It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinan Hunger Striker Demands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Doesn't sound too unreasonable. Among the demands- air conditioned cells, refrigerators in cells, knives. At least they left hand grenades off the list www.addameer.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
anything else? a lazyboy recliner, plasma tv, spa treatment? there's too many people in jail, let them starve. just kidding. but really some of those demands are just rediculous.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The majority of that list seems reasonable. They only seem to be asking for the same standards that countries like the US and UK have. Obviously some of the demands are unreasonable but the majority should be acceptable in my opinion.

No doubt Israel's rascist hate to Palestinians will mean they don't get any of the things they ask for.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
iSRAEL RELEASED PICTURES THIS WEEK OF ONE OF THE SO CALLED HUNGER STRIKERS SNEAKING A MEAL....

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I only can see 1 or 2 of the demands being in need of interpretation for a security and safety point of view.

The rest of them sound like rather simple and "basic needs" type demands.

You also have to read things in this list as being demands in case another one of the demands isn't posible to be met.

Like the demand for a small fridge in the cells, is in case the demand for the return of an open cell environtment isn't posible.

These people live in a very warm country you know, if they need to have drinks and food in their cells because they can't go to the cantina when they need a drink, I think a fridge is a rather simple request.

The fruitknife thing can be done in a secure and safe way by issuing plastic knives for it.

They just want human standards in those prisons.

For the guys that say "hey, they are prisoners, they have no rights, they are scum" well, a whole bunch of palestinian men in prison in Israel are as innocent as you and me.
From differing political views to not giving into the Israeli military when they are seizing your land, house, bussines, there are even lesser reasons why alot of those Palestinians are in jail, just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I only can see 1 or 2 of the demands being in need of interpretation for a security and safety point of view.

I suggest you read the list again.

top topics

join