It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA almost out of disaster funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

FEMA almost out of disaster funds

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Federal Disaster Relief Fund, the pot of money used to help communities and individuals hit by disasters, is nearly depleted. That's bad news for victims of both Hurricane Irene and other disasters like the tornadoes that hit earlier this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

UH-OH! I wonder if this could be the start of something? Where did all of FEMA's money go. Theres a small disaster and all of a sudden FEMA is broke? I think not.

It even states that if a real disaster append anytime soon, additional funds would be needed, throwing us even deeper in a debt hole. Let's hope nothing does happen, otherwise Marshall Law will probably be issued to get EVERYONE to evacuate this time. They can't afford to be spending money rescuing stragglers. Any thoughts?

edit on 8/30/2011 by GoldenObserver because: Typo

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

edit on 8/30/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

You know, it's not just Fema. Our whole country is running out of money we borrowed in the first place. It's just a matter of time unfortunatly.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Yes, I know. It's a sad time that we live in. If only money could be totally dropped, never to be depended on again. If only. But what I fear is what could be done by TPTB DUE to FEMA having no money. Right now they say that they don't have enough money to reimburse people in disasters, but if they can't cover that then it could really start a spark, causing strict measures to possibly be taken.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

FEMA out of money???

no worries, just right 'em another huge cheque...

or better yet, just print up some more of them greenbacks...

US is not worried about floods,

but may DROWN in debt...

seeya

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Great just when Hurrican Katia threatens to be the 2nd punch of a Hurricane combo.

Hurricane Katia Tracking Inbound For USA around 9/11 - Forecast to Be Major Hurricane by Sunday 9/4

If FEMA cant maintain, then what... they call out the army and guards to permanently police the curfews and "relocation centers" ?!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The country needs to make some tough choices about what we spend and how we spend it. I hate to say it because I know I will get flamed for it but, it is not the job of the federal government to be your insurance provider. If you have a home, you should have home owners insurance. If you can't get insurance because you live in a flood zone or whatever, I have to ask if you did your due diligence before you bought the property? The federal government is not meant to be your mommy.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm

We have all seen what happens when certain government agencies face cuts..

CIA was facing cuts before 9/11

Then was given an open cheque book.

The police in UK face cuts, then comes unprecedented riots.

FEMA?

Who knows, but it wont be nice.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In a way I think i am hoping for a well planned cataclysm of economic destruction...here's how i am hoping it will go.
An added tax is collected from everyone workingfor 5 years,at $10/week. (52 weeks per year for 5 years of 150million working ) roughly $400billion in total, conditionally put into banks savings (conditions being a1.5%apr and lending the same amount back to the US gov't at 0% interest) this would increase the national borrowing authority by nearly 3 trillion in addition to the interest and the savings on 0 interest debt. (about 10 billion a year)
from here congress passes a twofold bill. one enforcing an schedualed doubling of all wages for every person regardless of circumstance. the second being the printing of money equal to our gdp and use this money to pay down the national debt. (roughly 14 trillion for both numbers) effectively wiping out the US debt, the cost for this would be the dollar being worth precisely half of its previous value. however, the aformentioned money to the banks would mostly limit the financial coomplications to foriegn companies investing in US economy. For the Us this would instantly mean several things.
1. the destruction of the US credit rating
2. elimination of all US debt
3. ease for bank loans to help companies through the transtion
4. makes american made good much more economically viable not just in the states, but abroad as well.
although there would be about 2 years for a full market correction, The US would be able to regain a capacity to compete in manufacturing, lose the 400 billion a year paid in interest due to outstanding debt. insurances costs could go down (relative to the correction for the dollar ) due to a capacity to compete with chinese pharmaceudical knockoffs. Also the money saved from debt would help shore up medicare and social security. And who suffers from this? well we all do, just a little before the market begins to correct, but largely, the heavily invested chinese government and those factories in china that now have competition in the US market
And we all live happily ever after....except the chinese who suffer a full blown depression

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver

UH-OH! I wonder if this could be the start of something? Where did all of FEMA's money go. Theres a small disaster and all of a sudden FEMA is broke? I think not.

The money went to build underground "bunkers" for the elite in case an asteroid comes a heading this way or in case the trillionares decide they have too many mouths to feed and depopulation is in order without them getting hurt in the slightest.

It even states that if a real disaster append anytime soon, additional funds would be needed, throwing us even deeper in a debt hole. Let's hope nothing does happen, otherwise Marshall Law will probably be issued to get EVERYONE to evacuate this time. They can't afford to be spending money rescuing stragglers. Any thoughts?

edit on 8/30/2011 by GoldenObserver because: Typo

A lot of the money goes to pay interest on the debt.....you know bankers and investors Whatever popcorn is left over goes to fema so they can keep the smiley face on and people continue to sleep away as though everything is rosey good.

FEMA always fails and its not because of incompetance. How will a global dictatorship be established unless america and europe are first brought down to par with uganda and somalia? Think about it cause not much happens by chance.

I recall hearing about the "one world currency" a few weeks ago on a mainstream site!

new topics

top topics

join