hitler and Goebbels.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If there was no humanitarian issues in Libya, then we have already watched the next pawn fall. Wars are just political influence that allow those that are on top of the food chain to secure what they need to stay on top. I'll be watching this one to see what continues on from the discussion. Does anyone here have a timeline of events that have so far happened in Libya?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
I'm betting that the "truth" portion of the three sides to every adage lies much closer to the Qaddaffi side than it does the western MSM. The MSM and government here have lost all credibility with me. They have cried wolf far too many times for me to believe anything they say any more.

Do I believe Qaddaffi did nothing? Probably not, but I'd bet most of what has been said negatively about him is untrue. Even if so, it's still NOT the job of the U.S. to fix Libya.There is no justifiable reason for us to be doing this.

Fix Libya, ha ha. Seems they had things going pretty well and didn't need any fixing.

Gadaffi was calling for terrorists around the world to hit the US and Israel MANY years ago! He has called for many journalists and freedom makers to be ASSASSINATED! He is a dictator. His people do not and did not have freedom. He killed 100's of protesters this year and THAT is what really got all of this started. You remember when there were waves of protests it seemed, all over the place? Well, it happened in Libya too and Gadaffi responded like a mad man, killing and bombing innocent people. We were FORCED to make a choice. The UN signed a resolution in 2005 called Responsibility to Protect. This resolution allows the UN to protect a nation's people if there're severe human rights violations. This permitted the UN and its members to enter into a war with Libya in weeks, not years! This gave the UN teeth to actually fulfill its purpose.

Have a look (i'm backing up my above statements):
www.bbc.co.uk...

Date: 22 February 2011...

In his first major speech since unrest began last week, Col Gaddafi said the whole world looked up to Libya and that protests were "serving the devil".

He urged his supporters to go out and attack the "cockroaches" demonstrating against his rule.

Rights groups say nearly 300 have been killed in the violence so far.
The Libyan leader said he had not authorised the army to use force, despite opposition statements that more than 500 people have been killed and more than 1,000 are missing - an indication that he was either not aware of the deaths or was deluded, says our correspondent.
Local people said the government there had collapsed on Thursday after the first protests. They believe the only people now supporting Col Gaddafi are foreign fighters in the country.

Our correspondent says there is now little doubt that Col Gaddafi's rule is finished, but the only question of how long it takes and how bloody the end will be.

Many Libyan diplomats, including the country's ambassador to the US, have turned their backs on Col Gaddafi and are urging the international community to take action. They have urged the UN to impose a no-fly zone over the country in protest.

Don't you see? His actions put us between a rock and a hard place.

We could not give him benefit of the doubt because of his previous actions.

Also... France is really the major reason this happened at all, not the US.
edit on 30-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- The badly burned former nanny of two of Moammar Gadhafi's grandchildren was receiving medical treatment Tuesday in the burn unit of a Tripoli hospital.

Shwygar Mullah says the wife of Gadhafi's son Hannibal poured boiling water on her for failing to keep a child quiet.

She is being treated for an infection with antibiotics. Her burns are dressed.

CNN first met Mullah on Sunday while visiting the luxurious former home of Hannibal Gadhafi.

As a CNN crew was about to leave, one of the staff members mentioned a nanny who worked for Hannibal Gadhafi. He said that Hannibal's wife, Aline, had burned the nanny.

At first it looked like the nanny was wearing a hat and something over her face. Then the crew realized that her scalp and face were covered in red wounds and scabs, a mosaic of injuries that rendered her face into a grotesque patchwork.

OK so not dead and receiving help - in rebel controlled Tripoli.

CNN has been inundated with offers of help for her and is working with humanitarian organizations and medical officials to get help for Mullah.

Bloody good show!

edition.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join