It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Levine Slams MTV VMAs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Adam Levine Slams MTV VMAs

news.yahoo.com

Don't expect to see Adam Levine rubbing elbows with Britney Spears and Beyonce at Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.

The Maroon 5 frontman and "The Voice" mentor took to Twitter over the weekend slamming the annual awards show.

"the VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. [expletive] you VMA's," Adam wrote on Saturday.

He also told his Twitter followers not to expect him to backtrack on his outspoken Tweet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Something is not right with our entertainment world.

Adam Levine is far from a musician. He is nothing but a fashion expert. Something is terribly wrong when THIS guy steps up to bash MTV and another media outlets pick his story up like he is qualified to be an official mouthpiece for the music world.

Much like all today's pop artists, the extent of his musical ability is singing weak ghetto harmonies. He attacks the VMAs as angst ridden teen fests (very true) and tries to separate himself from the teeny bopper image concerned crowd when that's exactly the target group for his BS "music".

Why does the media set the bar so low now a days? I cannot name one pop artist who has an ounce of musical talent. Im sure that real learned, talented musicians have twitter accounts and have tweeted valid opinions about the all out crainess of the VMA's and our current media push of talentless tripe. Why doesnt yahoo publish the opinion of a validted musician instead of an image driven sex symbol.

Crazy world...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Don't call someone a "fashion Expert" simply because they play music that is popular. He, unlike MOST popular musicians of his genre, is actually in a band, and wether you like them or not, they do have a sensibility and appreciation for music, which is truly where his concern stems from. Although I do agree that he is not be the firs for only person stepping up about this, but MTV is dead, he's just brining up useless topics.
edit on 8/30/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Adam Levine is a pretty good singer. I don't know what you are listening to. But seriously, what makes you think he is not a musician?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Adam Levine... he's that dood from Moron 5... right

2nd

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Maroon 5's lead singer isn't a musician but a fashion what ever? Dude can sing and most of their songs are good. I completely agree with him, MTV has sold out musicians and replaced them with brain dead bimbos and guidos, pregnant teenagers, and a multitude of other brain cell killing worthless wastes of airtime. If you want to watch music on MTV you'll need to tune in at about 5 in the morning.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sorry I started this and never continued. I thought this thread was deleted. My original point was that this dood from Maroon 5 is exactly the problem with our music nowadays and he is out there claiming to be someone with actual musical talent. I will give him some credit as his vocalizations are in tune (but nowadays that could be, and probably is the result of an auto tuner).

Here is another example of the media trying to throw out something out to us under the "understood premise" that what we are seeing is a display of incredible musical talent. It is indeed cute and I admire the little fellas ambition to make people have a good time. But cmon... musically talented?? In the fist place,he is DJing for hevens sakes.

Which reminds me! I recently heard of a clown named Dave Guetta whose music ability goes so far as to press the play button on other people recordings (of songs they themselves ripped off and added an already composed drum beat). But not only that, this supposed genre crossing musical genius twists the knobs around, cutting the volume in and out like we all did when we were in diapers while annoying our parents.

Heres the video link of the little fella...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-12-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Maroon 5's lead singer isn't a musician but a fashion what ever? Dude can sing and most of their songs are good. I completely agree with him, MTV has sold out musicians and replaced them with brain dead bimbos and guidos, pregnant teenagers, and a multitude of other brain cell killing worthless wastes of airtime. If you want to watch music on MTV you'll need to tune in at about 5 in the morning.

Maroon 5 does in fact have musicians in their band and I agree they actually can be labeled musicians a LOT more than any DJ or Kate Perry type of image based novelty act.

I just wish someone like Bela Fleck or a musician with a life long learning of technicality and dynamics would come out and say this. But whatever, teen angst sells. Just hate when the media passes novelty acts of as "incredibly talented musicians".

I had to LOL when I heard 50 cent (talentless) say he signed Jersey Shores Pauly D (talentless DJ) because he ws a cross between David Guetta (talentless) and DJ Khaled (talentless DJ). So we have about 4 mainstream fashinistas trying to validate each others "musical" talent. Its a bunch of morons talking about other morons. And I guess certain people swallow it up!

new topics

top topics

join