It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBUNK THIS - There WERE NO human rights abuses in Libya according to UN Human Rights report

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

I think the American Opinion is that Human rights were violated by Gaddafi when the Protesters that left Egypt and went to Libya.end of Feb 2011???..If my understanding of recent history is correct, Pres. Obama tried best to keep America out of Libya.I

Human rights werent violated by Gaddafi , heres something from my other thread with links in that thread of mine.

So What did the Terrorists,Armed thugs do in East Libya?

Benghazi- Rebels storm a local army base and force the soldiers at gunpoint to give up there tanks and weapons

Quryna reports that rebels storm and overtaken a prison in Benghazi,freeing 1,000 nonpolitical prisoners

According to Reuters "Protesters in the port city of Benghazi chanted slogans demanding the resignation of prime misnter Baghdadi Al-Mahmoudi. There were no immediate reports of demonstrations agaisnt Gaddafi

attacking your own country soldiers,police officers,setting fires on banks, freeing terrorists and nonpolitical prisoners from prisons well claiming that you want democracy doesn't sound very revolutionary.

Now does it?

I Wonder how do you think how would America Britain if either there own people rise up and thugs do these same things you think the government in America would just let the door open at the Pentagon for the rebels in America? i think not.

As for obama tried best to keep America out of Libya no he didnt kept out of libya, why would he break the rules and go to the united nation asking them for approval for the bombing of libya eh? that isnt staying out and definitely the way obama acted was that of war criminal.

He knew Congress wouldnt approve of it so what did he do? he went to the UN and bowed to them and NATO.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I believe there is a lot that remains to be seen in Libya! Are there any reporters over there that are apart of ATS!!? Stand upp!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

I think the American Opinion is that Human rights were violated by Gaddafi when the Protesters that left Egypt and went to Libya.end of Feb 2011???..If my understanding of recent history is correct, Pres. Obama tried best to keep America out of Libya.I

Human rights werent violated by Gaddafi , heres something from my other thread with links in that thread of mine.

You don't know that. Maybe it was a "wag the dog" you don't know, you're not there ,is my assumption correct? We don't know cause we wern't there, We can assume a lot, We dont get paid so its all free speculation, But I will say this. I'm not going to advocate any protest, I dont want that responsibility. I am an average man with an average opinion. I can't run my own affairs I sure cant run a country.I dont know all the secret dope on the world. I sure cant do it better. I will say this though. I can walk in public without personal protection and I can sleep at night just fine, not making the big heavy decisions that world leaders make. Policies that run the world are made by people that are informed. It provides ballance. I am a sinic,I wouldnt do things so gracefully

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I wonder if CasualIgnorance has forgotten that Big G. has ordered the terrorist action that caused a plane to crash at Lockerbie?

Does this ring a bell?
La Belle (1986), Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie (1988) og UTA Flight 772 over Niger (1989), Jolo (2000)

OH!
I forgot. Didn't Muammer al-Gadaffi support Idi Amin? Didn't he send troups to help Amin when they tried to knock him out of his Presidency for life?

In 2006 Big G. spoke on national TV and said that all his political opponents should be killed.

Isn't the truth about "no human rights abuses" that CasualIgnorance is a part of Gadaffis spewing of lies across the internet as well as through televison and radio?

Gadaffi was hailed for announcing that he would follow "most" human rights. But he didn't!

edit on 2.9.2011 by HolgerTheDane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

No surprise here, I heard, I think it was in ATS!? (My memory is frail) Libya had a great free healthcare system, and zero interest banks and all this great stuff. Something like the top 5 countries in economic capacity? I dunno

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
I wonder if CasualIgnorance has forgotten that Big G. has ordered the terrorist action that caused a plane to crash at Lockerbie?

Does this ring a bell?
La Belle (1986), Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie (1988) og UTA Flight 772 over Niger (1989), Jolo (2000)

OH!
I forgot. Didn't Muammer al-Gadaffi support Idi Amin? Didn't he send troups to help Amin when they tried to knock him out of his Presidency for life?

In 2006 Big G. spoke on national TV and said that all his political opponents should be killed.

Isn't the truth about "no human rights abuses" that CasualIgnorance is a part of Gadaffis spewing of lies across the internet as well as through televison and radio?

Gadaffi was hailed for announcing that he would follow "most" human rights. But he didn't!

How many times have we been through about the Lockerbie BC? there was no proof Gadaffi was behind the bombing, nor the attack on La Belle (1986)

and you believe the western mainstream claim that he would kill his political opponents? just like how the media lied that the iranian Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Isreal should wiped out of the map? well did that happend? i guess it didnt.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sternblut
No surprise here, I heard, I think it was in ATS!? (My memory is frail) Libya had a great free healthcare system, and zero interest banks and all this great stuff. Something like the top 5 countries in economic capacity? I dunno

I've heard on ATS that God is real, that Comet Elinin is actually a spaceship and the Queen is really a shape-shifting alien lizard.

Saddam built up a great Education and Healthcare system in Iraq preior to 1991, but the guy was still a brutal bastard. One doesn't preclude the other.

And the bit at the end.. "one of the top 5 countries in economic capacity".. Not even remotely true, no matter where you heard it. If Libya was in the top 5 economic powers, they would have a seat at the UNSC, World Bank, IMF, G8 and G20 just to start with.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Nothing like iraq really now says who? as for the Troops Canada has already 453 or so troops on the Troops next with Qatar Forces in the Ground, i saw an footage of an Qatar APC stopping an uprising in benghazi.

Did you? Care to share? Was this on RT or was it the much hated Western/Arab news? Because I find it a little ironic you claim that the images we are seeing on the news are faked, except the one where you saw a Qatari tank?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

yeah,go ask the muslims ,Saddam was still better than USA for them.And this is what muslims from ME and India have to say.

Our non stop bickering is not going to help.UK ,France and USA are making enemies left,right,center and when these economies start collapsing watch the fireworks. Trade,currency,revolutions and proxy wars will turn to hot wars and these would be massive and involve WMD.

edit on 3-9-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sternblut

Yes,Sternbut thats right.The only crime of Ghadafi was that he was an anti-West Buffoon who wouldn't bow to the West and its bankers easily and tried to keep independent.

For that West has turned Libya into a warzone.Tell me you Europeans and americans(I was one before) like the austerity measures,budget cuts and constant warfare.
edit on 3-9-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I suppose they forced him to start wars, fund and carry out terrorist atrocities aswell

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Does this ring a bell?

OH!

What evidence have you seen that it was Ghadaffi who did this, other than accusations in the MSM? Have you seen any hard evidence?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Sternblut

Unless you can provide a source, it's possible that your memory may be inaccurate here.

I've heard on ATS that God is real, that Comet Elinin is actually a spaceship and the Queen is really a shape-shifting alien lizard.

Saddam built up a great Education and Healthcare system in Iraq preior to 1991, but the guy was still a brutal bastard. One doesn't preclude the other.

And the bit at the end.. "one of the top 5 countries in economic capacity".. Not even remotely true, no matter where you heard it. If Libya was in the top 5 economic powers, they would have a seat at the UNSC, World Bank, IMF, G8 and G20 just to start with.

And I've heard from the government and MSM that incubator babies in Iraq were left to die on a cold floor:

emperors-clothes.com...

In the following article, Kathy Kelly refers to the testimony before Congress some ten years ago given by a woman named Nayirah.

You probably heard about her testimony. She was the volunteer nurse who said she witnessed Iraqi soldiers pulling babies out of incubators and tossing them on the cold floor to die. She told of witnessing other horrors as well.

What you may not know is: Nayirah's entire testimony was fabricated. Not a word was true. Nayirah was actually the daughter of Kuwait's Ambassador in Washington and she had been in her family's palatial home in Washington during the period described below. She never left the U.S. There was no vacation in Kuwait, there was no sister with a newborn baby, no volunteer work in a hospital, no leaflets handed out and no Iraqi troops. There were only stories, the product of imagination - her imagination and the imagination of the people that coached her.

Reading these lies is useful. It prepares us to treat with skepticism the atrocity stories we are fed on CNN et al, and which are used to justify wars of conquest by our Imperial rulers. Notice as you are reading that even though you know none of what Nayirah is saying is true, that despite this knowledge she effects you. Reading it you want to sympathize with the poor child and have to remind yourself: she never left Washington. It's all made up.

Nayirah testified before a special session of something called the "Congressional Human Rights Caucus Committee" on October 10, 1990. Her stories, especially the famous incubator nightmare, were used by Pres. Bush and the media to justify the savage assault on Iraq. The assault has continued to this day, resulting in the death of over a million children, not to mention untold numbers of older people. Not to mention the devastation of what was the richest secular Arab culture.

After you finish reading Nayirah please read Kathy Kelly's spare description of her visit t an Iraqi hospital. She tells the truth: it is the West, led by the U.S., which has deprived babies of the means of life, that has left them to die on the cold floor.

I also was told there were WMD in Iraq.

I also was told that they had to invade Afghanistan to find Bin Laden when, in fact, the Taliban had offered to hand OBL over to the American authroties, provided they provided proof of his involvement. Guess what - they had no proof and went on to lie about how the nasty Taliban were hiding him.

It is known that PR firms, expert in mind manipulation, are used to create news videos based on little or no facts.

edit on 3-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

NO He didn't. He denied to turn over those who were accused of the crime, because the nations had no connection, that allowed transition of prisoners.

Does this ring a bell?

Great britain sent bombers to Lybia, and killed several innocent bystanders, including one of Big G's children.

Does this ring a bell to you? Or, maybe it's ok for you to go and bomb children ... is that an OK responce to you?

OH!

Mr. Gaddaffi was an idiot, like probably 90% of the arab population. He put his support behind any "moron" that opposed the west, because it would bring the stupid public up behind him and shout his name on the streets. His idiocy is wanting the arab people do admire him ...

But if idiocy is a crime, you should be in jail ...

Don't you think it is far more significant to ask yourself, how come this guy was a part of UN human rights council, or even partially accepted anywhere on that basis? Than to talk about him spewing lies? I assume you are an adult, with a brain of your own.

He didn't, he's probably the only one who doesn't ...

what about the black south african student, who was shot with 30 bullets in New York. Was than act of humanity by the New York police department?

And look at these children, maybe this is a humanitarian aid? I think, you should THINK before you talk. Of all the human rights abusers in the world, the allies are the worst ... or maybe these children are just collateral damage ...

edit on 3-9-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

And of all the lies and deceits in the Universe. Don't you think it's an absolutely trivial deceit, to discover that Al Qaida, the notorious ... is actually NATO's ally?

Is everyone totally out of touch? doesn't this single information make people just jump?
edit on 3-9-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Nothing like iraq really now says who? as for the Troops Canada has already 453 or so troops on the Troops next with Qatar Forces in the Ground, i saw an footage of an Qatar APC stopping an uprising in benghazi.

Did you? Care to share? Was this on RT or was it the much hated Western/Arab news? Because I find it a little ironic you claim that the images we are seeing on the news are faked, except the one where you saw a Qatari tank?

I find it strange that you believe everything in the Western news, when their lies have been exposed so many times.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Does this ring a bell?

OH!

What evidence have you seen that it was Ghadaffi who did this, other than accusations in the MSM? Have you seen any hard evidence?

Well for starters I was around when a videoclip from Gadaffis big speech in 2006 was translated into danish. I was also around when political refugees from Libya living now in Denmark was discussing this with me and a few others at a local meeting.

But of course - I don't have to trust the Main Stream Media. Or the side stream, the under stream, over stream, not so main stream etc.
Even Gaddafis own speeches, where he tells us that he wants his opponents killed, are to be trusted.

But I should trust CasualIgnorance with his bits of truth taken out of context and blended with lies and shaken to make a cocktail of pro Gadaffi feces?

I should trust a bunch of people on ATS with an intense wish to make us all believe in lies about Gadaffi and his big heart?

I should trust a bunch of ATS fear mongers that are willing to put people like Idi Amin, Muammer al-Gadaffi, Sadam Hussein, Lenin etc. on pedestals simply because the want to seed discontent and mistrust in legally elected governments (Elected as opposed to stealing power under the guise of revolution).

No matter how much you might hate MSM or believe in the international conspiracy to make your life a misery fact remains that lies told enough times does not become truth. They merely swamp out the truth, making it hard to find.

I'll give Muammer al-Gadaffi the benefit of the doubt and believe that he took power because he wanted to make things better. He even did make some things better. The sad fact is that he stopped making things better and went down the same path as Lenin, Hitler, Sadam, Amin, Pol Pot and all the other tyrants of the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Unless you can provide a source, it's possible that your memory may be inaccurate here.

Unless you've developed a learning difficulty, I think you;ve totally mis-read my post, mis-read your source article and used both to prove a wonky point.

What did I say? Iraq had a good healthcare system prior to 1991.

What did the link say? A few things, actually. Firstly, this was a rumour (never actually substantiated) from the liberation of Kuwait, so after 1991 and in a different country! The one they invaded, actually!

The Iraqi healthcare system fell to bits after 1991 and the liberation of Kuwait, when we slapped sanctions on them.

So, my point stands and you're shown to be a bit of a plank.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

A good sensible post, but unfortunately it will go unheeded...

It would appear that no matter what you say, some people will think Gaddafi is a good chap. I am sure they'd say the same about Stalin, Mao or Kim too

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'll give Muammer al-Gadaffi the benefit of the doubt and believe that he took power because he wanted to make things better. He even did make some things better. The sad fact is that he stopped making things better and went down the same path as Lenin, Hitler, Sadam, Amin, Pol Pot and all the other tyrants of the world.

I'm danish myself, born one. And if there is anything more non-trustworthy, then it is the danes. Denmark a country of 5 and a half million, who still are a monarchy, that by no way represents it's own people. The media does not, by any means, represent activities that happen in denmark. And if a person is being violated by the danish government, there is no way for them to get any retribution.

Denmark is just, put bluntly, a nation of people who put their voice behind the victorer. April 9th, 1940. Denmarks soldiers gave up, without a fight, and the population went onto the streets and welcomed the victorers by waving flags. About two and a half years later, when it was clear the Germany could not win the war, Denmark changed sides.

That is Denmark, and there is absolutely zero critical news produced in Denmark. It's, putting it blutnly, an a typical, patsy nation of pro propaganda producers.

As a Dane, I'll say "lorte land" ... like so many others before me.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So, basically you have seen no evidence whatsoever, and there is also credible information to suggest that he may not have done it at all.

I'm not saying Ghadaffi is perfect, nor that he has done nothing wrong. I have yet to see one world leadler who is perfect....including our own politicians.

But can't you see how the government propaganda, supported by the MSM are lying to the people constantly. Can't you see that it is OUR western governments which are the biggest terrorists and criminals on planet earth?

Why point the finger at Ghadaffi when our own back yard is covered in more blood, lies, greed and corruption than any others on the planet?

Are you so outraged at your own government's crimes?

It is VERY convenient for them that the people keep swallowing the bs and looking away from the crimes going on at home and pointing the finger at some other country, based on little or no real credible evidence at all.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join