It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning Over a New Leaf: A Tale of Kryties and ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by indisputable

ATS can be seem like a large and complex place to a new member. There is a tonne of crap, no doubt about that, but in amongst this are the pure gems, pearls of wisdom that can change the way you see the world.

I would call those "brilliantly polished turds".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Some are more like "Boeing Bombs".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a153e61ffda3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

His hair is so poofy

You should update your avatar, as that dudes hair is even more out of control in the new season of AA. I thought I caught a view of birds nesting in there but I may have seen that wrong (optical illusion created by swamp gas, I presume).

I don't hate the guy but he really should do something about that hair. Although, it does give all of us a load of chuckles, so maybe he should just let it go. I'm torn between the two.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

You can NEVER have enough Tsoukalos!
The Ultimate Tsoukalos thread (shameless plug)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Forevever

I can't stand GLP - the website looks like it was built by a 4 year old back in 1999 and there is very little, if any, intelligent discussion that doesn't devolve into namecalling and stupidity. That and I feel like I am going insane when I try reading much of what is on there.

I will look up that thread you mentioned though, I may have already seen it in passing but I'll take a looksie anyways.

GLP is useful only for finding out sensationalist news quickly. You have to give them that, they often find stories and report on them hours before the mainstream media, which doesn't seem like much until you realize that the media makes it's bread and butter reporting things first. Maybe GLP has an advantage because they don't have to run things through someone before they get the green light to put it on the air? Either way though, you're completely correct. GLP is just a hive of crazy, racist rednecks, religious zealots trying to convert everyone, and psychotic doomsday freaks who seem to get an awful lot of pleasure out of their own possible untimely demise.

I find ATS to be much better, simply because people are not allowed to be jackasses. I have a problem with the limitations of free speech, but I think ATS finds a really nice balance that lets thoughts be communicated freely but insults and vicious attacks are shut down at once.

Also I find the moderators here to be extremely cool and helpful, while at GLP they're Nazis who laugh at your problems and tell you to solve them yourself or go away.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I find your post informative and respectful. I always appreciate reading what you wrote. Now the real question, what's up with the avatar?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

My man Kryties!... Are you flirting with the dark side again? LOL!

I agree with a lot of what you say... but I think I will always be considered an a55hat on the board by certain crew! I love mysteries too but as the years go on and head gets wiser, I find it harder and harder to suspend disbelief... though some decent mysteries still exist. Ancient engineering for example! I can't work out how some of those massive stones have been moved and fitted to other stones with machine levels of tolerance. The mind boggles!

Great thread man!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join