It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELENIN breaking up SO much for DOOMSDAY

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

www.spaceweather.com

Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart. Observations by amateur astronomer Michael Mattiazzo of Castlemaine, Australia show a rapid dimming and elongation of the comet's nucleus akin to that of Comet LINEAR (C/1999 S4), which also disintegrated when it approached the sun in 2000. Comets are fragile objects, so this development while unexpected comes as no surprise.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So the famous killer comet isn't to be, yet again another doomsday scenario bites the dust, whats next on the 'end of the world' menu ???
What a bummer! I was looking forward to a light show not doomsday! Aw well roll on planet X

It seems this is a pretty standard break up, pretty common. It really shows people these days are desperate for an appocalyps scenario.
Maybe we'll just have to put up with living it out

www.spaceweather.com

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theversifier

I 2nd that

I also wonder what the "end-of-the-world" theorists will now come up with....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
when elenin comes to earth, i knock this ************ out!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by theversifier

www.spaceweather.com

Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart. Observations by amateur astronomer Michael Mattiazzo of Castlemaine, Australia show a rapid dimming and elongation of the comet's nucleus akin to that of Comet LINEAR (C/1999 S4), which also disintegrated when it approached the sun in 2000. Comets are fragile objects, so this development while unexpected comes as no surprise.

Already a thread up on this as of yesterday, the search engine is your friend (i guess).

ATS link to ELEnin breaking up Thread

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Man - so scarey! It's obvious what is really happening. The huge mothership which was masquerading as a comet is now starting to break into millions of smaller ships so that they can fall into battle formation for their final approach to Earth! OMG!!!

Well, it could happen. But more seriously - HHAHAHAHAHHA
edit on 30-8-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
NASA must have zapped it with a plasma gun to save planet earth...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
LOL you got me by 2 minutes
you win !! Mods can close mine if they like - multiple sources listed if anyone is interested
Thread

Originally posted by Forevever
This was posted 2 days ago in the conspiracy forum, but it looks like its hitting several news sites now, so I thought I'd give it go in breaking news.

Guess what happens when ice gets too close to the sun? LOL - I'll give you a hint - its not an earthquake!

It melts.

Sources
sott.net
solarimg.org
cosmicgnostic.com
www.universetoday.com

edit on 30-8-2011 by Forevever because: another source

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Sometimes i feel like Jeff Goldbloom (David) in Independence Day...www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01
Already a thread up on this as of yesterday, the search engine is your friend (i guess).

There wasn't anything in breaking news though - I hunted before I posted mine and linked to the conspiracies thread to give credit for the original story.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
lol this is the reason why wormwood (elenin) will make water bitter. its dusts are going to kill a lot of you moohhaha

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theversifier

allready posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by Required01

There wasn't anything in breaking news though - I hunted before I posted mine and linked to the conspiracies thread to give credit for the original story.

I know, I'm wasting my time, I'm aware.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
We are all doomed..............

Oh, actually no we are not,.......hmm, what do we do now?, well, I suppose 2012 is around the corner 2012 bandwagon it is then!.....we are all doomed. the sky is falling...arrrghhh!

edit on 30-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: glitch in the space time continium

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
crap! without DOOM comet what do I have to hope for?

explodely sun? nah, the sun and i never really got along anyway,

center-of-the-planet-nuclear-polechangey-meltdown? psh. If John Kusack can survive it, it can't be very dangerous (but i keep a bottle of water and a pair of floaties in the closet just in case)

evil superaliens wielding a planet with a name noone can pronounce on crazy orbit? pretty sure we'll be able to see that one coming.

nuclear winter? okay living in wisconsin, i wouldnt be able to see a difference unless the deer grow antler missiles

global warming? once again.. Wisconsin becomes lush tropical paradise... not so scary for this guy.

zombies? well by far the most enjoyable of the world ending scenarios... doesn't affect wisconsin. even the liberals up here like to shoot things, it wouldn't end up more than a gun crazed drunken weekend.. like every weekend here, but with less drunk driving.

slow gradual pathetic decline of organized civilization? definately the most likely here, and seems to happen again and again... pity.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the "Nibiru's super massive mass tears apart Elenin" thread.

Cue conspiracy theorists>>>>>>>>>>
edit on 30/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ohhh thank TPTB, for this, it's not disintegrating naturally!
It's due to our reptilian rulers / TPTB of this planet destroying Elenin, it's fine, the reptilians did something right for us this time.
They're using Nikola Tesla's technology to destroy Elenin, the tech he made before they killed him.
Now, finally, we'll be able to live past 2012
!!!

Thanks reps, CIA agents and other non humans who visit ATS, sorry if i offended you
I'm so happy
, literally, i'm going to have a great nights sleep tonight

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Reminder:

We allow 1 thread in Breaking Alternative News and 1 thread on the same topic in the correct subforum.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Ohhh thank TPTB, for this, it's not disintegrating naturally!
It's due to our reptilian rulers / TPTB of this planet destroying Elenin, it's fine, the reptilians did something right for us this time.
They're using Nikola Tesla's technology to destroy Elenin, the tech he made before they killed him.
Now, finally, we'll be able to live past 2012
!!!

Thanks reps, CIA agents and other non humans who visit ATS, sorry if i offended you
I'm so happy
, literally, i'm going to have a great nights sleep tonight

LOL, you are really out there aren't you

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

LOL Charizard had a great idea in the other thread

This might explain why people were convinced that they could see multiple objects in one of the photos of Elenin. I suppose 'they' used HAARP to break it up.

Go head doomsayers, get your spin on!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join