It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milky Way: First Realistic Simulation of its Formation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
According to the source, the featured video took eight months to calculate, which is quite impressive. That said, it's too bad they didn't provide it in a higher quality. This simulation is interesting because it shows how violence and mayhem transforms into tranquility and symmetry.

For almost 20 years astrophysicists have been trying to recreate the formation of spiral galaxies such as our Milky Way realistically. Now astrophysicists from the University of Zurich present the world's first realistic simulation of the formation of our home galaxy together with astronomers from the University of California at Santa Cruz.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
That was cool, man. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My friend,

Everything in that video made sense.

Awesome, many thanks for sharing this

Be safe be well, love and loved!

Spiro

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Nice.

I read an article yesterday or day before-- how including dark matter and allowing for supernovae is what worked in allowing the barred spiral to form-- something understood as strongly supporting mathematical dark-matter theories.

(Sorry, I didn't take notes).

If I recall the simulation of which I read was out of California, and using a different computer-- NASA machines???

Ah! Found it. Not the same article I read, but same simulation-- just a different credit. Eris.

NASA's "Seven sisters" (a.k.a., Pleiades)

Read here for more: Eris

top topics

join